Playa Mujeres, Mexico
La Amada - 3 Bedroom Residence
La Amada - 3 Bedroom Residence
Located in the Playa Mujeres resort area, La Amada offers access to world class golf, a deepwater marina, and private beachfront; all just 12km north of Cancun.
While Cancun is a place visited by millions, Playa Mujeres is what fortunate locals and savvy expats have discovered for themselves. This highly livable community offers privacy and security in a beautiful natural environment.
When you arrive at Playa Mujeres, it is easy to forget that we just a few miles from Cancun. The Laguna de Chacmochuc Preserve acts as a natural buffer between ourselves and the outside world. While the tension and challenges of the outside world are easy to leave at the secure gates of our community, necessities and conveniences are never far away. Excellent shopping, world class medical care, transport links, and professional services are never far away.
La Amada is a double gated property. An outer security gate controls access to the entire community. A second residents’ security gate ensures that only homeowners and their guests are able to access the La Amada Residence buildings and their amenities.
Both of these gates are actively guarded 24 hours per day, every day.
Guests receive complimentary access to all homeowner amenities including beach club, tennis courts, gym.
La Amada provides a semi-private beach.
Yacht moorage s available.
BEACH - The Playa Mujeres community enjoys 3.2km of immaculately maintained white sand Caribbean beach, including 1.2km of beachfront dedicated to the residences.
If you enjoy a good walk on the beach or you are feeling adventurous, it is possible to find your own empty stretch of beach by continue further north along the beach for nearly 10km (6 miles).
LA AMADA GOLF - This par 72 course stretches from the Chamotoc Nature preserve to the Caribbean Sea, offering over 7200 playable yards (USGA ratings 74.5 men’s 69.5 ladies’).
The course design incorporates the area’s natural water features and vegetation. Native plant species were carefully preserved as the course was built, with the highest standards of environmental management. The result is an engaging course in pristine natural surroundings.
Facilities include a driving range, short game area, and putting greens.
MARINA - The La Amada Marina is one of the best ports of call on Mexico’s Caribbean coast, offering deep water slips to the world’s largest private yachts, as well as moorage to sailboats and power cruisers. A 100 ton Travel Lift, fuel dock, and mechanical services are available.
NATURE PRESERVE - Nearly 2000 hectares of preserved mangrove wetlands surround the lagoon, providing a home for many native plant and bird species. This preserve is a beautiful backdrop for La Amada, and a buffer between our community and further developments.
*Please note that the photos included herein are representative of the type of unit you are reserving at La Amanda and not the actual unit you may be staying in. Interiors, views, layout and decor will vary by unit.
Property Details THIRDHOME Affiliate
Condo with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 4150 square feet
King, Queen, and 2x Twin
6 guests maximum
Cancun International Airport
15 minute drive
Ocean and Marina Views
$100 Resort fee payable to concierge at end of stay,
Optional amenities with fees:
Golf Course access.
Personal Chef service. (limited availabilty)
Activities of Interest
- Captain Hook Pirate Ship Dinner and Show on board an 18th Century Spanish Galleon replicas, dinner & show.
- Snorkel by coral reefs or swim with dolphins. Playa Garrafón is excellent snorkeling!
- Whale Shark Encounter Full-Day Tours. Glide alongside whale sharks and then soak up the sun on this guided day trip from Cancun.
- Chichen Itza, a World Heritage site, was voted one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. It is one of the most visited archeological sites in Mexico.
- Coba, an ancient Mayan city, east of Chichen Itza, located deep in the tropical jungle and rising up between two lagoons with the tallest pyramid in the Yucatan
Places of Interest
- Tulum is an ancient fortress city with breathless views of the sea. Tulum’s collection of ruins includes El Castillo, a castle perched on the edge of a limestone cliff. The Temple of the Frescoes is another must-see of this seaport city
- Punta Sur. At the island's southernmost point you’ll find a lighthouse, a sculpture garden and the worn remains of a temple dedicated to Ixchel, Maya goddess of the moon and fertility.
- Museo Capitán Dulché. The beach club entry fee includes drinks and access to a small maritime museum detailing the island's naval history.
- Hacienda Mundaca. Ruins in Isla Mujeres. of the 19th-century slave trader and reputed pirate, Fermín Antonio Mundaca de Marechaja.
- Isla Mujeres Turtle Farm. The farm provides refuge for loggerhead, hawksbill and green turtles ranging in weight from 150g to more than 300kg. It also has a small but interesting aquarium, displays on marine life and a pen that holds large nurse sharks.
- Isla Mujeres Trimaran Cruise. Enjoy the views as you cruise along, stopping at a coral reef along the way for an hour of snorkeling.
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- Gated Community
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- Workout Facility