The Manor House
Nuy Valley, South Africa
The fully renovated Manor House accommodates eight people in four bedrooms and three bathrooms. It has a sitting room, kitchen, dining room and its own pool. It is air-conditioned with WiFi, DSTV and sound system.
The views are breath-taking.
This Manor House was built in 1840 by Christiaan Kloppers, a magnificent example of Cape Dutch architecture. Hans Fransen, devotes a whole page photograph to the Manor House in his authoritative book on Cape Architecture.
The house is thatched with a four-pilaster Worcester type gable with concave wings. T-shaped, it has a long, seven bay façade with original woodwork, including a “buite-kamer” door at either end. There is also a flat-roofed “stoep kamer”, or “smous kamer” on the western side.
Two palm trees reach right into the sky, planted so the farm could be seen by travelers from many miles away.
Daily housekeeping, good security and onsite management included free of charge. Meals can be arranged with our great Chef at a fee. Staff tips highly recommended.
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3500 square feet, 326 square meters
King, King, King, and King
8 guests maximum
Cape Town Airport
2 hours by car
The Cape mountains and vineyards
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Bird watching, sundowner / Picnic spots, tractor rides
- Mountain bike ride - 30km start and finish, Nuy on the Hill!
- Fishing, catch and release
Places of Interest
- Private wine tasting on Penhill Farm done by award winning winery Conradie Penhill Vineyards at extra charge (groups only) or at no extra cost at Conradie Family Cellars a mere 4km down the road
- Horse riding combo outrides to include wine, olive or beer tasting