Travel back in time with a stay at this historic, 18th-century four-bedroom home. This sensational property retains the celebrated, traditional charms of Spanish architecture while offering updated and modern amenities to ensure you and your guests are as comfortable as possible. With 2000 square feet of living space and offering wonderful proximity to the traditional Spanish village of Villaviciosa, prepare yourself for a rustic escape like no other.
This property boasts a main home, as well as a private chapel and authentic granary. Each building is constructed from stone, accentuating the rusticity of the landscape, but when you enter into the spacious living room, you’ll find stylish and modern furnishings, beautifully situated in a rural setting. Comfortable seating is situated around a lovely fireplace, ensuring you keep warm when the nights get a bit cooler. Authentic artwork is prevalent throughout, including historic statues and pastoral paintings hanging on the walls.
The kitchen is perfectly suited to quiet nights at home spent creating delicious masterpieces to enjoy with your guests as you sip on a glass of Spanish wine. A lovely, wooden dining table offers seating enough for the entire party. You’ll love the pastoral atmosphere as you enjoy your dinner by the soft glow of candlelight, reveling in the serenity of the Spanish countryside.
At the end of a day spent strolling through the streets of the seaside, pastoral town, drift off to sleep in one of four lovely bedrooms, each with its own bathroom ensuring complete privacy. On the lower floor, you'll find the first bedroom which offers a sofa bed which can comfortably sleep two. On the upper floor, you’ll find three bedrooms, two with plush, king-sized beds, and one with four twin beds for extra sleeping space. The last bedroom is perfect for children, with two trundle beds.
Villaviciosa, known as the heart of Asturias, is cherished by visitors and locals alike due to its natural splendor, landscapes, and attractive beaches. As you stroll through town, you’ll come across the village’s extraordinary heritage, full of examples of Roman culture and history. Visit the market, where you can purchase delicious shrimp, fish, and meat, all local to the region. If you’re looking for natural adventure and spectacle, this property offers a canoe that you can paddle along the still waters of the Villaviciosa River. Rodiles Beach is one of the top beaches for surfing on the northern coast of Spain, and also offers a stunning spot to enjoy magnificent views of the water.
A rustic getaway beyond your wildest dreams awaits! Escape back in time and enjoy the authentic and natural beauty of northern Spain.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2000 square feet
King, King, Other, and Other
9 guests maximum
Asturias Airport - OVD
55 minutes by car
Views of the Ria de Villaviciosa, Chapel of San Gabriel, and an 18th-century grain house!
Daily cleaning can be provided at an additional charge. Details to be coordinated directly with the host member.
Activities of Interest
- El Gaitero - Tour this local winery, and enjoy sipping on stupendous, Spanish blends at the end.
- Jurassic Museum of Asturias (MUJA) - With multiple incredible exhibits, this dinosaur and fossil focused museum offers a comprehensive look at this history of the region.
- El Malain - Enjoy a family-friendly day of blueberry picking and enjoy the picturesque, rustic scenery of the farm.
Places of Interest
- Beach of Rodiles - This scenic beach is surrounded by a small forest, and has plenty of tables and benches for a delightful picnic on the beach.
- Tazones - This charming fishing village offers a chance to experience incredible architecture as well as scrumptious, fresh seafood dishes.
- Iglesia de San Salvador de Valdedios - This lovely church offers an up close look at pre-Roman architecture.
- Lastres - This unique port village offers a great opportunity to wander through the streets, finding fantastic sea views along the way.
- Delarce - Tucked away at the end of the street, this hidden gem offers a casual and laidback authentic atmosphere along with delicious food.
- Concierge Service
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Handicap Accessible
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer
- iPod Dock Stereo