The View Canterbury
Elham, Canterbury, Kent, United Kingdom
The View Canterbury
'The View Canterbury' is a big and beautiful five-bedroom house set in a rural location in an 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' - the picturesque Elham Valley. This 3400 square foot home is the perfect escape for families and friends, and also accessible for wheelchairs users.
The home is spread over two levels and features five bedrooms, each decorated with classy and elegant taste. It has an indoor pool, sauna, outdoor hot tub and breath-taking views in a rural location, but sits close enough to village facilities and even the lovely city of Canterbury.
This incredible house has a wonderful open plan living space, comprised of a spacious sitting room with two massive sofas and two bean bag style chairs for extra comfort. On cold nights, gather around the amazing, ceramic Danish wood-burning fireplace and enjoy a casual movie night on the 55-inch television. Gorgeous light fixtures hang from the ceilings, throwing glittering light around the room, and floor-to-ceiling windows offer panoramic views of the Elham Valley.
The living room flows into the dining area, which offers a lovely dining table that has plenty of seating. Adjacent to the dining area is a brand new kitchen with two fridge freezers, a dishwasher, a six-burner gas hob, two double electric ovens, a double sink, and a kettle tap. The countertops are made of lovely ‘leathered’ granite and the kitchen is very well equipped. Turn on the Sonos sound system and enjoy some tunes while you cook!
On the ground floor, you'll find two super-king bedrooms, which both offer king-sized beds that can be split into two twin beds if necessary. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with a lovely shower and offers panoramic vistas over the breathtaking countryside. Another cozy bedroom shares the en-suite bathroom and offers a double bed.
Head up to the first floor, and you'll find another super-king bedroom, featuring another en-suite bathroom. The next room on this level has a super king-sized bed that can be split into two twins if necessary. Both rooms are framed by expansive windows on both sides and offer fabulous views.
The indoor swimming pool is situated at the end of the corridor of the ground floor. The pool has French doors leading to a gorgeous sun terrace, equipped with plenty of seating and sun beds.
The house is nestled into the hillside and offers spectacular views from the majority of its windows. There is a patio area immediately outside the kitchen/dining area with a very private seating area and a charcoal grill, perfect for a casual barbecue. Leading up from this area is a hot tub and a separate building set up as a game room with table tennis and football table.
You will love this stunning, contemporary country property with an alpine feel!
You can see more photos and video of "The View" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7th9TdFDBM&t=2s
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3400 square feet
King, King, King, King, and Full
12 guests maximum
London Gatwick Airport - LGW
1 hour and 20 minutes by car or 2 hours and 10 minutes by train
Exceptional valley view!
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Ballooning (50 minutes) - These hot air balloon flights in Kent are run by a local family, and offers everything from sunrise flights to romantic proposals.
- Brockhill Country Park in Saltwood (20 minutes) - This park was a former estate with landscaped gardens and offerings gorgeous views of a lake.
- Elmley National Nature Reserve (1 hour) - Vast wilderness, spectacular landscaping, soul stirring skies, and breathtaking wildlife provide a truly inspirational escape.
- Elham Valley Way (5 minutes) - This 21-mile promoted footpath passes over fields and through woods and villages, providing a wonderful encounter for long distance walkers.
- Eastwell Manor Restaurant in Ashford (35 minutes) - This gourmet destination offers mouth-watering seasonal menus that focus on traditional English dishes tempered with a twist of modern European flavors.
Places of Interest
- St Mary The Virgin (5 minutes) - This church in Dover oozes with history and a calm meditative atmosphere.
- The Kent Battle of Britain Museum (10 minutes) - Located on ta former World War II airfield, this amazing museum is privately operated and is the oldest museum dedicated to the Battle of Britain.
- St Leonard’s Church in Hythe (20 minutes) - This church has the largest and best-preserved collection of ancient human bones and skulls in Britain.
- Silver Screen Cinema in Folkestone (20 minutes) - This is a lovely little gem, bringing back all the grandeur and sense of occasion and community of going to the pictures for a nice night out.
a wonderful home in a beautiful area ideal for relaxing many pleasant walks in a green nature”
You May Also be Interested In
- 40"+ TV
- Covered Parking
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Indoor Pool
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo