The Roost - Big Canoe
The Roost – Big Canoe
The Roost is a 3,500 square foot rustic yet luxurious home located inside the award-winning community of Big Canoe. The gated mountain nature preserve offers resort amenities right in the North Georgia mountains. The four-bedroom home overlooks Lake Disharoon with easy access to the club.
The home features a rustic modern feel with high-end appointments while keeping the traditional mountain charm. The main level of The Roost offers the great room with stacked stone wood-burning fireplace, an oversized flat-screen TV, an open concept kitchen, vintage wood dining table, bar seating, a deck, and screened porch access, and the beautiful master suite with TV, full bath and deck access.
The terrace level features two luxurious Queen guest bedrooms, each with full baths. These bedrooms have access to the terrace den with a TV as well as bottom deck access. Make use of the terrace daybed twin sofa for that extra sleeper.
The top-level boasts the fourth bedroom with two Twins and a TV. The loft area also has two more Twins, both accessing the full bath with tub/shower combo.
Spend your days around the house grilling with lake and mountain views on the expansive upper deck. The deck offers a smoker grill and plenty of places to relax between the hammock and loungers. The lower deck has café lights streaming around the many lounge areas, including a floating day bed, hammock, and swing. This deck also has a ping-pong table and dining table for meals outside.
You are steps to Lake Disharoon, the beach, trails, and Big Canoe Club just off the bottom deck. The club offers guests access to golf, tennis, water activities, a Spa and Fitness Center, Swim Club, hiking trails, the beach, and the lake.
Enjoy free access for up to 8 people at the Big Canoe Swim Club, which offers a spa water swimming pool, swimming lake with white sand beach, canoes/paddle boats/yolo boards, and a rock water-slide all just steps away. Also, enjoy The Cafe at Disharoon overlooking the pool and lake to order your favorite sandwiches, tacos, salads, adult beverages, and ice creams in the summer months. More passes may be purchased at the Swim Club for $10 per day/person if you have more than 8 using the facilities.
Private Residence with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 3500 square feet, 326 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, and Queen
8 guests maximum
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
1 hour 30 minutes by car
View of Lake Disharoon and the Big Canoe Mountains
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Enjoy free access for up to 8 people at the Big Canoe Swim Club which offers spa water swimming pool, swimming lake with white sand beach, canoes/paddle boats/yolo boards and a rock water-slide all just steps away. Also enjoy The Cafe at Disharoon overlooking the pool and lake to order your favorite sandwiches, tacos, salads, adult beverages and ice creams in the summer months. More passes may be purchased at the Swim Club for $10 per day/person if you have more than 8 using the facilities.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Golf - 27 holes in the area on courses set against a stunning mountain backdrop makes for a beautiful and relaxing round of golf
- Festivals - Attend one of the many annual festivals in the area; Wildflower Festival of the Arts, Georgia Wine Country Festival, Ellijay's Georgia Apple Festival, Jasper's Georgia Marble Festival, and John C. Campbell Folk Art School Fall Festival
- McDaniel Meadows - Stroll through wildflower meadows linked by paved trails for walking, running, and biking
- The Spa at Big Canoe - Relax and unwind with a massage, hot stone treatment, or reflexology session
Places of Interest
- Amicalola Falls (20 minute drive)– The state park allows for beautiful hikes on a variety of trails in the area and the chance to see the stunning waterfall
- Gibbs Gardens (15 minute drive)- Features 225 acres of 16 separate gardens. The gardens were built into a mature forest in the rolling hills of the North Georgia mountains and feature the largest Japanese gardens in the United States
- Historic Dahlonega, Georgia (35 minute drive)- Home of the first US gold rush in 1828
- The Big Canoe Clubhouse at Lake Sconte (5 minute drive) - Three different restaurants to visit during your stay
- Big Canoe - More than 20 miles of trails that are abundant with diverse wildlife and fresh mountain air