Sydney's Iconic Yellow House Pad
Potts Point, Australia
Sydney’s Iconic Yellow House Pad
Experience a stay in Sydney like no other at the historic Yellow House flat in Potts Point. This freshly renovated one-bedroom apartment sits on 900 square feet, offering a bold and chic atmosphere that makes it the perfect pad for an inspired vacation.
Decorated in a nod to the beautiful home where it’s located, this house was home to the area’s underground art scene in the early 70s, and continues to represent that hotbed of creativity today! Each space in this apartment offers a distinctive style. Furnished throughout with superb décor and statement pieces, this home is filled with the owner’s own private, eclectic art collection that brighten up every home. The living room is outfitted with sculptural furniture pieces, and a vibrant, impossibly comfortable sofa that you’ll love! From here, head into the minimalist, pristine kitchen, with state of the art KitchenAid appliances to ensure that your meals are cooked to perfection. Enjoy your meals at the bar-style kitchen table, resting under impressive oversized Kreon light fittings.
When it’s time to head to bed for the night, you’ll love the daring, striking style of the purple master bedroom. On one side of the room, the curved wall panel offers a fresh take on traditional décor, and pairs with the Zaha Hadid wallpaper gorgeously. The bathroom offers a whirlwind of color, designed in a kaleidoscope of tiles that will absolutely dazzle you!
From the main area, two sets of steel doors open the living space to an appealing terrace that attracts plenty of light, creating a warm spot to enjoy a cool glass of wine in the late afternoon. Sliding screens made of narrow strips of painted timber allow for privacy and seclusion, but don’t block out the soft glow from the sun!
Nestled in the heart of the incredible Potts Point, you’ll spend your vacation surrounded by historic buildings and grandiose mansions, where vibrant nightlife and charming cafes await! Art galleries and fine dining are readily available to you, nestled amongst the garden setting that houses Sydney’s oldest neighborhoods. Located within the Yellow House itself you’ll find the famed Yellow House Gallery, which is must-see! The city’s best restaurants are right outside your doorstep, including the one that rests below your apartment, Yellow. You’ll also find that this home offers incredible proximity to the city’s most famous attractions, such as the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
This home is perfect for those looking to experience Sydney through the eyes of a true artist. A stay at the Yellow House presents an opportunity for creativity, luxury, and vibrancy that you won’t want to miss!
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 900 square feet
2 guests maximum
Sydney Airport - SYD
20 minutes by car
Activities of Interest
- Dharawal National Park Walking Tours - Explore the stunning scenery and escape from the hustle and bustle of the city for awhile!
- Balloon Aloft - Get a spectacular view of the city as you soar over the breathtaking countryside.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb - Thrill seekers will jump at the chance to scale this incredible bridge, and take in the city from above.
- Museum of Contemporary Art - MCA is the go-to venue for cutting-edge art on a local and international level.
- Sydney by Kayak - Explore deep gorges, wandering creeks, and all of Sydney's other natural wonders by kayak!
Places of Interest
- Sydney Opera House - Take a backstage tour and learn more about this incredible architectural structure.
- Carriageworks Farmers Market - This busy market is well worth the trip for fresh seasonal produce and delicious treats!
- Saint Peter - Featuring an ever-changing menu, this fish diner introduces you to innovative and tasty dishes!
- Love Tilly Divine - This charming, alleyway wine bar has become a staple of delicious, Italian comfort food in Sydney.
- Gordon's Bay - Gordon's Bay is secluded and serene, offering a great spot for a snorkeling adventure.
Great place in Sydney!
The apartment was a good size, very cool and up to date. Nice deck. Owner is super. In a wonderful neighborhood and easy walk to the tourist spots. Glad we stayed here in Sydney. ”
Beautiful apartment in a perfect location
We had a wonderful time in Potts Point. The apartment is beautifully appointed with a fully furnished kitchen. Joel Trethowan welcomed us in person and was very helpful in recommending neighborhood restaurants and other must-do things to do in Sydney. Given the opportunity we would love to come back here anytime for another stay. ”
Fantastic house in perfect location!
This house should be renamed the "Happy House". It is so much fun and comfort, like no other. We enjoyed all of the traditional tourist sites but had the most fun exploring the neighborhood. Joel is a splendid host, and the house is decorated with wonderful touches. The sofa manufacturer is on my short list for my next furniture purchase!”
Perfect location to explore Sydney!
Well kept and function place in a wonderful location. Close to fabulous restaurants, parks, and buses. Beautiful very walkable neighborhood.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Espresso Machine
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet