Sandwich, United Kingdom
The Salutation Hotel (HS)
You are booking a standard room for two people through a collaboration with Hotel Swaps. Upgrades are available for an extra cost.
Located in the medieval town of Sandwich, ensconced within acres of award-winning gardens, The Salutation is at once a country retreat and a gateway to the vibrant and storied towns of the Kentish coast. Edwin Lutyens’ private-house masterpiece has been completely re-invigorated through successive restorations and now opens its doors as a luxury hotel, restaurant and gardens.
Stroll around our green paths and lose yourself in our herbaceous borders. Explore the area or never leave the grounds. Take Afternoon Tea on the terrace. Toast by the Drawing Room fire. Dine at the Chef’s Table. Wallow in Bed.
The rooms are located at Knightrider House, a beautiful example of Queen Anne architecture, saved by Lutyens from the earlier buildings on the site and incorporated into the gatehouse of the property we have today.
With gorgeous views over The Yellow Garden, Knightrider House is an adjunct to the Main House, from which it is separated by only a few yards. Peaceful and relaxed, characterful and quirky, it is one of the most beloved houses in Sandwich – a town already renowned for its beautiful historic architecture.
St George's and St Andrew's rooms have beautiful views of the yellow garden and are tastefully decorated country English style.
A Full English/Irish breakfast is available every morning.
Canterbury is 11.2 miles from The Salutation, while Calais is 31.1 miles away. London Southend Airport is 34.2 miles from the property.
PLEASE NOTE: This property is available to THIRDHOME members through a collaboration with HotelSwaps and, as such, each stay is governed by their Terms and Conditions which can be found here: https://hotelswaps.com/guest-terms-conditions-3rd-party.
The exchange fee and Keys are only refundable in the event of cancelation by the Hotel. If a Guest Member cancels their reservation, for any reason, there are no refunds available.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL DIRECTLY FOR THIRD HOME BOOKINGS. If you have any questions about this property and weeks please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The booking is for a standard double room. The room details and photos shown here are indicative of the property and not necessarily of the room that you will be staying in.
By booking this property you acknowledge that you are responsible for paying any potential local city and tourism taxes related to your stay at the time of check out.
Condo with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 0 square feet
2 guests maximum
London Southend Airport
1 hour by car
Activities of Interest
- The nearby towns & the channel ports plus the many golf courses, nature reserves, gardens and other attractions, all make Sandwich an ideal base to discover Kent, the Garden of England.
- Sandwich Town Tours with The Sandwich Local History Societywhite mill - Taking a tour is a great way to discover the town’s hidden gems and get the most out of your visit
- River Bus - the River Stour and can be alternative transport to Richborough Roman Fort. Wildlife & Seal trips all year round.
Places of Interest
- The larger towns of Canterbury, Deal, Dover and Thanet (Ramsgate, Broadstairs & Margate) and their shops and entertainments are within easy reach by road and rail.
- Guildhall As well as housing a museum the Guildhall itself, with it's ancient courtroom, is well worth a visit
- Guildhall Museum The displays include sea battles, Sandwich at war, Sandwich Haven, Roman times, Medieval times and later,Commerce,Crime,Refugees, Hospitals and Churches.
- Concierge Service
- Covered Parking
- Wireless Internet