Galle, Sri Lanka
Enjoy a unique experience at one of the luxurious Thalduwa Island Villas at Ahangama, near Galle. This river island haven is located on the Goviyapana River in the popular South coast of Sri Lanka, one mile from the area's top surfing beach. Villa Sisila, the 4,800 square foot, four-bedroom, colonial style villa, is offered to guests and is secluded from the other three villas on the property.
Villa Sisila is nestled in its own tropical garden with a large private swimming pool and a spacious pavilion for outdoor living and entertaining. There is open air dining and comfortable seating throughout the villa, perfect for sunbathing and relaxing around the pool.
On entering Villa Sisila, you will immediately be struck by the spacious and elegant living and verandah areas. The style is both classic and contemporary with the décor combining Sri Lankan artefacts with comfortable, modern furnishings. Colours are muted and peaceful throughout giving an air of calm serenity.
The villa is built around the swimming pool and comprises a living room, tv room, two double bedrooms and one twin bedded room, all with ensuite bathrooms, in the main building. There is a connecting door between one of the double bedrooms and the twin bedded room which is ideally suited to guests with young children.
The fourth double bedroom, The River Room, with ensuite bathroom, is set slightly apart, adding additional privacy. It has its own private verandah and sitting area looking onto the Goviyapana River.
Experience the sights and sounds of nature during your stay, whether you are paddle boarding at dawn or fishing at dusk on the beautiful river. Guests can witness myriad indigenous birds and animals as they relax and enjoy the peace and tranquility in this unique jungle setting. Other activities nearby include whale watching, bicycle tours or elephant safaris. There are also yoga classes and spa treatments available as well as surfing for beginners and experts on the local beaches.
Your visit to Thalduwa Island Villas will be one you will never forget and we are sure you will come away with a small piece of Sri Lanka in your heart.!
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 4800 square feet
Full, Full, Full, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB) 2 hours and 30 minutes by car
Mattala Rajapaksa International Airport (HRI) 2 hours and 30 minutes by car
Goviyapana River Views
There is a mandatory fee of $25 per day that includes butler and daily cleaning at Villa Sisila. The Chef will prepare and serve meals to order throughout the day at an extra cost per meal (a la carte menu)
Activities of Interest
- Weligama - A sandy village located 30km east of Galle is an ideal place for snorkeling and diving. There are tropical fish, coral reefs and fascinating ship wrecks to explore!
- Stilt Fishing - An ancient method of fishing viewed as an art which requires a lot of patience and endurance
- Bundala National Park - The bio diversity is immense, it is a paradise for variety of fish, vertebrates, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, butterflies and invertebrates
- Sinharaja Forest - The last remaining undisturbed rainforest in Sri Lanka
Places of Interest
- Unawatuna Beach - This relaxed beach is known as the nicest in Sri Lanka; clean, calm and warm! Snorkeling, surf and visit nearby bars and restaurants
- Galle Fort - Protected by dark, thick stone walls and the ocean, ancient monuments are located inside this historical complex
- Udawalawe National Park - The third most visited park in the country and home to water birds and Sri Lankan elephants
- Koggala Lake Safari - Enjoy a two hour boat ride passing islands where you can view cinnamon production, spice gardens and old temples
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- Gated Community
- Laundry Service
- Outdoor Pool
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Staffed Guard Gate
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet