Cruz de Piedra, Maipu, Argentina
Completely surrounded by sweeping vineyards and groves of olive trees, Casa Zolo is the perfect luxury retreat for a week spent exploring Mendoza’s famous wine country. This four-bedroom, 4000 square foot, historic home was once the home of one of the first governors of Mendoza, and offers finery fit for a king.
As you enter through the stately front doors, you’ll find yourself in another world. The main living spaces are filled with classic, elegant décor, and punctuated with authentic, native South American art. The main floor offers a spacious floor plan that encompasses the living and dining rooms, offering ample space for entertaining guests and gathering with your loved ones. Comfortable sofas and chairs are nestled around a rustic fireplace, and off to the side of the room you’ll find an expansive wooden bookcase, filled with plenty of options for some light reading! The dining room sits just under a delicate and intricately designed chandelier, and offers seating enough for twelve.
The kitchen is well equipped, with state of the art appliances and pristine countertops. You’ll find all you need should you want to whip up a delicious, home-cooked meal. You’ll find the kitchen, as well as the rest of the home, to be clean and polished throughout your stay, as this home comes staffed with two wonderful maids who come at no extra cost.
Each of the four bedrooms features a grand design, with luxurious linens and duvets that will keep you comfortable all through the night. Intriguing and gorgeous art pieces decorate each room, and all come with a pristine, private attached bathroom. In one room, you’ll find a lavish, queen-sized bed, while the three other rooms contain two full beds. The full beds can be pushed together to create queen beds if needed.
Casa Zolo offers all the amenities of a resort, yet sits tucked away in an exclusive and secluded environment. Outside, you’ll find a refreshing and luxurious full-sized pool, surrounded by plush chaises where you can bask in the sun and laze the day away. Your classic and stately home sits just one mile from Club Tapiz, an elegant hotel where you’ll find one of the most renowned wineries in the region. During your stay at Casa Zolo, you’ll be invited to partake in wine and cheese tastings every night, and even allowed to sample delicious, sparkling wines in the amazing cave located on the property. Club Tapiz also offers one of the most scrumptious restaurants in all of Mendoza, just minutes away from your front door!
Mendoza has always been one of the world’s great wine capitals, and like any fine wine, it’s only getting better with age. Take a day trip to the sweeping Uco Valley, one of the key wine regions on Mendoza, about an hour south of the city center. Just next to the amazing vineyards in this region, you’ll fine Vines of Mendoza’s Winemaker’s Village, where you can visit smaller wineries such as Corazön del Sol and SuperUco. When you’re done exploring this region, have dinner at Bodega Monteviejo, boasting some of the most delicious Mediterranean food around. If you’re interested in a more casual meal, closer to your home you’ll find Francis Mallman’s year-old pizzeria, Orégano, serving up delicious pies for lunch and dinner. Wine and food lovers won’t regret making Mendoza their next vacation destination.
The vibrant city of Mendoza will offer you an experience beyond your wildest dreams, and this elegant home will serve as the perfect retreat.
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 4000 square feet
Queen, Queen, Queen, and Twin
8 guests maximum
Governor Francisco Gabrielli International Airport - MDZ
30 minutes by car
Views of beautiful vineyards and olive trees!
There is a mandatory fee of US$350 per week. This includes daily housekeeping and breakfast preparation (with guests groceries).
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Wine Country
- Red Globe Tours - This tour specializes in exclusive food and wine experiences that explore the wonderful regions of Mendoza and beyond.
- Martin's Bikes - This company offers a range of biking experiences, from leisurely rides through gorgeous vineyards to more strenuous rides through breathtaking mountains.
- Rancho Viejo Horseback Riding - Take a lovely ride through the mountains in the region, or through the sweeping vineyards at sunset!
- Aconcagua Expeditions - This tour group provides you with guided climbing and trekking expeditions on the region's most famous mountain.
Places of Interest
- Vineyards - Explore the rustic beauty of the many bodegas in the region, including Tierras Altas and Corazon del Sol.
- Mount Aconcagua - See with your own eyes the highest point in the Western Hemisphere.
- Uco Valley - Make your way through one of the top wine regions in all of Argentina!
- Club Tapíz - Located just a mile from your home, Club Tapíz will delight those who love fine wines and cuisine.
- Bodega Monteviejo - In addition to fine wines, this winery offers a renowned Spanish chef who cooks up Mediterranean-tinged fare inspired by the wines.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- Espresso Machine
- Handicap Accessible
- Hot Tub
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet