Elegant Warehouse District Penthouse
Elegant Warehouse District Penthouse
***Property Owner Is Severely Allergic to Animal Dander. Therefore this home is not suitable for members with pets or service animals.***
This elegant New Orleans penthouse located in the Warehouse District, the heart of the city’s blossoming Art District, offers sweeping views of downtown New Orleans. Within blocks from this 2,050 square foot, two bedroom property you will find dozens of Art Galleries and Museums.
Traditional décor will make you feel right at home when visiting this beautiful flat. With natural light flooding through, the area is both warmly decorated and bright. There is a well-appointed kitchen, complete with an ice maker and wine cooler.
The spacious terrace can be accessed through the large doors in the living room, featuring views of the World War II Museum and the beautiful downtown area. There is plenty of room to lounge in this outdoor area, with comfortable seating and an outdoor dining table.
The master bedroom features a King sized bed with a large adjoining bathroom as well as access to the terrace. The second, very spacious bedroom, has a queen size bed and adjoining full bath.
When staying at this property, you will find yourself three blocks from the spectacular World War II Museum, the Ogden Museum of Southern Art and the Civil War Museum. The Riverwalk Outlet mall is a five-minute walk and features over 75 retailers and restaurants on the bank of the majestic Mississippi River. The Outlet Collection at Riverwalk offers shoppers and diners an experience like no other.
The Historic French Quarter is a 10-block walk or 5-minute cab ride. The famous antique and specialty shops of Magazine Street and the beautiful homes in the Garden District are also a five-minute ride in the other direction.
This flat is conveniently situated only four blocks away from a trolley car stop that will take you all over town. The trolley car is the oldest continuously operating streetcar in the world! The mahogany seats, brass fittings, and exposed ceiling light bulbs are from a day when plastic seats and aluminum rails were not even a thought. Rumbling around the ''neutral ground'' of St. Charles Avenue and Carrollton Avenue for more than 150 years, the streetcar symbolizes the charm and romance of the City of New Orleans.
Townhome with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2050 square feet, 191 square meters
King and Queen
4 guests maximum
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) - 30 minutes by car
30 mins by taxi or Uber/Lyft
World War II Museum and downtown New Orleans
No Pets Allowed
Activities of Interest
- Cajun Encounters - A local, family-owned tour company dedicated to giving visitors an authentic experience of Louisiana culture, history and wildlife.
- Save Our Cemeteries - One of the most popular things to do in this historic city is to tour a cemetery, boasting tombstones embellished with ornate designs inspired by French and Spanish architecture.
- New Orleans Museum of Art - Spend the afternoon exploring more than 40,000 works of art at this impressive museum.
- Backstreet Cultural Museum - This off the beaten path attraction is the best way to experience the true identity of New Orleans.
- Audubon Park - Seated in historic, uptown New Orleans, this is a favorite spot among visitors and locals.
- Right behind the N.O. Convention Center (2 blocks away), 3 cruise ships (Norwegian, Carnival and Royal Carribean) launch for 4/7 day cruises to the Caribbean every week of the year
Places of Interest
- French Quarter - (10 blocks) If you want to experience New Orleans properly, definitely stop by the historic spot for a meal or late night entertainment!
- Preservation Hall - On any given night, this historic jazz club is filled to capacity with those eager to hear authentic, New Orleans jazz.
- The Mississippi River- a short walk through the Riverwalk shopping mall brings you to Spanish Plaza and the Mighty Mississippi. Stroll past the Audubon Aquarium down to the Mississippi Queen steamboat and Jackson Square.
- The New Orleans Convention Center is only 2 blocks from the Condo. There is a shady promenade in front of this 1/2 mile long venue, often with publicly accessible events.
This was such a lovely penthouse in the Warehouse district. It was so close to so many wonderful restaurants, however if you choose to stay in an cook, the kitchen in this condo is amazing. Great location in New Orleans! I would highly recommend it if you are visiting the Big Easy!”
Janie and Jay are great hosts. They are easy to communicate with and are willing to make us feel at ease and at home. Their condo is nicely decorated and looks like an art gallery with quite a few paintings depicting Southern Life. You will love their perfectly fitted and well-equipped kitchen. But we did not cook since we went out every evening to enjoy Cajun cuisine, thanks to Janie's and Jay's useful list of excellent local restaurants within walking distance. However, one might find the Ponchartrain Expressway and the authentic warehouse elevator a little bit too busy.”
We had been to New Orleans before and couldn't wait to spend more time there but had never stayed in the Warehouse/Arts District. Wow, what a perfect location! It was non-touristy, close to the street car lines, and only a few short blocks from some of the hottest new restaurants in New Orleans. We did an "art gallery crawl" just 5 blocks away, went to a Saturday farmers market, caught the street car to the Garden District, and caught another one that put us only 1 block from the French Quarter. Janie and Jay's penthouse was an elegant yet comfortable place to relax after a day of walking. We especially appreciated their art collection, many of which are Janie's own work. They were attentive hosts and made themselves available to answer any questions quickly. Thank you, Janie and Jay, for the opportunity to create many more New Orleans memories!”