Truckee Moose Manor
Truckee Moose Manor
Welcome to Truckee Moose Manor, a gorgeous 3564 square foot log cabin hewn from logs straight out of Zion National Park. This quiet getaway offers four bedrooms and three bathrooms with plenty of space for everyone.
Walk into the first level above the garage, which will blow you away! It functions as a gargantuan bedroom boasting a covered deck with an eight-person hot tub. This room has a gas fireplace, full couch, love seat, television, coffee table, king bed, queen bed, bunk bed with full bottom bunk and twin top bunk, and even a sink. It's a perfect room for a large group.
On the next level, you'll find three more spacious bedrooms! The master suite has its own full bathroom and king bed. The other two bedrooms, one with a king bed and one with a king bed, share a full bathroom. The laundry room is also found on this level.
The top level has two more decks, a second gas fireplace, and a pool table for a little friendly competition within your group!
The chef's kitchen is a delight! Not only does it offer beautiful countertops and an island for plenty of space, but also a dumbwaiter so you can bring everything up to the kitchen with ease to prepare a fabulous meal on a night in.
With four decks in total, you can enjoy the fresh mountain air and views while making use of the grill or sipping on your morning coffee.
Just 20 minutes from Squaw Valley, Northstar, and Sugar Bowl Ski resorts in Tahoe Donner subdivision with its own downhill and cross-country skiing five minutes away, this cabin is the ideal place for your vacation.
Do not miss out on the chance to stay at this prime mountain location, Truckee Moose Manor!
Private Residence with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3564 square feet, 332 square meters
King, King, King, and Other
12 guests maximum
Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO)
45 minutes by car
Fantastic Mountain Views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Ski Resorts - Ski throughout the area at resorts like Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Northstar and Sugar Bowl! All levels offered here!
- Bike Truckee Rentals - Offering bike rentals to enjoy Truckee's many bike trails, including the Truckee River Legacy Trail.
- Golf Courses of Truckee - With plenty of courses to choose from, we recommend Old Greenwood Golf Club, The Golf Club At Gray's Crossing, or Coyote Moon Golf Course.
- Tahoe Whitewater Tours - This family owned and operated company wants to provide you with the most memorable river experience possible. Work with their team for a whitewater rafting, kayaking, or tubing the thrill of a lifetime.
- Piping Rock Equestrian Center - Take a scenic trail ride by horseback at this wonderful equestrian center.
Places of Interest
- Old Town Truckee - Come enjoy the charm and beauty of Downtown Truckee. Explore our unique shops and experience the gritty past and vibrant present of our historic railroad town.
- Donner Summit - Cross-country skiing, dog sledding, and snow play.
- Lake Tahoe - Spend your days exploring the area or relaxing on the water.
- Donner Lake's - For just a small $8 guest fee per person, you can lounge on this lake's private beach!
- Moody's Bistro & Lounge - With its sophisticated supper-club looks and live jazz (Thursday to Saturday evenings), this gourmet restaurant in the Truckee Hotel oozes urbane flair.
Fabulous Views as far as the eye can see.
Lovely home with lots of room to move around. Well appointed kitchen with all you need to prepare a feast. You feel like you are far out in the wilderness yet you are close to everything. Splendid property for a large group! ”
Big House with nice views ... high up in mountains.
Lots of space in this three story house. Cool feature is the dumbwaiter to bring luggage and groceries from garage to 2nd and 3rd floor. Has a nice pool table, but the cue sticks were bad. Need to have good tips on cue sticks. The jacuzzi was big on deck, but water was cold. Tried turning it on, but it would not work.. Lots of rules at this house. They took pictures of where all furniture was and wanted everything back in the same place as when you arrived. They have lots of chairs .. hope we put them back in the right spots. The house is nice, but a long way off the 80 freeway. House says it is in Truckee, but closer to Donner Lake than downtown Truckee which is about 15 minute drive back to freeway. I would stay here again, but probably need snow tires to get up the hills in the winter. ”
Kids First Time on the slopes
It was my two kids first time on the slopes. The house was close to many ski resorts. The local one, which is Tahoe Donner, is right down the street from the house. Great place for lessons and new ski kids. The bigger resorts such as Northstar and Squaw are 20-30 minutes away, depending on the roads, pretty easy driving. The house was great, and the management team that looked over the house was spectacular. I would highly recommend a 4wd car. We had one, and with the big snowfall, it was needed. The house itself, makes you feel very much at home, you can tell it is well taken care of, and we treated it like we would want one of our houses treated. It was a great trip for our family and we would definately stay there again. Thank you John and Chris for the use of the house, I hope we were suitable guests.”
Truckee Moose Manor Delight
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Truckee Moose Manor. Terrific property with all the amenities you could need for your winter Tahoe escape. Thank you for hosting us. The Bir Family. ”