Santa Lucia Preserve
Saint Lucia Preserve
Considered by Travel and Leisure to be one of the nation’s most treasured communities, the Saint Lucia Preserve sits on the last of Central California’s great Mexican land grants. Home to a stunning community, you’ll love your stay at this magnificent hacienda, boasting four bedrooms and 6200 square feet of living space. You’ll feel miles away from the rest of the world, but still be close to the charming coastal towns of Carmel-by-the-Sea and Monterrey. Spend your next luxury getaway reconnecting with nature at this sprawling property!
Constructed in a traditional Spanish style, the bright and airy layout of this home will capture your attention as soon as you step inside. Rustic, wooden beams run across the high vaulted ceilings, pairing nicely with large windows and ample amounts of natural light to create an expansive space to enjoy. You’ll relish in unparalleled amounts of luxury as you lounge on the plush leather sofa for a movie night, or as you sip on a glass of wine from the Carmel Valley next to roaring flames in the fireplace.
Gleaming hardwood floors extend from the living areas straight to an aspiring chef’s dream kitchen, centering on a massive center island that doubles as a bar. There’s plenty of space for multiple hands to help out in the kitchen, taking advantage of gourmet appliances and restaurant-quality cookware. When dinner is served, gather around the elongated dining room table, situated underneath a refined chandelier and offering enough seating for everyone. If the weather permits, you can dine alfresco on the stone patio or light up a fire in the fire pit as the sun goes down, taking in excellent views of the sunset over the sweeping landscape as you do.
This beautiful home is perfect for a couples’ retreat, surrounded by romantic countryside and offering four spacious bedrooms to choose from. The master offers a king-sized bed, complete with its own private fireplace and direct access to the deck. The three remaining bedrooms all offer equally comfortable queen-sized beds. Each bed is outfitted with high-quality linens and bedding, sure to soothe your senses as soon as you lay down.
Saint Lucia Preserve’s vast 20,000 acres are home to a lively community and magnificent array of natural scenery. It truly feels like you’re living on your own private natural park! You’re sheltered from the ocean fog by the surrounding mountains, allowing a pleasant year-round climate that allows you to enjoy a rich diversity of outdoor activities. The Preserve’s Tom Fazio-designed course will delight golfers of any skill level with its awe-inspiring landscape. The equestrian center offers you the chance to take lessons or go on leisurely trail rides throughout the Preserve. Hikers and bikers will enjoy over 100 miles of distinct trails that take you through all sorts of amazing terrains. In the summer, head to Moore’s Lake and enjoy boating and fishing.
The close-knit community of Saint Lucia Preserve offers amazing cultural events throughout the year, so make sure you catch one during your stay! Between the Spring Festival, the Preserve Wine Fest, and so much more, there’s never a dull moment. When you need a break, head to the Sport’s Center to enjoy lounging by the pool and soaking up the sun. If you’re looking to keep to a routine during your stay, check out the tennis courts or head to the state of the art work out center and movement studio, offering a variety of fitness classes.
Get in touch with the serenity of nature and find your inner-adventurer at Saint Lucia Preserve!
***Please note that due to the remote location of the home, only AT&T cell service is available. Other carriers may be difficult to receive complete service.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 6200 square feet, 576 square meters
King, King, Queen, and Queen
8 guests maximum
Monterey Regional Airport (MRY). San Jose International Airport (SJC)
40 minutes by car (MRY), 2 hours by car (SJC)
Oaktree and mountain views!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- The Preserve Golf Club (20 minute drive) - With a dramatic landscape of rolling hills and mammoth oaks, this amazing course will delight golfers of all abilities.
- Monterrey Bay Aquarium (25 minute drive) - Spend a day learning about the amazing aquatic wildlife at this world class aquarium.
- Preserve Equestrian Center (2 minute walk) - The preserve's own equestrian center offers everything from lessons to gentle trail rides.
- Wine Tastings - Discover the multitude of tasting rooms in the valley, such as Bernardus Winery and Cima Collina.
- Point Lobos State Natural Reserve (10 minute drive) - This scenic coastal area features a variety of sea animals and wildlife, hiking, diving, and a whaling museum.
Places of Interest
- Carmel Beach (15 minute drive) - With soft white sands and a pleasant surf, this beach is perfect for the relaxation you deserve!
- The Spa at Bernardus Lodge (15 minute drive) - Experience a treatment that will release all the tension and negative energy from your body.
- Carmel Plaza (10 minute drive) - This three level, open air shopping and dining destination is a must do for your itinerary!
- Rio Grill (10 minute drive) - A favorite among locals , this charming restaurants spices up its menu with delicious flavors and tastes!
- Cafe Rustica (15 minute drive) - Specializing in delicious Californian cuisine, this lovely eatery features a stone pizza oven and buzzing patio.
Peace & Quiet & Stars!
What a magnificent setting and home this property is! Some glitches on getting in the property and leaving the property--all gatehouse related. BIG CAUTION: DO NOT ARRIVE AT THIS PROPERTY AT NIGHT. IT IS A PITCH BLACK LONG WINDY ROAD (GORGEOUS DURING THE DAY). ALSO, THE ONLY CELL SERVICE THAT WORKS THERE IS ATT&T. We had no service there, many of house phones didn't work and internet in house was spotty. If you are looking for the Carmel experience this is not it. BUT, if you are looking for outstanding surroundings, the most beautiful stars ever, nature, views and peace & quiet, a beautiful home with lots of privacy....this is it. Great place for grandkids as well. ”