Franklin, North Carolina
Bear Paw Mountain Retreat
Bear Paw Mountain Retreat
Make your next mountain adventure the vacation of your dreams at this three-bedroom cabin, situated on 3200 square feet on a mountaintop. Nestled high above the North Carolina National Forest, you’ll experience incredible vistas and unsurpassed mountain luxury all week long!
This timber-framed cabin allows for a rustic retreat into the majestic Blue Smokey Mountains like no other. Professionally decorated to reflect the serenity of the wilderness outside, the main living space is equipped with massive windows, allowing you to gaze at the beauty of the mountains all day long. Gleaming wooden finishes cover each and every inch of space, perfectly accentuating the luxurious cabin feel. Soft, leather seating fills the main seating area, nestled next to an earthy stone fireplace, perfectly designed to keep you warm in the brisk mountain air.
From here, the open floor plan effortlessly blends into the dining and kitchen areas, which offer state of the art amenities to help you prepare a family dinner. The gourmet kitchen is fully stocked with gleaming granite countertops and both Kitchen Aid and Jenn Air appliances. The polished breakfast bar offers seating for five, while the main wooden dining table seats six.
Each of the three floors at this property plays host to its own spacious bedroom, each connected to spacious en suite bathrooms to ensure maximum privacy. Two of these bedrooms contain massive California king beds, while the third offers two twin beds, creating the perfect space for kids. Each room offers five-star, resort quality bedding along with 600 thread count linens, ensuring you a restful nights sleep. Enjoy the sound of the clear babbling brook outside as you drift off to sleep.
The smooth, elegant décor at this home is tough to beat, but somehow the quality of the outdoor living spaces manages to do so. Your mountain getaway offers four spacious decks, providing you with ample space to enjoy the dramatic, mountain landscape around you while sipping on a cool beverage. If you’re not spending the night under the twinkling lights on the deck, take advantage of the natural log fireplace for a quiet evening filled with delicious Smores and hot cocoa. No matter where you spend the evening, you’ll adore the picturesque colors of the sky as the sun slowly sinks down behind the majestic mountains!
The abundance of wildlife and nature found in Franklin provides you with more than enough activity to keep you occupied throughout the week. Explore Mother Nature at her best, taking in the views of the Smokies, the natural forest, pastures, ponds, and so much more! Your cabin provides great access to intriguing wildlife, such as wonderful and rare birds, as well as the nocturnal flying squirrels, who will provide you with nightly entertainment. Franklin offers multiple hiking trails, such as Pickens Nose and the trek to Wayah Bald Lookout Tower, each offering spellbinding views of the mountain scenery. Rivers and lakes are close by, providing a spot to fish, swim, kayak, or just bask in the sun. Make time to visit the charming town of Franklin as well, and familiarize yourself with its eclectic shops, quaint restaurants, and rich history.
Bear Paw is the picture perfect retreat for those looking to relieve themselves of stress and get in touch with nature. Book your stay today, and come appreciate all that Franklin has to offer!
Single Family Home with 3 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3200 square feet
King, King, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT), Asheville Regional Airport ( AVL)
3 hours and 15 minutes by car (CLT), 1 hour and 30 minutes by car (AVL)
Activities of Interest
- Smoky Mountain Center for the Performing Arts - This wonderful venue offers ample opportunities to view sensational concerts and shows!
- Pickens Nose - This hike offers the absolute best views of the sweeping, North Carolina countryside around!
- Artisan Jewelers - Offering an extensive variety of gems, minerals, and so much more, you'll love the gorgeous designs at this unique art gallery.
- Freedom Fishing Company - Learn how to fly fish from the best!
- Franklin Gem and Mineral Museum - Explore the rich history of this quaint mining town!
Places of Interest
- Wayah Bald Lookout Tower - Hike to the top of the highest point in western North Carolina for breathtaking vistas!
- Rose Creek Mine - Franklin offers the chance to explore numerous old mines, including this one which offers a serene and pleasant atmosphere.
- Currahee Brewing Company - Enjoy the afternoon in this German, beirgarten style tasting room and outdoor, riverfront patio.
- Big Laurel Falls - Delight in the crisp mountain air as you take in the beautiful, rushing water at these falls.
- Caffe Rel - This charming cafe serves up sandwiches, pastas, and delicious European-inspired dishes.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet