This lovely 1550 square foot, a two-bedroom maisonette is in one of Chelsea’s most sort after locations and leads into Cheyne Walk where famous politicians, artists, philosophers, musicians, and dancers have lived. Even though this is a lively area and within walking distance of many of London’s iconic sights, you will return to the peace and quiet of a very residential enclave where residents, such as Ingrid Bergman in her day at number 9, came home to relax.
This two bedroom, the two-bathroom apartment is beautifully furnished with a mixture of classic antiques and modern furniture giving it a unique vibe.
The apartment is entered through the original front door on the raised ground floor of what was a substantial 5-story house built in 1888. It retains many original features including high ceilings with ornate decoration.
The upper ground floor has the original drawing room, master bedroom, shower room and dressing room with a Juliet balcony overlooking the garden.
On the lower ground floor you will find another lovely double bedroom with windows looking up to the garden, a shower room with a large power shower, fully fitted kitchen and a spacious dining hall with French doors leading directly up to the charming small garden - perfect for al fresco breakfasts or evening BBQ's on warm, balmy days.
Experience London as a local from the charm and comfort of this beautifully presented apartment, as Cheyne Gardens is conveniently situated 3 minutes walk from the iconic Kings Road, with its great restaurant's, designer shops and the famous Saatchi Gallery if you fancy a bit of culture after lunch.
Battersea Park with its lovely walks, mini lakes, tennis courts, cycle paths and restaurants is also only 5 minutes walk away perfect for a relaxing morning or evening stroll. Or have lunch at the wonderful Chelsea Physic Gardens around the corner from the apartment. This is is also a great place to be based for Wimbledon or Queens tennis tournaments, the London Festival and Fashion Week.
Come enjoy your week in London in style!
Condo with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1550 square feet, 144 square meters
Queen and Queen
4 guests maximum
Heathrow Airport - LHR
15 minutes by train, 20 minutes by car, or 1 hour by tube and taxi
Lovely garden and street views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- The Royal Court -This writer's theatre is a leading force in world theatre for cultivating writers – undiscovered, emerging and established.
- Cadogan Hall - Come see world class music concerts at this splendid venue.
- Saatchi Gallery - Enjoy viewing inspiring, contemporary art.
- Chelsea Physic Garden - This is London's oldest botanic garden. This is a calm oasis in the middle of London, with rare plants, glasshouses and rock gardens to be discovered.
- Portobello Road in Notting Hill - Here you can find antiques, fashion, fresh and cooked food and many more interesting things.
- Queens and Wimbledon Tennis Tournaments - If you're in town for either event, enjoy world-class tennis matches.
Places of Interest
- King's Road Shops - King's Road is one of London most affluent and fashionable neighbourhoods full of an amazing boutiques, designer shops restaurants and coffee bars.
- Lots Road - Lots Road is home to a whole host of top-end antiques dealers and auction houses. You can find some real gems there.
- Chelsea Football Club - Tickets to see the team play can be hard to come by, but the stadium is open to tours, where you can see the changing rooms, the pitch and the well-stocked trophy cabinet.
- Electric Cinema in Notting Hill - This is one of London’s oldest cinemas and definitely the most romantic. You can enjoy luxurious leather armchairs, footstools, lush cashmere blankets and waiter service delivering cocktails to your chair.
- Buckingham Palace - The home of the royal family is just a short, ten-minute car ride away!
I can't say enough about this great neighborhood, the apartment, and our hosts. Kate provided wonderful information about London prior to our visit, provided lovely food and snacks upon arrival, and a bottle of champagne. Thank you Kate and Malcolm for opening up your home to us! It was a wonderful London experience! Colleen, Jeff and Madison ”
Our stay in London was spectacular! Kate, the owner was wonderful and gave us tremendous information about the area. Kate, the porter was very helpful as well. Thank you for making our visit to London so special. ”
Thank you for making our stay so comfortable. We loved your decor, scents and warm atmosphere. A proper home in prime London that you cannot go wrong with!”