Somerset, United Kingdom
The Dairy House is a beautiful detached stone cottage, offering four bedrooms and situated on 3230 square feet in the family-owned parkland of Dillington House. The home is surrounded by a tranquil garden, offering seclusion and serenity in the magnificent Somerset countryside.
This spectacular property beautifully combines a rustic framework with updated and contemporary amenities to create an idyllic getaway beyond your wildest dreams. In the stately sitting room, you’ll find a lovely antique stone fireplace and a wood-burning stove surrounded by bright blue sofas and outfitted with charming works of art and decorative touches that serve to brighten up the space. The Dairy House also offers a separate TV room, featuring a massive flat screen and an expansive sofa that offers plenty of seating for a casual movie night.
The sitting room effortlessly flows into the well-appointed kitchen and dining room, where you’ll find a spacious set up that’s ideal for whipping up delicious culinary creations. State of the art appliances, such as the electric ovens, will ensure that each masterpiece is cooked to perfection. The spacious center island offers smooth, wooden surfaces for extra preparation space, and just off the kitchen, you’ll find an enchanting conservatory where you can sip on a glass of wine and gaze out at the lush greenery of the gardens, featuring colorful flowerbeds and exotic trees. Once everything is served, settle in for dinner at the rustic wooden dining table.
The house features four superb bedrooms, each outfitted with crisp, clean linens and high-end bedding for your comfort. The master suite features a super king-sized wooden sleigh bed and features a pristine and spacious bathroom. Each of the other rooms can be arranged as super-king beds, or as two twin singles, depending on your preference.
This cottage is nestled in the heart of Somerset, offering access to all of the incredible nature that abounds in the area. During your stay, you can visit the Dillington House on the estate, and the home also features great proximity to Perry’s Cider Brewery and Temperley’s Cider Brewery, where you can sample some of the famous cider in the area. You’re just a short ways away from the village of Whitelackington, as well as the old market town of Ilminster, with its incredible history and architecture. As the day winds to a close, plenty of local pubs are close by, such as Barrington Boar, a wonderfully rustic establishment, or Lord Poulett Arms, a delicious gastro-pub in Hinton. With so much charming countryside to explore, you’ll never want to leave!
Spend your week in the English countryside in rustic style at this charming cottage at the Dillington House.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 3230 square feet
King, King, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Exeter International Airport (EXT), Bristol Airport (BRS)
40 minutes by car (EXT), 1 hour by car (BRS)
Activities of Interest
- Perry's Cider Brewery and Museum (10 minutes) - Located in a gorgeous, rustic location , enjoy learning the process and tasting delicious ciders at the end of your tour!
- South West Deer Rescue (20 minutes) - Set in several acres of of gorgeous countryside, this fantastic facility allows you to get up close and personal with these amazing animals.
- Chard Museum (20 minutes) - This cozy, local museum showcases exhibits about regional history and displays related to the lives of notable local residents.
- Axe Valley Wildlife Park (35 minutes) - This charming zoo is home to a variety of animals around the world ,and makes a great stop for family friendly fun!
- Axminster Heritage Museum (30 minutes) - This museum tells the story of Axminster's past, ranging from the Stone and Bronze Age to now!
Places of Interest
- Barrington Court (10 minutes) - Explore your way through this authentic Tudor manor, and enjoy the stupendous architecture and charming gardens.
- Forde Abbey House and Gardens (20 minutes) - Forde Abbey is a stunning example of history preserved, and offers spectacular gardens to peruse.
- F.east (8 minutes) - This absolute gem is tucked away in Ilminster, offering a charming and nutritious menu.
- Celandines (6 minutes) - With an ever changing menu, this lovely restaurant is able to serve seasonally fresh produce and prepare everything fresh onsite.
- 40"+ TV
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet