Olympic Valley, California
Squaw Ridge Estates
Squaw Ridge Estates
Visit this beautiful 4,000 square foot modern home on Juniper Mountain. The property has five bedrooms, four and a half baths and sleeps up to 13 guests. Built with the finest finishes, the home was a finalist for the design award in the Tahoe Quarterly Magazine.
The house was designed to mix old-Tahoe style with modern touches and features hand-hewn hardwood floors, huge beams, granite fireplaces, custom-forged lights, and a professional kitchen. The views are simply amazing and a huge draw to the property. There is a 180-degree view from Alpine Meadows ski area to KT-22 and the backside of Squaw Valley. There is a large deck with a hot tub on the side of the property, serving as a person spot to take in the beautiful views.
The master bedroom has a king bed, a fireplace, jetted bathtub and rain shower. There are two additional bedrooms upstairs, one with a queen bed and the other with a twin-over-double bunk. There is another bedroom with a twin and a sleeping loft with a third twin bed. Downstairs there is a guest master with a queen bed.
There is another guest suite with a queen bed and large bathroom above the detached garage for those that want to have some additional privacy.
The very spacious modern kitchen has new stainless appliances, granite counter tops, and plenty of storage space. The home is very open with a 'great room' concept - open living, dining and kitchen areas for a very social feeling. The vaulted living room and kitchen ceilings are almost 20ft high and there is a large wood-burning stone fireplace.
Near the downstairs guest master bedroom is a laundry room that also has lockers for gear and a boot dryer. Also on this level is a media room with s large screen TV. A two car garage is available for your convenience as well.
There is a nice lawn area and fully landscaped yard, great decks and patios, as well as a BBQ and hot tub for your outdoor enjoyment.
In the winter this home is ideally located with easy access to both Alpine Meadows Ski Resort and Squaw Valley Ski Resort. Both are only a couple miles away. For summer, this home is only 2 miles from the Truckee River and 5 miles to Lake Tahoe. One of the best hiking trails in the Lake Tahoe Area, the Five Lakes Trail, is just up the road. There is also access to several great mountain biking trails nearby - the Paige Meadows trail and the Western States trail. There is horseback riding only a mile away - always a lot of fun for kids.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, and Bunk
10 guests maximum
Reno International Airport (RNO) - 1 hour by car
270 degree Mountain Views
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Squaw Valley Ski Area - Explore the vibrant ski culture of this world famous resort! Beginners will find forgiving learning zones and experts thrilling terrain, all set against the backdrop of dramatic alpine scenery.
- Matt Heron Fly Fishing - This all-inclusive fly fishing school is one of the best in the nation, offering classes in private, stocked ponds, and trips out on the Truckee River.
- Alpenglow Expeditions - With AMGA certified guides, Alpenglow brings their acclaimed experience in international mountain guiding to all adventures, whether you're skiing, rock climbing, or hiking!
- The Links at Squaw Creek - Designed in a links-style along the scenic mountain terrain, this Robert Trent Jones Jr. resort golf course is located at the base of the dramatic Squaw Valley.
- Squaw Valley Aerial Tram - Take a panoramic, ten minute ride that climbs 2000 feet and soars over a mountainscape of granite rock, waterfalls, and the iconic Tram Face.
Places of Interest
- Granite Chief - Hike up the magnificent Granite Chief for sensational views of Squaw Valley.
- Eagle Falls Trail - Hike through this moderate trail for far reaching views of Lake Tahoe and the sweeping Sierra high country.
- Alpine Meadows Resort - Tucked between Truckee and Tahoe City, Alpine Meadows Resort is a picturesque playground for families and off-the-radar thrill seekers alike!
- Christy Hill Restaurant - This elegant bistro offers panoramic views from every table, and delicious French-inspried California cuisine.
- Six Peaks Grille - Six Peaks Grille offers fresh and innovative food prepared with distinctive regional ingredients. Enjoy a delicious cocktail after dinner while gazing out over the spectacular Squaw Valley.
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo