Hakuba Village, Japan
Nestled in the heart of the Japanese Alps, Hakuba is considered the Mecca of skiing in Japan.
The Chalet is conveniently located in the Misorano area of Hakuba, within 5-minute drive to Happo-One and Hakuba 47 ski resorts, the supermarket, and the popular apres-ski area of Echoland.
It features 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms, accommodating 6 people. There is one master bedroom with a king size bed, a bedroom with 2 single beds and another Japanese style bedroom with 2 futons.
Woodpecker Chalet is professionally managed by a local hotel management company to ensure our guests are properly looked after.
If you need a day off from the slopes, Hakuba has plenty of hotsprings, and it is only 1 hour away from the famous Snow Monkey Park.
In the summer, guests can enjoy various outdoor activities such as hiking, paragliding, white-water rafting, and other non-motorized water sports in Lake Aoki.
Nature lovers will for sure love the alpine flowers and fire flies by the lakes. One of the largest wasabi farms in the country is only an hour away, and its picturesque settings will definitely calm your soul.
Our property manager will be available to pick-up and drop-off at the train/bus station.
Single Family Home with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1100 square feet, 103 square meters
King, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Tokyo Narita Airport
Train/train/bus combo – this includes a train from Narita to Tokyo (or Ueno), then a bullet train (Shinkansen) to Nagano, and then a bus to Hakuba. This is the fastest route. From the Tokyo international airport the total trip takes about 3.5 to 4 hours d
The beautiful Japanese Alps
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
There is a USD$80 per day optional charge to cover the property manager's local services plus the insurance of the car, which is inclusive of the chalet exchange.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Enjoy Japanese Onsen a very common pastime in the colder months here. A fantastic feeling.
- Experience pure tranquillity away from the crowds and lift-lines on snowshoes. Tours are available in the area and it's well worth it.
- Experience the real Japan learning to make soba (buckwheat) noodles under the guidance of Hakuba’s experts or origami
Places of Interest
- Dating back to the 16th century, Matsumoto Castle is known as the “Crow Castle” due to its unique black colour. It's designated as a national treasure.
- Visit the Jigokudani Monkey Park which is home to about 200 wild Japanese macaques who just spend their days soaking in the natural hot springs.