Tavistock, United Kingdom
The Horn Of Plenty Hotel (HS)
You are booking a standard double room (Bed and Breakfast) for two people through a collaboration with Hotel Swaps. Full Board options are available for an extra cost. Requests are welcome.
Located on the border of Devon and Cornwall, overlooking the famous Tamar Valley and out across the moor. The Horn of Plenty is a beautiful, independently owned 4-star Country House Hotel with a 2 AA Rosette restaurant for fine dining in Devon.
You'll feel right at home here; this luxury manor house hotel is full of charm. We offer peace and quiet, staff that go the extra mile, a welcoming vibe of quality, and above all, relaxation and comfort at our luxury hotel in Devon.
Begin your day refreshed after a tranquil night’s sleep. Enjoy a freshly cooked tasty breakfast whilst taking in the spectacular views whilst you plan your day. Devon isn’t just about the seaside; we have some of the most stunning countryside to explore with 2 National Parks and 5 designated areas of outstanding natural beauty.
The Horn of Plenty is an ideal touring base, with the historic market town of Tavistock and the wilds of Dartmoor just a 10 minute drive away. It’s only a short trip to many of the South West's historic National Trust houses and glorious gardens. With numerous nature trails, art galleries and exhibits from local craftspeople, you will find plenty to occupy your time before returning for a glorious afternoon tea on the patio. Alternatively, why not cosy up and enjoy a book in our library, or by the log fire in our drawing room?
Dogs are welcome in designated bedrooms, and in our library. They’ll love our 5 acres of gardens, and the 25km walks in the Tamar Valley below. They’ll also adore our complimentary “doggie dinner” on their first night at our dog friendly hotel in Devon.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
The exchange fee and Keys are only refundable in the event of cancelation by the Hotel. If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks please email: email@example.com
The booking is for a standard double room. The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Property Details THIRDHOME Affiliate
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet
0 guests maximum
Exeter International Airport
80 min by car
Activities of Interest
- Burrator Reservoir and Forest - 1,000 acres of paths and a forest road. Stunning scenery for walking, cycling or touring. (20 min)
- Princetown - Is a bleak spot at the centre of Dartmoor, best known for its gloomy prison, built for French prisoners of war in 1806-13. Princetown is now also the home of the first brewery to be opened on Dartmoor.
- Brentor Has a short but fairly steep walk to the summit, with stupendous views as a reward for your efforts. The skyline is dominated by the tower of the 800-year-old church of St Michael of the Rock, St Michael de Rupe. (10 min
Places of Interest
- Postbridge - Is a tiny hamlet in the middle of Dartmoor, noted for its medieval stone-slab bridge.
- Chagford - With its Tudor and Georgian buildings and 16th-century bridge over the River Teign, is a pleasant old stannary town set on the edge of Dartmoor.
- Dartmeet Where the east and west Dart meet is a famous beauty spot (somewhat crowded in high season).
- Concierge Service
- Covered Parking
- Handicap Accessible
- Pets (with Approval)
- Wireless Internet