Davis Island Cottage
Davis Island Cottage
Surrounded by scenic and peaceful seclusion, this lovely four-bedroom cottage is nestled on a secluded point looking out over spectacular views of a long bay on the Atlantic Ocean. Spend your days on Davis Island watching lobster boats and sailboats passing by, enjoying all of the serenity and adventure this world-class coastal destination has to offer!
This charming cottage boasts a traditional and classic rustic feel but presents visitors with all the modern features and comforts of home. The living room features a comfortable, oversized sofa and chairs, allowing you to sink into a cozy and welcoming atmosphere as you delight in a roaring fire. With plenty of rustic charm, the living room invites you into a space that’s filled with charming art pieces and eclectic décor.
The living room leads into the fully updated kitchen, offering comfort and a cottage-like ambiance while still featuring modern amenities that will make you feel like a true master chef! You’ll enjoy access to stainless steel appliances, ensuring each meal is cooked to absolute perfection. After dinner, grab a glass of wine and head to your spacious porch to enjoy views of the sunset over shimmering blue waters.
Each of the four bedrooms is comfortable, with a bright and soothing décor that boasts a quiet elegance. The lovely master bedroom offers a king-sized bed and magnificent views overlooking the water. The next bedroom features a queen-sized bed, while the next two bedrooms are great for children, with two twin beds and a bunk bed respectively. You’ll love the classic floral patterns found on the bedding, which is snug and soft, sure to lull you straight to bed.
While Southern Maine gives you classic coastal beach towns, Eastern Maine offers a more wild, rugged beauty that’s filled with serenity at the same time. Davis Island offers the perfect destination from which to explore miles of jagged coastline, but also to relax endlessly. Spend your days uncovering hidden picture-perfect coves, perfect for beach picnics, or taking a leisurely kayak ride to gorgeous offshore islands. Shoppers will love the multitude of antique stores to peruse through. When dinner rolls around, be sure you make time to experience Maine’s famous lobster and seafood – you’re just four minutes away from Red’s Eats, where you can have what many consider to be the best lobster roll in the world!
Spend your next coastal getaway in this wild and beautiful landscape, with this lovely cottage as your home away from home!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2000 square feet, 186 square meters
King, Queen, 2x Twin, and Bunk
8 guests maximum
Portland International Jetport (PWM), Wiscasset Airport (ISS)
1 hour by car (PWM), 15 minutes by car (ISS)
Beautiful water views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Bar Harbor Oceanarium & Lobster Hatchery (2.5 hour drive) - This hands-on nature experience is perfect for families, and lets kids play games as they tour the lobster museum.
- Morris Yacht Charters (2.5 hour drive) - Morris Bareboat Charters offer a wide range of sailing yachts well-suited for exploring Maine’s intriguing coastline!
- Glidden Point Oyster Farms (15 minute drive) - This super friendly staff will teach you all you need to know about oysters, and you'll dine on some of the very best!
- Damariscotta River Cruises (15 minute drive) - On a hot day, there's nothing better than sailing down the river, enjoying the breezes off the water.
- Wawenock Golf Club (25 minute drive) - This stunning course has hosted generations of golfers with a great appreciation for nature and the sport.
Places of Interest
- Red's Eats (5 minute drive) - Stop in to experience what is considered by many, the best lobster roll in the world!
- Acadia National Park (2.5 hour drive) - Take a day trip up the coast to the most spectacular national park east of the Mississippi River!
- Fort Edgecomb State Historical Site (2 minute walk) - This charming historic attraction is right next-door to your getaway home!
- Split Rock Distilling (8 minute drive) - Sample several products, and enjoy full drinks and a food truck on site on the weekends!
- Shannon's Unshelled (20 minute drive) - This seasonal harbor-side shack serves up fresh lobster rolls, and features alfresco seating.
Peaceful "work from home" escape with amazing water views!
The description of the cottage was spot on and the owners were very thorough with instructions and recommendations, which made it very easy & straightforward! The porch is enormous with water views every direction and made for our favorite spot in the evenings. Plenty of fresh local seafood and lots of fun shops in the nearby town Boothsbay Harbor. And of course we had to get a Lobster Roll from both Spragues and Reds across the river. Such an incredible easy-going week in a lovely cozy place, highly recommend!”
Maine, magical, on the water.
All of our romantic images came true at our classic Davis island cottage. The location, porches, sunsets, lobstermen, tides, birds.... We want to come back so being very selfless sharing how much we loved it!!! The area, the endless fresh fish places, the owners... owners were great!! Cottage very clean on our arrival. Owners sent very appreciated restaurant, walking, swimming etc suggestions. . Such a great week!! ”
Great Maine Vacation
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Davis Island Cottage. The setting right there on the water was simply spectacular. We made a point of being there each evening by sunset time to enjoy the view. The house itself is a charming classic old fishing cottage and provides a tremendous base of operations for exploring so much of beautiful Maine. And Dan and Elizabeth were great hosts, very responsive to any needs or questions that we had. We hope to be able to visit there again.”
Water views from all windows!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Davis Island Cottage. The home is situated on a point of land in one of Maine's many inlets and you can see the water from all windows (except the inside bathroom.) Peaceful and beautiful scenery and lots of sightseeing and fantastic Maine seafood for miles around. ”
A visit to Maine
Wonderful, relaxing week in the quintessential Maine Island cottage. Owners could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Hope to return!”