Turtle Season Surfing Safari, Costa Rica
EXCLUSIVE STAY EXPERIENCE
CURATED EXCLUSIVE STAY EXPERIENCE
** SPECIAL NOTE **
This is a ThirdHome "Exclusive Stay Experience" showcasing the specific property listed below the annual event of Turtle Season, known locally in Costa Rica as "Arribada". An inclusion to this week-stay package is the ThirdHome Concierge Services that will oversee the special event tickets you might wish to include, along with enhancing your stay and making all the optional arrangements for the fun add-ons listed below in the Exclusive Stay experience. There is a $200.00 fee for 24-7 full concierge service and daily house cleaning. Gratuities are appreciated at the end of the stay.
*** EXCLUSIVE DATES for this Stay-Experience ***
SEP 1st -8th, 2018 (7 NIGHTS STAY)
* 7-Nights Accommodations at the Featured ThirdHome property -Casa Big Sur (property ID #02310) - https://exchange.thirdhome.com/properties/2310-escaleras-costa-rica-casa-big-sur-beach
* ARRIBADA of Turtles (Season: July-December) -
Arribada- Spanish term meaning arrival; a mass nesting behavior. An arribada is a unique nesting phenomenon common to both the Olive ridley and the Kemp's ridley sea turtle. The Olive ridley is endemic to the Pacific coasts of Mexico, Central America, and India. It is known to be a nocturnal nester. One of the lesser-known destinations for sea turtle nesting in Costa Rica is Hermosa Beach. The fine black sand of Hermosa Beach, south of Jaco on the Central Pacific coast, is located about a 1-hr drive from the Casa Big Sur. This is an extremely popular nesting ground for the Olive Ridley Sea Turtles. Nesting night tours can be arranged with a naturalist guide. About 45 days after incubation, the baby sea turtles that have survived begin to hatch and make a mad dash toward the ocean to avoid their predators.
* OPTIONAL ADD-ONs -
Choose a Live-Like-A-Local Experience or Adventure:
Rainforest tours, White Water Rafting, Rappelling, Waves & Caves Adventures, Snorkeling, Diving, Surfing and more...
Also - https://www.casabigsur.com/tours-activities/outdoor-activities
*** EXTEND YOUR STAY FURTHER INTO COSTA RICA ***
Utilizing THIRDHOME Travel & Conciege boutique properties outside of the exchange program, consider an extension to your stay in another region of Costa Rica!
- Tortuguero National Park Canals Safari (2 Nights)
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Adventure (2 Nights)
- Arenal Volcano & Canopy Rainforest Tour (2 Nights)
TO INQUIRE FOR MORE DETAILS & BEGIN PLANNING YOUR PERSONAL JOURNEY - please contact:
Liz Bates - Director of Travel & Concierge Services
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 6500 square feet
King, King, King, Queen, and Queen
10 guests maximum
Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ), or San Jose International Airport (SJC) 45 minutes by car from Quepos; 3 hours by car from San Jose
** PLEASE NOTE **
This tailored Exclusive Stay Experience requires the specific keys & ThirdHome exchange fee listed. There is a $200.00 fee for 24-7 full concierge service and daily house cleaning. Gratuities are appreciated at the end of the stay. ThirdHome Concierge assistance and expertise is automatically included in this experience package, there would be an additional cost for travel components such as roundtrip airfare, airport transfers, rental car; and any optional sightseeing tours, local experiences and special event tickets. These add-ons are on a full-paying basis by member for whatever options are chosen.
Activities of Interest
- Manual Antonio National Park - Here you'll find expansive white sand beaches, backed by evergreen forests that come right up to the shoreline.
- Bar Jolly Roger - If you have a hankering for chicken wings, Bar Jolly Roger offers 19 varieties, in addition to burgers, pizzas, cold beers and good margaritas
- Dominical town & Hermosa beach turtle watching
Places of Interest
- Ballena National Marine Park - Come visit a relatively untouched stretch of beach boasting amazing wildlife and gorgeous mangrove trees.
- Cano Island Biological Reserve - Explore the great biological diversity around Cano Island.
- Golfito Wildlife Refuge - A must see! You'll find yourself surrounded by the serene beauty of the wilderness around you.