Winter Park, Colorado
Rough Hewed Manor - Ski-in/Ski-Out Luxury
Rough Hewed Manor
Distinguished by its rustic, traditional cabin design, Rough Hewed Manor offers an immersive escape from the hustle and bustle of your daily life. Boasting 5200 square feet and five cozy bedrooms, this home is perfect for large gatherings of friends and family looking to delight in the serenity and beauty of the great outdoors.
With high, lofty ceilings and a grand, open layout, a light and airy feel fills each room of this lovely home, reminiscent of the sweeping mountain terrain outside. This spacious feel is accentuated by the numerous large windows, allowing for natural sunlight to bathe each space in a natural, ethereal glow. Rustic, wooden floors cover the living room, where you’ll find ample, comfortable seating, all centered around a massive stone fireplace. Coming home from a day on the slopes, you’ll want nothing more than to snuggle close together with your loved ones and bask in the warmth of a roaring wood fire.
The kitchen is spacious and gourmet, fully equipped with everything you’ll need to whip up a delicious homemade meal the whole family can enjoy. The whole kitchen is covered with wooden paneling, creating a sense of rustic comfort. State of the art appliances are available for your use, along with a massive center island, offering extra space to prepare meals, as well as a peaceful spot to sip leisurely on your morning coffee. Just off the kitchen area, nestled in a charming sunny nook, you find the large dining table, offering more than enough space for you and your guests to enjoy dinner together every night. A gorgeous, delicate chandelier gently sways over the table, creating an aura of class and elegance as you dine.
With five bedrooms, this mountain getaway offers more than enough sleeping space for large gatherings of family and friends. The spacious master bedroom offers a lavish king-sized bed, along with a pristine attached bath. In the next bedroom, there is an equally comfortable queen-sized bed. The next bedroom provides two twin beds, while the last two each hold bunk beds that your children will just love! Each bedroom offers unbelievably snug duvets and comforters that are sure to keep you comfortable during cold winter nights.
While your living quarters offer supreme luxury and comfort, the true highlights of your vacation will come from the time you spend outside, racing down the slopes or exploring the breathtaking natural beauty of Winter Park. During ski season, this property provides you the convenience of ski-in/ski-out, connected to the famous Mary Jane Mountain at Winter Park Ski Resort, known for its unsurpassed snow quality. If you visit us during the summer months, there’s no better location for avid hikers, as the area is filled with sweeping, scenic views at every turn. Rocky Mountain National Park offers multiple trails for you to choose from, as well as the opportunity to see elk, deer, moose and more! Local lakes are perfect for boating and kayaking, and multiple streams feeding into and including the Colorado River offer plentiful fly-fishing opportunities. The whimsical town of Winter Park offers numerous delicious restaurants appealing to a wide range of tastes, and plays host to a number of concerts, music festivals, and art festivals every year!
Whatever season you choose to visit, Rough Hewed Manor will provide you with warmth and bliss as you enjoy the tranquility and escape that a mountain vacation provides.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 5200 square feet
King, Queen, 2x Twin, Bunk, and Bunk
12 guests maximum
Denver International Airport - DEN
2 hours by car
Surrounded by spruce and pine with a view to the continental divide!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Cozens Ranch House Museum - Offering historical artifacts and a wonderful look into the area's history, this museum is the perfect place to spend an afternoon with the family.
- Snow Mountain Ranch Dog Sledding - This beautiful resort offers guided dog sled tours on their property, where you'll glide swiftly through a gorgeous expanse of wilderness.
- Grand Adventure Balloon Tours - Get a bird's eye view of the Continental Divide, Rocky Mountain National Park, and the sweeping, mountain landscape of the area!
- Fraser Valley Sports Complex - The "IceBox" skating rink offers free public ice skating for you and your family to enjoy.
- Golfing - Winter Park is home to four spectacular courses: Pole Creek, Grand Elk, Granby Ranch, and Grand Lake.
Places of Interest
- Winter Park Ski Resort - This excellent ski resort offers over 3,000 acres of great terrain, and a new slopeside village with wonderful shops and restaurants.
- Winter Park Winery - Located in downtown Fraser, this winery provides itself on its delicious wine, small town charm, and friendly atmosphere.
- Rocky Mountain National Park - With majestic peaks in every direction, this amazing national park is full of natural wonder to discover!
- The Village at Winter Park - Whether you're looking for authentic Colorado gifts, the newest trends in fashion, or just a fantastic souvenir, the Village has you covered!
- Ranch House Restaurant and Saloon - Located on the edge of a sweeping meadow, this sensational eatery offers a rustic atmosphere, where you can enjoy a delicious meal in complete serenity.
We had a great time and the house was perfect for two couples - several days just relaxing plus visits to Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park and Mount Evans.”
Outstanding summer week in the Mountains
This big and spacious home was a great place for a summer week in the Rocky Mountains. Winter Park offered downhill mountain biking at Trestle Park, together with numerous hiking trails and other adventure-oriented activities that made for a pleasant family vacation. Winter Park is an easy drive to nearby Breckenridge and Vail resorts which added some variety to our stay in terms of hiking and summer golf. Brian was a thoughtful host before, during, and after our stay and we would recommend his home for a stay during any month of the year. It is truly lovely!”
Large Home with excellent ski-in/ski-out access
Beautiful home well equipped to handle large crowds, yet felt cozy for our small party of six. Brian provided great information prior to our arrival, and took the time to ensure everything was okay on our day of arrival. Short drive to town and restaurants, but that is more than offset by the excellent ski-in/ski out access. The home is well supplied, and the entire stay exceeded our expectations!”
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo