Tahoe City, California
Sierra Vista West Shore Lake Tahoe
Just two miles south of Tahoe City, Sierra Vista is on a quiet cul-de-sac and is situated on a hill above the west shores of Lake Tahoe and Sunnyside Resort. Built in 2000, this beautiful mountain home is the perfect getaway to enjoy an active vacation or just relax among the trees. Amongst 3,000 square feet, four bedrooms and three baths you will find a Great Room, Executive-style kitchen, Rec Room, and finely appointed rustic furnishings all throughout the home.
The Great Room waits to greet you upon entrance with gorgeous vaulted ceilings, floor to ceiling windows with epic lake and mountain views, plasma TV/DVD, and a stone-encased wood burning fireplace.
The gourmet kitchen is every chef’s delight. A perfect example of this mansion’s modern barn-house theme, granite counter tops juxtapose miles of sandy-smooth wood paneled cabinetry and top-of-the-line stainless steel appliances including, a six-burner gas stove. The cathedral ceilings and tall windows allow for lots of sunshine all day long, not just in the kitchen but throughout the entire property. Directly connected to the kitchen’s dining area is a door to an outdoor wrap-around porch inclusive of a large hot tub. Imagine grabbing a big glass of Cab Sauv or your favorite seasonal beer and making your way to the Jacuzzi after a long day, and unwind watching the scintillating sun shimmer and set into the California Ridgeline.
Towards the back of the house is the stunning Master Bedroom. Vaulted ceilings with wood-beam detailing and floor to ceiling windows, accompanied by recessed lighting fixtures create the perfect amount of light no matter what time of day. This spaciously bright room also includes a Gas fireplace, TV, a second private balcony all to yourself and a marble vanity bathroom. Shower decorated with glass sliding door, private Jacuzzi soaking tub and double sinks for both you and your guests to have plenty of ritual morning or evening time without invading each other’s space. Plenty of additional sleeping space is to be found including two queen styled rooms and a room with double full beds, all intricately decorated to reflect pieces of Tahoe’s rural luxury.
Unique to this property is a downstairs Rec Room. Garnished with a 42” Flat Screen TV and lounge sofa seating, a pool table, and just in case you couldn’t get enough, more incredible views.
Perfect for winter, spring, summer or fall vacationing there are plenty of activities to keep you excited to be here. Go down to the water’s edge at Tahoe Park Beach Club where you can picnic, BBQ, play volleyball, basketball, and horseshoes or even watch the kids on the playground. In the summer, you can access some of the best hiking and mountain biking trails in the Tahoe area. For those adventurous souls, you can bike cross-country from Paige Meadows all the way to Alpine Meadows, or even Squaw Valley, returning on the bike path along the Truckee River and the west shore of the Lake. For you winter warriors out there, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, and Homewood Ski Resort are a short drive away. Paige Meadows is right out the back door for you cross-country skiers and snowshoe enthusiasts.
***Additional Notes to Pay Attention To****
Please be advised, this property has a steep access road. Guests who rent this property during the snow season (Oct 15-May 15) must bring a 4-wheel drive or AWD vehicle and carry chains in the event there is snow on the ground.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3117 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, and 2x Full
8 guests maximum
Truckee Tahoe Airport (TRK)
36 minutes by car
Lake and Mountain Ridge Views
PETS CONSIDERED: Please inquire -- prior written approval and $150 pet fee required per pet.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Helicopter Tour - Choose from 30, 45, or hour long tours with personally designed by you upon booking. This is definitely a do-not-miss opportunity.
- Scenic Drive - Take the car and drive yourself on the East Side of Tahoe to Inspiration Vista Point, where some of the most breathtaking views of Emerald Bay are to behold.
- Truckee River Bike Trail - This trail is off the beaten path, away from traffic and positioned in the most beautiful water and land terrain's imaginable. Spend all day getting lost in the hills.
- Truckee River Raft - Excursions consist of easy leisurely, self-guided and 5-mile floats down the river. Located on River Road on Highway 89, these rafting adventures are perfectly paced for friends, family or even little ones.
Places of Interest
- Squaw Valley Ski Resort - One of the largest Ski Resorts/areas in the USA, also home to the 1960 winter Olympics.
- Homewood Mountain Resort - Another easily accessible ski/snowboarding mountain inclusive of two lodges and on-mountain dining options.
- Tahoe Rim Trail - 64 acres of hiking, biking and horseback riding options through terrains of pine forests and meadows.
- Mount Pluto - An extinct volcano in the Granite Chief Range whose last eruption was approximately 2 million years ago.
- Commons Beach - Family-friendly lake, beach and park offering hosts of activities such as tanning, BBQing, swimming, concerts and even family movie nights.
Spring skiing in Tahoe City
This is a wonderful property! The home is well laid out with the master on the main level and three bedrooms on the lower floor. Each had very comfortable beds and linens. The pool table and hot tub were a nice addition. The view was a SHOW STOPPER! We spent a great deal of time sitting out on the deck and enjoying the mountain and lake views. House was well stocked and offered everything we needed. I would highly recommend this home. ”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet