Mount Diablo Cottage
Mount Diablo Cottage
Located on 1600 square feet behind a gated driveway, this charming two-bedroom guest cottage sits within the private enclave of Diablo Country Club. A wonderful couples retreat, enjoy stunning vistas of the famed Mount Diablo in the San Francisco East Bay, this home sits just 15 minutes from the delightful town of Danville, and is great for nature lovers who love endless hikes through stunning scenery.
Complete with its own private drive that’s separate from the rest of the estate, this cottage feels worlds away from reality. The décor boasts an appealing mixture of rustic components and pure California elegance, from the wood-paneled ceilings and grand stone fireplace to the upscale furnishings. The plush living room extends through a spacious archway into the chef-inspired kitchen, where you’ll find modern appliances along with a bright and airy dining nook, perfect for intimate meals at home.
Each of the bedrooms in the cottage exudes elegance and class, with dark, wooden finishes and superb bedding. The master has a king-sized bed and offers direct access to the outdoor patio – enjoy sipping on your coffee in the morning as you enjoy the mountain breeze! The second bedroom has an equally comfortable queen-sized bed.
During your stay, you’ll have access to the pool that comes with the main home. This will be yours to enjoy privately unless there is already a backyard event that may occur in the main house. Otherwise, enjoy swimming in the refreshingly cool waters and basking in the sun!
This beautiful cottage sits at the foot of wonderful hiking and biking trails, providing nature lovers with endless opportunities to marvel at the beauty of the world around them. Enjoy Saturday morning farmer’s markets in the quaint town of Danville, where you’ll also find great dining, bars, and boutique shopping. The home is only an hour away from San Francisco or Napa Valley, perfect for a day trip. If you don’t feel like going all the way to Napa, you can indulge in local wine tastings in the charming town of Livermore, just 30 minutes away. When it’s all said and done, enjoy a glass of wine as the sun goes down in the comfort of your own charming patio.
A life of leisure awaits you at this charming Mount Diablo cottage!
***Please note that while the pool is offered to you, the patio of the main home and that outdoor entertainment area is off-limits. The pool will be available for your private use unless there is an event in the main house that requires use of the pool. This will be a rare occurence, as the owners will plan accordingly with their deposits, but if you have any questions, please reach out to THIRDHOME.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Private Residence with 1 level
2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1600 square feet, 149 square meters
King and Queen
4 guests maximum
Oakland International Airport - OAK
45 minutes by car
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- All Outdoors California Whitewater Rafting - Take a thrilling, splash-filled ride down a rushing river!
- Diablo Country Club - For years, the Diablo Country Club has been a true test of golf, recognized as one of the most desirable courses to play in the bay area.
- Iron Horse Trail - This former railroad track has been converted into a lovely trail where you can walk, bike, or even horseback ride your way through lovely scenery.
- Extraordinary Tour Services - Take a customized tour through sweeping scenery of the Napa and Livermore Valley wine regions.
Places of Interest
- Mount Diablo State Park - Mount Diablo is surrounded by low rolling hills and broad, flat valleys, making for remarkable views from the top.
- Blackhawk Museum - This famous museum features historic and vintage cars in sprawling, contemporary digs.
- The Ruth Bancroft Garden - This lush garden offers more than 2000 unique cactus, succulents, and other lovely plant life to peruse.
- Farm Creek Brewing Company - This sensational craft brewery offers fresh, delicious brews!
We had a great time. The owner is very responsive and helpful.”
We had a wonderful time. Very serene and comfortable get close to various activities and action. The owner was extremely helpful. Love to stay here again.”
Such a beautiful home with wonderful amenities and outdoor views! Clean as a whistle and many comforts of home. I only wish the TVs were more user friendly! A perfect holiday retreat!”