Castle Retreat and Cottage
Castle Retreat and Cottage
As soon as you roll up to the beautiful, green garden of this private four-bedroom paradise, you’ll know you’ve arrived in blissful wine country! The property rests on 2400 square feet, and features a main house and a cottage joined together by lush and green gardens and lovely outdoor living space.
Walk through the doors of the main house to find yourself in an inviting and open living area, featuring a charming dining area and gourmet kitchen. With a 50-inch flat screen situated over the gorgeous fireplace, the living room is the perfect place for gathering with your guests, extending easily into the kitchen and dining area, creating a lovely entertaining space. The kitchen is outfitted with a sleek center island that doubles as a breakfast bar, and the amazing appliances afforded to you are of restaurant quality.
Each of the three bedrooms in the main house is tastefully decorated with a rustic sense of classic wine country style. The master features a queen-sized bed and access to a gorgeous private bathroom, complete with a soaking tub and walk-in shower. The next bedroom has another queen-sized bed and the final bedroom has two twins.
Across from the main house, the pool house functions as its own separate living quarters. With a full kitchen and comfortable living area, this cozy home is just as beautifully decorated as the main house! There’s also a full bathroom and a bedroom with a queen-sized bed and twin-sized bunk bed.
Outside, you’ll find yourself lost in a gorgeous, green wonderland. Your backyard is full of finery, including multiple places to lounge and plenty of activity to be had. Take a leisurely, afternoon nap under an umbrella, or refresh your body in the inviting pool waters. The master chef will love the amazing outdoor kitchen, perfect for a casual poolside lunch. Let the kids play bocce ball, while you gather around the outdoor table and enjoy a glass of wine as the sun goes down.
Sonoma County is full of a range of incredible wineries to visit, as well as a plethora of natural beauty and many stops to explore with much in the way of fine dining, shopping and much more. The main plaza features a folksy, down to earth vibe, while still offering charming upscale boutiques and delicious cafes galore. You’re within driving distance to plenty of amazing wineries, art galleries, five-star restaurants, and more. Sonoma is a great start for your foray into wine country, just an hour away from San Francisco and close by to the rest of the valley.
For a rustic retreat full of serenity, make this stunning wine country home your next getaway destination!
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2400 square feet
Queen, Queen, 2x Twin, and Other
10 guests maximum
Sonoma County Airport (STS), San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
1 hour by car (STS), 1.5 hours by car (SFO)
Beautiful neighborhood views!
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Jacuzzi Family Vineyards (10 minutes) - Along with wine tastings and vineyard tours, Jacuzzi also offers house-made olive oils.
- Buena Vista Winery (5 minutes) - The rolling hills and rustic ambiance of this winery create a very French feel.
- Safari West (1 hour) - Experience an African-themed safari in the heart of wine country!
- Simraceway Performance Driving School (20 minutes) - Thrill seekers will love channeling their inner racecar driver!
- Green Music Center (35 minutes) - Enjoy a magnificent live performance!
Places of Interest
- Sonoma Plaza (5 minutes) - This plaza is lined with more and 100 shops, dozens of eateries, and more than 20 tasting rooms.
- Jack London State Historic Park (25 minutes) - Named for the famous author, this park features Jack's old home and a museum about his life.
- Sonoma Coast State Park (1 hour) - Extending for nearly 20 miles along the Pacific Coast, this park is all rugged coastline and sandy beaches.
- Russian River Brewing Company (45 minutes) - Take a break from the wines for a day and taste some award-winning brews!
- the girl & the fig (5 minutes) - This charming restaurant serves up inventive French fare in a rustic setting.
We loved our stay in Sonoma! Castle Retreat was the perfect home base. The house was so comfortable and the whimsical outdoor spaces were a treat. Loved the gardens and the hut tub was a welcome respite after a day of hiking or biking. Dave was very helpful with familiarizing us with the house. He also had great recommendations for restaurants and wine tours. Thank you Barbara for sharing your home! ”
Amazing property in a prime location
We had such an incredible time at this quaint cottage home in Sonoma's wine country. It is easy to walk to the downtown square of Sonoma from the house. The home's property, David, was a wealth of information on where to go, places to eat and boutique winers to visit. Barbara, the owner, couldn't have been nicer and more accommodating. The pool, bocci ball court and outdoor dining is fabulous. We highly recommend this place to anyone that wants to enjoy the heart of the California wine country.”
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Pool
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet