Somerset, United Kingdom
With a natural stone floor, ancient beams and a lovely thatched roof, this idyllic four-bedroom farmhouse retreat offers the simple sensibility of the countryside along with modern and luxurious touches and amenities. Nestled on 4600 square feet in the wonderfully rustic parkland of Dillington House, this home offers a stunning getaway for those looking to escape to the country.
The spacious sitting room of the farmhouse provides plush, bright blue sofas that sit nestled around a wood-burning stove that’s tucked away into a large, rustic stone fireplace. A massive flat screen television is nestled just next to the fireplace, creating a pleasant spot for a bit of evening television by the fire. Exposed, wooden beams run across the ceiling, and if you slide open the curtains, natural sunlight easily fills the entire space, accentuating the roomy capacity of the space. You’ll adore the antique and natural qualities of the furniture, helping to set the mood as you settle in with your guests for a glass of wine and quality conversation.
Despite its charming, rustic nature, the Farmhouse offers a state of the art and incredibly well-equipped kitchen, certain to make all of your culinary dreams come true! With two electric ovens, a large induction hob, and polished wooden surfaces upon which to work, this gourmet space makes whipping up a delicious creation easy. A charming breakfast bar sits just off the main counter, perfect for a spot of tea in the morning, and the wooden dining table offers plenty of seating for your guests. For a more casual meal, take your lunch in the sunshine at the outdoor dining setup, and make use of the charcoal grill found on the lawn.
The Farmhouse offers four comfortable bedrooms, each featuring an en-suite bathroom, along with sensational luxuries, such as 400 thread count cotton bedding, indulgent mattress toppers, and cozy bathrobes for your pleasure. The master bedroom offers a deluxe four-poster king-sized bed, beautifully designed with a rustic wooden frame. Inside the room, you’ll find a gorgeous wood-burning stove, as well as a roll top bath situated just next to the en-suite bathroom. Each of the other three bedrooms can be equipped with either a super king-sized bed or two twin beds, depending on your needs. In the second bedroom, you’ll also find a bunk bed which is great for extra sleeping for kids!
Atherstone Farmhouse has been part of the Dillington Estate since at least 1725 and surrounded by breathtaking fields and forests that are easily accessible on foot and bicycle through a myriad of local country lanes and footpaths. The area is a large producer of cider, so make sure you visit one of the incredible manufacturers in the area, such as Perry’s or Temperley’s cider distilleries. Dillington House is open to the public to go explore, as is Barrington House which offers lush and striking gardens to wander through. There are plenty of local pubs in the area, some within walking distance – such as Barrington Boar – and others a little farther away, but definitely worth the drive or bike ride. Ilminster is close by as well, offering countless shops and restaurants to peruse!
The tranquil getaway of your dreams is just around the corner! Spend the week in serenity at Atherstone Farmhouse.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4600 square feet, 428 square meters
King, King, King, and King
10 guests maximum
Exeter International Airport (EXT), Bristol Airport (BRS)
45 minutes by car (EXT), 1 hour by car (BRS)
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Perry's Cider Brewery and Museum (10 minutes) - Located in a gorgeous, rustic location , enjoy learning the process and tasting delicious ciders at the end of your tour!
- South West Deer Rescue (20 minutes) - Set in several acres of of gorgeous countryside, this fantastic facility allows you to get up close and personal with these amazing animals.
- Chard Museum (20 minutes) - This cozy, local museum showcases exhibits about regional history and displays related to the lives of notable local residents.
- Axe Valley Wildlife Park (35 minutes) - This charming zoo is home to a variety of animals around the world ,and makes a great stop for family friendly fun!
- Axminster Heritage Museum (30 minutes) - This museum tells the story of Axminster's past, ranging from the Stone and Bronze Age to now!
Places of Interest
- Barrington Court (7 minutes) - Explore your way through this authentic Tudor manor, and enjoy the stupendous architecture and charming gardens.
- Forde Abbey House and Gardens (20 minutes) - Forde Abbey is a stunning example of history preserved, and offers spectacular gardens to peruse.
- F.east (10 minutes) - This absolute gem is tucked away in Ilminster, offering a charming and nutritious menu.
- Celandines (6 minutes) - With an ever changing menu, this lovely restaurant is able to serve seasonally fresh produce and prepare everything fresh onsite.