Klein Bottle House - Architectural Gem
Klein Bottle House
Enjoy the prestige of vacationing in a true architectural marvel during your stay at the magnificent, award-winning Klein Bottle House. With three bedrooms, and sitting on 2600 square feet, this incredible structure is nestled in a secluded area and offers gorgeous vistas, along with excellent proximity to surfing beaches and trendy townships for you to explore!
Know for its experimental, geometric build, the Klein Bottle House offers an exceptional look at the marvels of modern architecture. The home has won countless awards for its innovative approach to design, including the Robin Boyd Award for Best House in Australia, and the Grand Designs Award for Best International House. The house revolves around a central courtyard, with a grand, regal staircase connecting all levels. The main living space is characterized by interesting spatial relationships, offering a sleek and modern style of décor that perfectly compliments the interesting angles and design. The minimal use of color, along with the pristine whites and blacks used in the layout and the furniture create stark contrasts and an elegant atmosphere. The kitchen is gourmet and outfitted with state of the art appliances, offering a clean, well-equipped space to whip up a delicious meal. After dinner, head out to one of two spacious sun decks to enjoy the sweeping views around you and the beautiful sunset.
As you wander up the central staircase, color becomes more prevalent in the vibrant red hue that covers the walls. The rooms in the upper level begin to mix this red color in with the blacks and whites, bringing more warmth to the rooms in which you’ll lay your heads at night. Three bedrooms are available for you to choose from, and multiple bed configurations are available if need be. The master offers a lavish queen-sized bed and opens up to a private deck where you can enjoy the sunset as you sip on a cool glass of Australian wine. Each room comes with access to a sleek, polished bathroom, each uniquely designed and offering resort-style comfort. Downstairs you’ll also find a cozy cinema room, which can be used as an extra sleeping space for the children, fitting up to three double beds.
Just over an hour from Melbourne, the Mornington Peninsula is where all Melbournians hang out over the weekend, and your stunning vacation home offers amazing proximity to everything that makes this region so popular. Take a breathtaking, surfside walk starting right at your front door, sprawling over 200 meters of natural sand dunes and culminating in spectacularly wild surf beach (only suitable for experienced surfers). If surfing isn’t your style, just ten minutes away you’ll find a beautiful bay beach, perfect for swimming and other forms of water sports. Around the beach, you’ll find numerous trendy shops, markets, and delicious restaurants to explore. Venture a little farther away from your home away from home, and you’ll find yourself surrounded by some of Australia’s best golf courses, along with superb wineries that offer a great spot for lunch while overlooking the vineyard. Scuba dive, take a bike ride, visit historic Point Nepean, or the trendy town of Sorrento for breakfast and shopping. With so much activity surrounding you, there will never be a dull moment!
With its experimental design and gorgeous layout, the Klein Bottle House offers a sensational twist on the modern vacation home. Book your stay today!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2600 square feet
King, Queen, and 2x Full
8 guests maximum
Melbourne Airport - MEL
1 hour by car
Gorgeous views of the surrounding bushland and trees.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- The Cups Estate - The Cellar Door, the delicious restaurant at this exquisite estate, is open seven days a week for tastings of their delicious, award-winning wines.
- Searoad Ferries - This spectacular 40-minute trip links together Melbourne's most magnificent coastal regions: the Bellerine and Mornington Peninsulas.
- The Dunes Golf Links - The fairways at this course are lined with enormous, natural sand dunes, creating a unique and challenging environment for golfers.
- Polperro Dolphin Swimming - Take part in the rare and magnificent experience of swimming with these amazing creatures.
- Proline Fishing Charters - This family-owned company has been helping visitors ply the waters of Bass Straight and the Souther Ocean for years.
Places of Interest
- Rye Beach - Take in the breathtaking scenery along the coastline as you enjoy a peaceful day at the beach.
- Peninsula Hot Springs - Refresh your mind and body at this natural hot mineral spring and spa center.
- Tootgarook Wetlands - Visit the largest freshwater marsh in Port Phillip Bay!
- Panorama Garden Estates - This 55 acre garden and wildlife preserve offers you the chance to explore beautiful gardens and natural wonders.
- Veraison Fine Dining - Relax with a chardonnay in hand while you enjoy Veraison's combination of superb cuisine and unparalleled service,
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet