Atherstone Farm Cottage
Atherstone Farm Cottage
Resting on 1850 square feet in the charming parkland of Dillington House, this stunning two-bedroom cottage is a beautiful and newly refurbished thatched cottage boasting lovingly restored interiors that make it a wonderful countryside escape.
With its smooth stone floor, exposed wooden beams and thatched room, this residence is the picture-perfect romantic country cottage. While retaining its rustic mystique, the home has been carefully updated with modern amenities and luxuries for your comfort. The home offers a spacious living area, with plenty of plush seating situated around a large, state of the art entertainment center. In the corner, you’ll find a charming wood-burning stove, perfect for spending a night by the roaring fire with a good book and a glass of wine.
The broad floor plan extends right into the dining and kitchen area, where you’ll find a gourmet space that’s well-equipped to achieve culinary mastery. The kitchen area is charming, with gleaming wooden countertops and an electric oven a hob to help you create delicious meals. As you cook, turn on the Bluetooth Soundbar in the living room for some music while you work, creating a lovely entertaining ambiance. When dinner is served, the wooden dining table offers plenty of seating for everyone, or head to the teak outdoor dining setup to enjoy your meal as the sun goes down.
In the cottage you’ll find two comfortable bedrooms, each boasting en-suite bathrooms and incredible amenities for you to enjoy, such as 400 thread count cotton bedding and indulgent, cozy robes to don after a relaxing soak in the tub. The master bedroom offers a lavish king-sized bed and a spacious bathroom with a roll top bath and walk-in shower. The second bedroom can be arranged with a super king-sized or two single beds depending on your needs.
The wonderfully rustic setting of the cottage will delight you more and more each and every day of your countryside getaway! Spend days exploring the vast expanse of countryside, strolling down winding trails through forests and fields, or head to a nearby distillery to taste the delicious ciders the area is famous for. The residence is located on Dillington House, which is open to the public, or you can wander through the expansive gardens at Barrington House close by. Plenty of local pubs are within walking distance to your residence, including the wonderful Barrington Boar, a great place for a drink or meal. The charming city of Ilminster is nearby as well, with plenty of local shops and eateries to try!
This charming abode is the perfect spot to spend your foray into the English countryside!
Private Residence with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1850 square feet, 172 square meters
King and 2x Twin
4 guests maximum
Exeter International Airport (EXT), Bristol Airport (BRS)
45 minutes by car (EXT), 1 hour by car (BRS)
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
Activities of Interest
- Perry's Cider Brewery and Museum (10 minutes) - Located in a gorgeous, rustic location , enjoy learning the process and tasting delicious ciders at the end of your tour!
- South West Deer Rescue (20 minutes) - Set in several acres of of gorgeous countryside, this fantastic facility allows you to get up close and personal with these amazing animals.
- Chard Museum (20 minutes) - This cozy, local museum showcases exhibits about regional history and displays related to the lives of notable local residents.
- Axe Valley Wildlife Park (35 minutes) - This charming zoo is home to a variety of animals around the world ,and makes a great stop for family friendly fun!
- Axminster Heritage Museum (30 minutes) - This museum tells the story of Axminster's past, ranging from the Stone and Bronze Age to now!
Places of Interest
- Barrington Court (8 minutes) - Explore your way through this authentic Tudor manor, and enjoy the stupendous architecture and charming gardens.
- Forde Abbey House and Gardens (20 minutes) - Forde Abbey is a stunning example of history preserved, and offers spectacular gardens to peruse.
- F.east (10 minutes) - This absolute gem is tucked away in Ilminster, offering a charming and nutritious menu.
- Celandines (6 minutes) - With an ever changing menu, this lovely restaurant is able to serve seasonally fresh produce and prepare everything fresh onsite.