Rustic Countryside Home and Guest Cottage
Milan, New York
Rustic Countryside Home and Guest Cottage
Prepare yourself for a week of pastoral beauty and rusticity at this gorgeous home, nestled on 5700 square feet in the rolling scenery of rural New York. Offering a main home and a guest cottage, combining for six bedrooms in total, this home is perfect for travelers looking to escape from the hustle of reality into a lush, countryside paradise.
The main house rests on 4500 square feet and offers a spacious, open floor plan, complete with lofty ceilings and containing the main living spaces. Plush, comfortable seating sits surrounding the rustic fireplace. Combined with the plethora of wooden finishes and art pieces showcasing natural scenes of beauty, this area comes together as a welcoming, warm place to spend peaceful nights with your friends and family. The kitchen is a state of the art, country kitchen, straight out of a master chef’s dream. An elongated wooden island serves as the centerpiece for this area, giving you more than enough room to whip up a hearty, home-cooked meal. Enjoy your masterpieces at the beautiful wooden dining table, with seating for eight. On cool nights, enjoy dinners outside, keeping warm with the help of built-in ceiling heaters above the table, and delight in the scenic countryside.
The main house offers four bedrooms for you and your guests to choose from. The wonderful master bedroom offers a double height ceiling and holds a plush, king-sized bed and a private fireplace. The master bath is pristine, offering a double vanity and a stand-alone soaking tub. The next two bedrooms are perfect for the kids, each containing a separate sitting area and three built-in twin bunk beds. The last bedroom in the main house is a junior master, with a queen-sized bed and a full attached bathroom.
The cozy guest cottage at this beautiful property offers even more countrified luxury for you to enjoy. Sitting on 1200 square feet, this space offers an intimate living area, complete with a charming common room, dining area, and kitchenette with a refrigerator, microwave, and sink. There are two bedrooms, each offering a lavish, queen-sized bed, and one full bathroom.
With so must tranquil beauty surrounding you, be sure to take advantage of the outdoor opportunities this property provides you. The main house offers an incredible, blue-stone, wrap-around porch that offers striking views of the countryside, perfect for a casual night spend enjoying the sunset and a delicious drink. The gunite, black-bottom pool is saltwater and heated, ensuring you can use it for a refreshing dip no matter the season.
Milan offers a ton of historic and natural wonder to enjoy. Spend your days wandering through scenic nature trails and nearby parks, such as the Clinton Nature Trail or Poet’s Walk Park. Wine lovers will love the first-class wineries in the area, and foodies will be completely satisfied by the charming, local eats around your home. The historic waterfront district of Kingston Rondout and the Wilderstein Preservation will delight the history buffs in the group. With so much to explore and experience, you and your guests won’t be disappointed!
Spend the week reconnecting with yourself and nature at this spectacularly rustic property.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 6 baths, 5700 square feet
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, Bunk, and Bunk
14 guests maximum
Westchester County Airport (HPN), LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
1 hour and 20 minutes by car (HPN), 2 hours by car (LGA)
Beautiful views of the countryside!
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Clinton Nature Trail - This is a short, but gorgeous trail located next to town hall, and offering sweeping views of meadow, creeks, and so much more!
- Atlantic Kayak Tours - Paddle down the Hudson and discover the natural wonders that New York has to offer!
- Hudson Valley Food and Wine Fest - Uncork your senses and raise a glass of delicious local wine at this yearly festival!
- Hudson Valley Food Tours - This tour is great for foodies, offering an eclectic mix of tastings around the Farmer's Market and the village of Rhinebeck.
- Red Hook Golf Club - The Red Hook golf club has been recognized as a true test of a golfer's ability, with its lush landscape and challenging layout.
Places of Interest
- Kingston Rondout Historic Waterfront District - This charming waterfront neighborhood is packed with historic buildings, boutique shops and delicious restaurants.
- Poet's Walk Park - Stroll along the winding trails through lush greenery at this gorgeous park!
- Rhinebeck Farmer's Market - With friendly vendors, delicious treats, and so many stalls to explore, you'll spend hours at this amazing market!
- Wilderstein Preservation - Learn all about the history of this spectacular, 18th century estate.
- Le Petit Bistro - At this charming French bistro, anything from at the bar to a romantic dinner for two will be impeccably prepared and served!
Wow. Just wow. This home is newly built and no expense has been spared. "Rustic" is being modest...substitute the word "Luxurious" in the description, and that doesn't begin to cover it. Stunning architecture. Top-end appliances, linens, furniture...well, top-end everything, really. And the home is perfectly situated/sited on the side of a hill with sweeping and unobstructed views of the mountains. Not another house in sight. During the day we swam in the stunning pool, and at night sat on the patio and watched spectacular lightning shows. And when the air begins to get a bit chilly, there are heaters (!) imbedded in the tongue-in-groove ceiling of the patio, as well as a stone fireplace. It would be magical in the autumn. The photos don't even begin to do justice to this spectacular home. The taste level and details are so well-done. It is sensational. Thanks so much for sharing. We would love to return. ”
We had a wonderful week at this beautiful home near Rhinebeck, NY. The house itself is huge, brand new, and tastefully decorated, with high end finishes. It is in a totally private location on a large tract of land with scenic views of the surrounding hills and a swimming pool. It is less than 20 minutes to Rhinebeck, where there are great restaurants and a quaint town center. Lots of history within an hour of here, including West Point and FDR's House at Hyde Park. The owner was very helpful as well. Highly recommended! ”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo