Chateau De Vezins
Welcome to a world of history and modern delights. Chateau de Vezins is an 18th century Chateau equipped with 21st century pleasures! Designed for entertainment, the chateau is south facing with large windows giving each room a bright, warm and comfortable feel, overlooking the French gardens and pool area.
You will be guaranteed of a unique and memorable experience at Chateau Vezins. Walking into the chateau you immediately feel like you have been transported into an age gone by, an age where kings and queens entertained.
The town of Vezins is quaint and quiet - perfect for a family get away from the bustling city life. Days consist of croissants in the morning bought from the local Boulanger, tours of nearby chateaus, afternoon siesta's at the pool and lounging in the Jacuzzi. You'll have to constantly remind yourself that you are not staying in a replica chateau with all the modern amenities of a 5 star hotel, rather in an authentic home which has been restored with integrity to its original state.
This 3RD HOME allows for immersions into French culture and an opportunity to explore the great wine estates, cultural villages, and a side of France that is warm and proudly rich in heritage.
With 1000m2 of living space, 7+ reception rooms and 9 luxurious bedrooms, the chateau has been redecorated and furnished with period flair and taste. Chateau de Vezins is surrounded by over 7 acres of manicured private gardens with a 40ft heated swimming pool, 7 seater Jacuzzi, magnificent French gardens with fountains, Japanese gardens with pond, a 14th century moat, barbecue and outdoor dining in the conservatory.
The chateau has atmospheric lighting both indoor and outdoor with a surround sound system that augments the romantic atmosphere. Enjoy champagne in the Jacuzzi after dinner!
Chateau de Vezins is set in the heart of a Loire Valley village making it the perfect base to explore the famous vineyards, chateaux and even the Atlantic beaches.
On the ground floor all 7 main reception rooms open out on to the surrounding gardens. The reception rooms include: - The Grand Entry Hall has a double staircase and colonnades. - The Baron's Grand Dining Hall with huge fireplace.
- Louis XVI gilded sitting room, perfect for afternoon tea (or champagne). - Talleyrand's Office for those who need to stay in touch with the outside world (computer, wifi, copier & printer). - Pool/Snooker room, perfect for a game and a cognac. - Music Lounge, Napoleon style sitting room with gilded and painted wall decor and a baby grand piano. - Winter Lounge with plasma TV, comfortable seating and ceiling to wall paintings. - The kitchen has 2 pantry rooms and comes fully equipped with: microwave, 2x fridges, freezer, hob, grill/oven, washing and drying machines, dishwasher. - The medieval library. - The new cocktail room with fabulous whisky collection.
The 9 main bedrooms sleep up to 12 adults and 4 children. All the bedrooms are spacious and have brand new mattresses, bed linen and towels. Each has its own authentic decor and furniture. - Marie-Antoinette with double king poster bed, en suite child bedroom, double bathroom and 2 walk-in wardrobes.
- Imperatrice Josephine with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Marquise de Pompadour with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom. - Mme de Maintenon's with king-size 4-poster bed and en suite bathroom. - Diane de Poitier with 2 single beds.
- Dauphine's with a single bed, a child bed and a cot. En suite with Marie- Antoinette’s bathroom.
Outside this stone castle is set within the ancestral Barony's grounds that comprise 7 acres of lush gardens surrounded by an ancient moat. - 40ft heated pool with child area surrounded by palm trees. - Pool terrace fitted with designer sofas and deck chairs.
- 7 seater Jacuzzi overlooking the pool and the chateau. - Terrace by the dining room for aperitifs. - Conservatory with outside dining table and Webber barbecue. - Antique gazebo overlooking the French gardens. - 14th Century moat and stone bridge - French manicured gardens with water fountains, sculpted trees, roses and lavender bushes. - Japanese exotic plant garden with Koi fish pond, bridge and sculpted marble bench. - English park with magnolias, hortensias, rhododendrons and rare ancient trees, - Fruit orchard, - Tree house in the old oak hollow tree
Estate with 2 levels
9 bedrooms, 5 baths, 10764 square feet
King, King, 2x Full, 2x Full, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, Twin, Twin, and Twin
12 guests maximum
40 minutes by car
French gardens and pool area
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Chateau and vineyard tours
- Outdoor bicycles on site. (Lots of paths in the forest and by the lake)
- Yoga room
- Outdoor ping pong table
- Indoor pool table
Places of Interest
- Brissac: 20 min away: the tallest chateau in France, same family for over 500 years.
- Japanese Gardens / Parc Oriental in Maulevrier – the biggest in Europe! (13km away) – day walk or night walk
- Chateau Serrant: amazing furniture collection, Queen Elisabeth stayed there.
- Day trip to Saumur: small city on the Loire River, pedestrian streets, beautiful dominant chateau (but no furniture inside).
- Go for wine/bubbly tasting near Saumur in the small nearby town of St Hilaire St Laurent…to discover our local bubbly…the main street has plenty of producers, the biggest ones are Bouvais ladubay, Ackermann, Langlois.
- Beach: Pornic harbour and its wild beaches of St Marie, few restaurants on Pornic beach, Villa Noe has great seafood and sunset views, great little town to walk in/shop.
- Puy du fou – Fabulous, must go! Medieval shows & villages. Especially their evening shows with fireworks and 3000 people / horses, won best family show in the world!
- Dinner or lunch at Chateau Colbert (10 minute drive)
Nothing Short of Extraordinary
The property IS nothing short of extraordinary It would take a book to describe it . The owners and staff were very gracious and accommodating .My 25 year old son said it was the best trip of his life and he has taken a lot .We used this week for a family reunion of sorts and it couldn’t have been a better place. If you go make sure to take advantage of the private Chef. He prepared a 5 course fabulous gourmet dinner for 9 of us .We hope to return some day ”
I usually don't write reviews, but our stay at Chateau' de Vezins was nothing less than spectacular! We invited 3 other couples to join us, and the chateau' was so spacious, beautiful and well appointed that we had total privacy when we wanted, but were able to enjoy time together too! The owner, Gaelle, sent us all kinds of great things to do nearby...and we were able to do most of them! the Japanese Gardens were unbelievable...a must see. She also suggested Chef Sebastian...the owner of a nearby restaurant getting a Michelin Star...to prepare dinner for us one night at the chateau'. We did...and it was one of the highlights of our trip. He arrived at the chateau', prepared an unbelievable multi course dinner for us and served us in the gorgeous dining room. It was by far the best meal we had on our entire trip to France. Then, to top it all off, he totally cleaned the kitchen for us! I can't recommend the Chateau' enough...it was simply WONDERFUL!!! Roxanne Barnes and DR. Mark Windt ”
Loire Valley Gem!
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Chateau De Vezins. Our Chateau was charming and quirky as one would expect of a refurbished 18th Century old home. We marveled at the amount of work (and expense) involved in the ongoing renovation. It was amazing to look through the renovation album that tells the story of the dedication and tenacity of the owners! The weather was fantastic during our stay. Perfect for enjoying the incredible gardens, pool, spa and numerous outdoor lounging areas after wine tasting and touring the area. A highlight for us was touring and dining at the nearby Chateau Colbert. The adjacent Japanese Gardens were absolutely stunning! Thank you Fabrice and Gaelle! ”
We spent a terrific week at this magnificent Chateau. Gaelle was very helpful with pre-arrival information, and gave us a great suggestion for a nearby Cooking Class (which was a wonderful afternoon; I highly recommend it). The house and grounds were beautiful. The pool and hot tub provided the perfect remedy after a day of driving from Chateau to Chateau in the Loire. Fabrice was a wonderful help, and made us some delicious bread. Also the Patisserie across the street had delicious croissants and pain au chocolate. The Chateau was a perfect base to tour the Loire Valley. We had a great time, and I would love to return next year. Thanks Gaelle for a wonderful week!!!”
The Royal Life
Passing through the iron gates and down the private drive that leads to the Château de Vezins, we felt as if we were traveling back in time to an earlier century. The owners have done a wonderful job in their ongoing restoration of this historic château. The grounds are quite impressive, with acres of manicured gardens, a swimming pool and jacuzzi, an outdoor trampoline, and even a fun treehouse among the many trees on the property. There are also bikes available for the guests to ride. Inside the château, there are plenty of reminders of a bygone era, including countless antiques and some interesting mounted hunting trophies. There is an antique Bosendorfer piano that our musical family enjoyed very much, a pool table in another room, and also a children's' playroom that is full of toys. The guest rooms are comfortable, yet they retain their 18th century charm. There are parts of the château that are still being renovated, so the top two floors (out of four) are off limits. This residence will be even more impressive as the renovation continues. The caretaker Fabrice was quite helpful in showing us around the grounds, and getting the electricity back on! Families with young children should use EXTREME caution (there are low level upstairs windows, unstable stair railings, and there is no gate around the pool area) Within a couple of hours of Vezins are the famous châteaux of the Lore Valley, many of which we visited on our various excursions. We also visited the Atlantic Ocean port city of Pornic, within two hours to the west. Cholet is only 15 minutes away and has everything one might hope to find in the city (restaurants, shopping, hospital, etc.). The quiet town of Vezins is very small, although the boulangerie just outside of our gate came in handy, as did the pharmacy down the street. Whether exploring the many small villages and amazing châteaux throughout this region of France or enjoying the romantic atmosphere of our own private chateau, we had a wonderful experience at Le Château de Vezins. ”
great location and property to explore the Loire
This property was absolutely spectacular! The grounds were beautiful and staying here will make you feel as if you have woken into a vision from the past. The Chateau is filled with period furniture and the decor has carefully been chosen to restore the Chateau to days of old. With that being said, if you are accustomed to 5 star hotels with luxuriously appointed bathrooms be aware that this is not the case here. Very quirky bathrooms are added, with awkward design elements that are not in keeping with ones perception of an elegant hotel. Since this is a private home sure to bring your own grooming supplies as the are not provided. The kitchen is adequate, with an outdoor conservatory that is perfect for morning coffee. The candelabra lit dining room provided a charming space to spend long evenings with friends and family. The pool and the Jacuzzi situated in the middle of the elaborate peaceful gardens provide relaxation after days exploring the Loire Valley. The owners Mark and Gaelle were extremely hospitable and provided wonderful suggestions for outstanding day trips and restaurants. Their recommendations of a local guide made our explorations even more special. Keep in mind that local markets and restaurants are 15 minutes away and some may be closed on Sundays. The grounds keeper, Fabrice, was charming and attentive and was available to answer all of our questions. He bakes the most delicious bread that is not to be missed! We experienced one of most memorable travel adventures ever staying at this Chateau. Overall, very highly recommended...and blend of old and new”
Of course from looking at the pictures you would think that this would be an amazing place to stay and it was. But what they don't show is how welcome the owners and staff made us feel and how much love must be shared in this home. The grounds are just beyond words, the formal garden, the coy pond, the pool area were exquisite. ”
Beautiful in the Loire
We spent a wonderful week in September at the Chateau. It is situated in a wonderful area in the Loire and has great historical significance originating in the 12th Century. The renovation is clearly a labour of love. Gaelle, the owner and Fabrice the caretaker was most helpful in providing tips as to where to go, what to see. The Biozoo nearby was a particularly wonderful experience. For anyone who loves France and particularly its countryside this property is highly recommended.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- Concierge Service
- Gated Community
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet