Portmeirion, United Kingdom
Historic Welsh Costal Retreat
Spend your next getaway living the life of royalty as a lord in your very own manor! This fabulous four-bedroom mansion resides on 2000 square feet in the gorgeous Welsh countryside, offering exceptional estuary views and an ideal location from which to explore!
Consisting of two spacious, linked rooms, the sitting room invites you in with warmth and familiarity. The main part of the sitting room offers plenty of plush seating in a space that’s surrounded by multitudes of books, creating a very cozy ambiance. Natural light streams in through the windows, which also allow for stunning views of Portmerion and Mount Snowdon. The rear section of the sitting area offers more comfortable seating and a desk should you choose to write ( a famous author once lived here).
The antique traditional elegance of the house continues on into the fitted kitchen, where you’ll find electric appliances that will ensure each meal is cooked to tasty perfection. When dinner is served, enjoy the gorgeous views from the dining room as you settle in for dinner at the rustic wooden dining table.
Each bedroom features an simple, traditional country house style of design, accentuating the elegant yet idyllic atmosphere of the home. The main bedroom is a double bedroom with king-size bed, the next two bedrooms both offer two single beds, and the final bedroom is a bunk room.
Outside, this pastoral property offers a charming garden for you to enjoy. This massive area surrounds the home, offering plenty of space to explore as well as access to the scenic estuary beyond. If you fancy a casual cookout, take the barbecue onto the shore and enjoy the alfresco dining set up.
Not far from the picturesque towns of Harlech and the world famous site of Portmeirion, this is the perfect home base for exploring the Snowdonia National Park Local town, Porthmadog is famous for its heritage railways, including the famous Ffestiniog Railway and its big brother the Welsh Highland Railway. Wales offers plenty of old castles to explore as well, including Harlech and Criccieth and Carnarvon, nestled in gorgeous coastal locations. Speaking of the coast, there are plenty of serene beaches for you to explore, like Black Rock Sands, Harlech Beach and Shell Island. As you travel further inland, unique adventures such as zip lining, mountain biking, the National Surf Centre and much more await you in Snowdonia.
Enjoy your stay at this elegant coastal retreat!
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2000 square feet
King, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, and Bunk
8 guests maximum
Activities of Interest
- Blaenau Ffestiniog (20 minutes) - Check out the zip lines, mountain bike tracks, and underground trampolines at .Blaenau Ffestiniog.
- Purple Moose Brewery (15 minutes) - This cozy, but excellent brewery offers interesting local beers to taste.
- Snowdonia Adventure Activities (15 minutes) - With adventures such as rock climbing, mountain biking, and more, you're sure to have the thrill of a lifetime!
- Porthmadog Maritime Museum (15 minutes) - This hidden gem offers personal stories, varied exhibits, and more to see about the incredible maritime history of the region.
- Adrenalin Addicts (10 minutes) - From mountain climbing to leisurely paddles through the countryside, this tour company has something for every taste!
- Portmerion Italianate Village
- Climb Snowdon or take the train to the summit
- World Heritage Site at Harlech castle
Places of Interest
- Portmeirion Village (10 minutes) - This beautiful coastal village offers charming cafes, galleries, and more to explore.
- Harlech Beach (15 minutes) - Look out over gorgeous natural sand dunes or enjoy a round of golf at the fabulous Royal St. David's course just off the beach.
- Harlech Castle (10 minutes) - Head to the top of this ancient castle for stunning views.
- Ffestiniog Railway (10 minutes) - Take a 13.5 mile scenic journey on one of the oldest trains in existence.
- Dylan's Restaurant, Criccieth - a fabulous eatery serving fresh local fish and seafood
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Handicap Accessible
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet