Château De Vézins
Welcome to a world of history and modern delights. Chateau de Vezins is an 18th century Chateau equipped with 21st century pleasures! Designed for entertainment, the chateau is south facing with large windows giving each room a bright, warm and comfortable feel, overlooking the French gardens and pool area.
You will be guaranteed of a unique and memorable experience at Chateau Vezins. Walking into the chateau you immediately feel like you have been transported into an age gone by, an age where kings and queens entertained.
The town of Vezins is quaint and quiet - perfect for a family get away from the bustling city life. Days consist of croissants in the morning bought from the local Boulanger, tours of nearby chateaus, afternoon siesta's at the pool and lounging in the Jacuzzi. You'll have to constantly remind yourself that you are not staying in a replica chateau with all the modern amenities of a 5 star hotel, rather in an authentic home which has been restored with integrity to its original state.
This 3RD HOME allows for immersions into French culture and an opportunity to explore the great wine estates, cultural villages, and a side of France that is warm and proudly rich in heritage.
With 1000m2 of living space, 7+ reception rooms and 9 luxurious bedrooms, the chateau has been redecorated and furnished with period flair and taste. Chateau de Vezins is surrounded by over 7 acres of manicured private gardens with a 40ft heated swimming pool, 7 seater Jacuzzi, magnificent French gardens with fountains, Japanese gardens with pond, a 14th century moat, barbecue and outdoor dining in the conservatory.
The chateau has atmospheric lighting both indoor and outdoor with a surround sound system that augments the romantic atmosphere. Enjoy champagne in the Jacuzzi after dinner!
Chateau de Vezins is set in the heart of a Loire Valley village making it the perfect base to explore the famous vineyards, chateaux and even the Atlantic beaches.
On the ground floor all 7 main reception rooms open out on to the surrounding gardens. The reception rooms include: - The Grand Entry Hall has a double staircase and colonnades. - The Baron's Grand Dining Hall with huge fireplace.
- Louis XVI gilded sitting room, perfect for afternoon tea (or champagne). - Talleyrand's Office for those who need to stay in touch with the outside world (computer, wifi, copier & printer). - Pool/Snooker room, perfect for a game and a cognac. - Music Lounge, Napoleon style sitting room with gilded and painted wall decor and a baby grand piano. - Winter Lounge with plasma TV, comfortable seating and ceiling to wall paintings. - The kitchen has 2 pantry rooms and comes fully equipped with: microwave, 2x fridges, freezer, hob, grill/oven, washing and drying machines, dishwasher. - The medieval library. - The new cocktail room with fabulous whisky collection.
The 9 main bedrooms sleep up to 12 adults and 4 children. All the bedrooms are spacious and have brand new mattresses, bed linen and towels. Each has its own authentic decor and furniture. - Marie-Antoinette with double king poster bed, en suite child bedroom, double bathroom and 2 walk-in wardrobes.
- Imperatrice Josephine with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Marquise de Pompadour with king-size 4-poster bed, en suite bathroom. - Mme de Maintenon's with king-size 4-poster bed and en suite bathroom. - Diane de Poitier with 2 single beds.
- Dauphine's with a single bed, a child bed and a cot. En suite with Marie- Antoinette’s bathroom.
Outside this stone castle is set within the ancestral Barony's grounds that comprise 7 acres of lush gardens surrounded by an ancient moat. - 40ft heated pool with child area surrounded by palm trees. - Pool terrace fitted with designer sofas and deck chairs.
- 7 seater Jacuzzi overlooking the pool and the chateau. - Terrace by the dining room for aperitifs. - Conservatory with outside dining table and Webber barbecue. - Antique gazebo overlooking the French gardens. - 14th Century moat and stone bridge - French manicured gardens with water fountains, sculpted trees, roses and lavender bushes. - Japanese exotic plant garden with Koi fish pond, bridge and sculpted marble bench. - English park with magnolias, hortensias, rhododendrons and rare ancient trees, - Fruit orchard, - Tree house in the old oak hollow tree
Estate with 2 levels
9 bedrooms, 5 baths, 10764 square feet, 1001 square meters
King, King, Twin, Twin, Twin, 2x Full, 2x Full, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
12 guests maximum
40 minutes by car
French gardens and pool area
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Please note that an additional mandatory fee will be requested and directly paid to the Host, as following:
* $40 per night for any stay between April and September
* $185 per night for any stay between October and March
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Chateau and vineyard tours
- Outdoor bicycles on site. (Lots of paths in the forest and by the lake)
- Yoga room
- Outdoor ping pong table
- Indoor pool table
Places of Interest
- Brissac: 20 min away: the tallest chateau in France, same family for over 500 years.
- Japanese Gardens / Parc Oriental in Maulevrier – the biggest in Europe! (13km away) – day walk or night walk
- Chateau Serrant: amazing furniture collection, Queen Elisabeth stayed there.
- Day trip to Saumur: small city on the Loire River, pedestrian streets, beautiful dominant chateau (but no furniture inside).
- Go for wine/bubbly tasting near Saumur in the small nearby town of St Hilaire St Laurent…to discover our local bubbly…the main street has plenty of producers, the biggest ones are Bouvais ladubay, Ackermann, Langlois.
- Beach: Pornic harbour and its wild beaches of St Marie, few restaurants on Pornic beach, Villa Noe has great seafood and sunset views, great little town to walk in/shop.
- Puy du fou – Fabulous, must go! Medieval shows & villages. Especially their evening shows with fireworks and 3000 people / horses, won best family show in the world!
- Dinner or lunch at Chateau Colbert (10 minute drive)
Charming owners and friendly staff. Huge castle with independent rooms and salons decorated with taste so you feel like a king/queen during your stay. Lots of castles to visit around and emerge yourself in French history. Highly recommended. PhP”
Our stay at Chateau de Vezins was just great. The castle is enormous and comes with all the necessities you need to have a great holiday. On top of that there are many (cultural) things to do within an hour drive. The cook, Sebastian, who was recommended by the owners made our trip extraordinary. We would love to come back in the future. ”
We just returned from an incredible stay at Chateau De Vezins. The Chateau and grounds show even better when there than the photos. We used the Chateau as a friends and family getaway and it was perfect for our group of 11. The bedrooms and en suite bathrooms were all a bit different and each was spectacular in it's own way. Bathrooms were spacious and hot water plentiful! We made a concerted effort to thoroughly enjoy the whole house from the music room to the billiard room to very functional kitchen. Each experience was great. Our host recommended a private chef (Sebastian) who is highly regarded throughout the region and we were able to hire him for two evenings to prepare incredible dinners for our group. He is also a great person who helped throughout our stay not only with our menus but other suggestions on wine tasting in the region, lunches, etc. The weather was nice so we were also able to use the pool, spa and bicycles. The grounds make for beautiful walks and the exercise room was very well equipped and very sizeable. We would love to return in the future. Fabulous experience! Steve and Lari Kircher ”