The Mitchell River Estate - 400+ Acres, Fly Fishing Paradise
Dobson, North Carolina
The Mitchell River Estate
This magnificent estate is your ticket to a vacation like no other! The Mitchell River House is situated on 400 acres of beautiful private land, providing a picturesque and tranquil setting for fly fishing, outdoor adventures, and family gatherings. Offering three bedrooms and two bathrooms, this 3000 square foot home sits directly on the swift waters of the gorgeous Mitchell River.
This magnificent farm estate is located in the heart of North Carolina’s Yadkin Valley Wine Region, off the beaten path, but easily accessible if you wish to head into town. If this rustic home seems a little familiar to you, it’s because it was featured in Nicholas Spark’s movie "The Longest Ride," chosen for its incredible natural beauty and stunning views. A recently renovated barn sits close to the main house, offering a spacious, 16-foot deck overlooking the Mitchell River.
This home has been lovingly refurbished to give you a feeling of stepping back in time. With two large living rooms, there’s plenty of space for the whole family to spread out and gather around the radiating heat of the fireplace. Each living room is outfitted with stunningly rustic décor, from the wood paneled walls, to the gorgeous paintings featuring scenic, pastoral landscapes. Comfortable leather sofas and chairs can be found in each living space, along with more wooden finishes, creating a western aesthetic. The kitchen features a wonderful, old-fashioned design with all the modern amenities you'll need to prepare delicious meals for the family. You’ll love the spacious work area, the gleaming hardwood floors, and the vast layout, offering plenty of room for multiple assistant cooks!
This home offers three cozy bedrooms, including a bunkroom that also features a full-sized bed. The other two bedrooms, including he master, offer plush, king-sized beds, and each room is outfitted with silky-smooth linens and snug duvets to keep warm. Two of the three rooms offer their own private fireplaces to keep you extra toasty during an especially chilly night. Each bathroom offers polished wood paneling, and more than enough space to refresh and rejuvenate with a bath or shower after a long day.
While the interior of this one of a kind vacation home is warm and inviting, what truly makes the property so special is the 400 acres of private, natural beauty that surround you. You’ll find two outdoor porches, both offering sweeping views of the lush greenery, rolling hills, and roaring river. Half of your time here will be spent exploring this vast property along with all the adventure and beauty it has to offer. You’re given direct access to the Mitchell River from your property, making this home a great destination for fly fishing enthusiasts. The Mitchell River is stocked by the state, so no need to worry if the fish will be biting! If you’d like to venture away from your massive, private retreat, the Mitchell River House is situated with incredible proximity to numerous nationally acclaimed wineries, such as Shelton Vineyards, Stony Knoll, and Herrera Vineyards. Take a few hours during the day to delight in the scrumptious wines at these acclaimed wineries. As the shimmering sun slowly sinks down in the sky, gather with your family around the outdoor fire pit to roast marshmallows and share stories about your adventures throughout the day!
One trip to the Mitchell River House will immediately make you long for more! Come visit this rustic treasure, and bask in the serenity that 400 acres of natural wonder can bring.
Estate with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3000 square feet, 279 square meters
King, King, and Other
8 guests maximum
Piedmont Triad International Airport - GSO or Charlotte Douglas Airport (CLT)
80 minutes by car
400 acres of lush greenery and rolling hills!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Cardinal Stables and Riding Academy - Cardinal Stables offers guided trail rides year round along scenic paths through beautiful forests and meadows.
- Yadkin River Adventures - Take a leisurely kayak ride down the gorgeous Yadkin River.
- Flyfishing - The majestic Mitchell River sits right in your back yard, and is a great place to try your hand at flyfishing!
- Cedarbrook Country Club Golf Course - Built among the rolling foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Cedarbrook Country Club is the creation of one of golf's legendary architects, Ellis Maples.
Places of Interest
- Harvest Grill - This delicious restaurant sits on the grounds of the prestigious Shelton Vineyards, and offers a diverse, seasonal menu, paired with tasty house wines.
- Vineyards - There are numerous beautiful vineyards in the area, such as Shelton Vineyards, Stony Knoll, and Herrera, just to name a few!
- Cody Creek - Located just south of Dobson, Cody Creek is a rustic, stylish destination with restaurants and antique shops!
- Fisher River Park - Fisher River Park allows for outdoor activities, such as hiking and biking, in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet