Dunkeld - Scotland, United Kingdom
Dunkeld and Birnam is one of the best preserved historic towns in Scotland, while around it is a fantastic choice of walks and rides in breathtaking surroundings. At the same time it is also a dynamic community, with a lively arts and music scene, great places to eat or spend the evening in, quality independent shops and galleries, and a range of accommodation to suit all tastes
Conichan is a lovely five bedroom property with two bathrooms with baths (one en-suite) and one bathroom with a shower. Flagstone floors with under floor heating throughout the ground floor.
At the heart of Conichan, the drawing room is spacious and open plan, making the best use of the central part of the house, with a flagstone floor and a double height beamed ceiling.
A large open plan kitchen with a dining area and sitting area with a log fire; oil fired Aga, an additional 4 burner gas hob and electric ovens, under floor heating, Belfast sink, chest freezer, Miele dishwasher and central marble-topped preparation island. There are two under-the-counter fridges in the kitchen island and a large fridge and freezer in the porch.
With direct access to the garden, the utility room has a washing machine, tumble dryer and drying facilities for wet outdoor clothing. An ideal place for a dog bed. Fully flagstoned, in keeping with the rest of the farmhouse, so muddy boots are not a problem!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet
King, King, King, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Edinbirgh or Glasgow
1hrs by car
The spectacular Highlands
Activities of Interest
- All the famous recreation in the the area like the Glentress mountainbike centre and Tweed River fishing and shooting are nearby.
- Visit Kailzie Equestrian Centre for an adventure. Swimming and boating on private Loch Eddy. Stobo spa.
Places of Interest
- Secluded along the Quair Water, Glen is also minutes to Innerleithen and Peebles; about an hour to the centre of Edinburgh and 30 minutes to the new Gorebridge train station.
- Traquair House - Scotland’s Oldest Inhabited House. Spanning over a thousand years of Scottish history. Walter Scot's historic home Abbottsford twenty minutes.
- Dawyck Botanic Gardens. Robert Smail's Printing Works is a fully working Victorian letterpress print works.
Magical Family Experience!
Conichan Farmhouse is a truly magnificent property out in the wild mountains of Scotland. We traveled with 3 adults and 4 kids ranging from 4-13. The house is very comfortable for all and accommodated the 2 chefs in the house quite well. The kitchen was a dream. It was such a magical place to return to after a day of exploration. We were all very sad to leave after a week & hope to have the opportunity to go back another time. ”
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet