Luxury Truckee - Northstar
Luxury Truckee – Northstar
Stay at this spacious 2,000 square foot, 4-bedroom, 3-bath cabin in Northstar, a premier Vail-owned ski resort, during your next Alpine getaway!
The home has an elegant, peaceful atmosphere featuring ‘California casual’ décor. The beautifully appointed living space makes the cabin a perfect mountain retreat. The unique layout features a reverse floor plan with three cozy and beautifully decorated bedrooms on the first floor.
One of two master bedrooms can be found on the first floor with a King-sized bed and private bathroom. The second and third bedroom work as guest rooms and both have two Twin-sized beds. All of the bedrooms feature plenty of natural light due to the large windows.
As you head upstairs, the second floor opens to an enormous living room with vaulted cedar ceilings and a wood burning fireplace. Two decks outside on this floor also make for great indoor/outdoor living. In addition to a second stunning King-sized master suite with a walk-in closet, there is a chef's kitchen which is fully equipped with top-of-the-line appliances.
After a memorable day of adventure, look forward to taking advantage of the numerous amenities available for guest use at the recreation center located just a 5-minute shuttle ride away. The recreating center includes a fabulous gym, three pools, three hot tubs, kiddie water play feature, an arcade, tennis and basketball courts, a lovely park for barbeques, and a business center. There is also a golf course situated right across the street.
If you prefer to hang around the house after a long day, you will love the built-in lounge seating on the front deck! Perfect for relaxing outdoors, afternoon cocktails, and reading books!
Spend the summer months hiking, mountain biking, or enjoying various water sports at the three alpine lakes surrounding the resort. Be sure to spend at least one day hanging out in the Village, where you can browse the quaint shops, dine at local eateries, and enjoy ice skating in the winter or rollerblading in the summer. During the winter months, grab your skis or snowboard and hit the nearby slopes, which are accessible via a quick 5-minute shuttle ride from the cabin. Lake Tahoe can be reached in about a 20-minute drive, downtown Truckee is about a 15-minute drive away, and pristine hiking trails surround the entire area.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2000 square feet, 186 square meters
King, King, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Reno International Airport (RNO) - 45 minutes by car
Truckee Tahoe Airport (TKF) - 15 minutes by car
Forest views and some golf views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Fifty Fifty Brewing Co - Try some of the favorites like Donner Party Porter or Eclipse barrel-aged imperial stout
- Relax in the Northstar Village - Enjoy live music, holiday festivities, and multiple fire pits to drink hot coco around.
- Emerald Bay State Park - Sheer granite cliffs and a jagged shoreline hem in glacier-carved Emerald Bay, a teardrop cove that will have you digging for your camera
- Heavenly Gondola - Soar to the top of the world as you ride this gondola, which sweeps you from Heavenly Village to some 2.4 miles up the mountain in just 12 minutes
- Freshie’s - From vegans to seafood-lovers, everybody should be able to find a favorite on the extensive menu at this Hawaiian fusion joint with sunset upper-deck views.
Places of Interest
- Vikingsholm Castle - Heiress Lora Knight's quirky mansion on the bay, Vikingsholm Castle is the focal point of Emerald Bay State Park, and a rare example of ancient Scandinavian-style architecture
- WinterWonderGrass Tahoe - Book early for this great little outdoor festival of bluegrass and acoustic roots music, the stage encircled by the snow and pines of Squaw Valley. It's a family-oriented event, with an ethos of sustainability.
- Donner Memorial State Park - At the eastern end of Donner Lake, this state-run park occupies one of the sites where the doomed Donner Party got trapped during the fateful winter of 1846.
- Inspiration Point - Swoon-worthy views of Emerald Bay, as the camera-wielding crowds testify.
- Tahoe National Forrest - With rivers, snow capped peaks and dense forests offer outstanding recreation year round.