Little River, California
The Senses - Mendocino Coast Retreat
The Senses – Mendocino Coast Retreat
Boasting serenity, privacy, southern exposure and so much more, this magnificent two-bedroom, 1700 square feet home sits on 1.2 acres overlooking sensational views of the Pacific Ocean’s vast blue waters. With this unique build, you’re sure to experience the finer side of life in this beautiful home on the Mendocino Coast.
Exceptional architectural design draws guests to this impressive coastal home, with large windows that provide ample light and warmth. Massive interior support beams add structural innovation, and with light wooden fixtures and finishes, this home offers a charming rustic sensibility to offset the incredible modern design.
Lounge the day away on the plush sofa in the living room, or step through the sliding glass door to enjoy the spacious outdoor deck. The kitchen features updated appliances such as a gas-operated Viking cook stove, and after dinner, the deck is the perfect spot to enjoy the stunning colors of the sunset, glass of wine in hand!
Both of the sleek and pristine bedrooms feature high-end linens and bedding to comfort you. The master offers a plush, queen-sized bed and the second a twin-sized bed. The master bedroom is fully private, while the second bedroom can be found in an open-beam sleeping loft. Both feature a soothing, earthy décor, creating the perfect coastal retreat.
Your private and commodious deck overlooks striking vistas of coastal bluffs and rugged shoreline for miles around. You’ll love spending casual evenings here enjoying the beautiful scenery as you fire up the state of the art grill for a delicious barbecue, enjoying the sound of crashing waves in the distance.
The Mendocino Coast offers a plethora of idyllic, balmy sea villages for you to explore, along with plenty of natural splendor. The charming seaside town below your majestic home is filled with local boutique shops and plenty of delicious cafes and restaurants to enjoy. Little River offers a mellow, laidback beach vibe, where you can lazily enjoy the soft sand beaches and shimmering coastal views all day long. With multiple natural parks in the area, nature lovers and hikers will have plenty of adventure to entertain them as well!
This unique home on the Mendocino Coast offers the chance to experience quintessential California splendor!
Single Family Home with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1700 square feet
Queen and Twin
3 guests maximum
Sonoma County Airport (STS), San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
2 hours by car (STS), 3 hours and 15 minutes by car (SFO)
Views of the ocean, bluffs, and coastline!
Activities of Interest
- Kelley House Museum (6 minutes) - This museum has a mission to preserve the rich cultural heritage of the Mendocino Coast.
- Skunk Train Rides (30 minutes) - Enjoy a ride on the Skunk Train through stately California redwoods.
- Little River Golf Course (5 minutes) - This nine-hole coastal links features a serene ambiance and great views.
- Mendocino Art Center (7 minutes) - Enjoy the fresh, creative spirit of this wonderful local art center.
- Ross Ranch (40 minutes) - This privately owned estate offers horseback riding tours through redwood forest and down the dramatic Pacific Coast.
- Anderson Valley (45 minutes) - This award-winning wine region features 32 unique tasting rooms!
- Kayak Mendocino (5 minutes) - Take a guided sea cave tour or go kayaking on the ocean!
- Whale watching
Places of Interest
- Mendocino Headlands State Park (10 minutes) - This gorgeous state park surrounds the picturesque Mendocino Village with rugged, romantic natural splendor.
- Glass Beach (20 minutes) - Visit one of the most fascinating beaches in the world, filled with pebbles made from colorful pieces of glass.
- Point Cabrillo Light Station State Historic Park (10 minutes) - Enjoy sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean from this historic lighthouse.
- Mendocino Theatre Company (7 minutes) - Drawing on the talent of local artists, this lovely theater company offers amazing performances!
- Wild Fish (3 minutes) - Hands down one of the best restaurants in the area, Wild Fish offers stunning views and the freshest of seafood!
- Montgomery Woods State Reserve (1 hour) - These beautiful trails lead through giant redwood groves and fern forest.
- Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens (15 minutes) - idyllic cliff-top coastal prairie
- Spring Ranch (directly adjacent to the property!) - prime whale-watching territory
- 40"+ TV
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo