Château De Vézins
Welcome to a world of history and modern delights. Château De Vézins is an 18th-century château equipped with 21st-century pleasures! Designed for entertainment, the Château is south facing with large windows giving each room a bright, warm, and comfortable feel, overlooking the French gardens and pool area.
You will be guaranteed a unique and memorable experience at Château De Vézins. Walking into the Château, you immediately feel like you have been transported into an age gone by, an age where kings and queens entertained.
The town of Vézins is quaint and quiet—perfect for a family getaway from the bustling city life. Days consist of croissants in the morning bought from the local Boulanger, tours of nearby châteaux, afternoon siestas at the pool, and lounging in the Jacuzzi. You'll have to constantly remind yourself that you are not staying in a replica château with all the modern amenities of a five-star hotel but rather in an authentic home that has been restored with integrity to its original state.
This 3RD HOME allows for immersions into French culture and an opportunity to explore the great wine estates, cultural villages, and a side of France that is warm and proudly rich in heritage.
With 1000m2 of living space, more than seven reception rooms, and nine luxurious bedrooms, the Château has been redecorated and furnished with period flair and taste. Château De Vézins is surrounded by over seven acres of manicured private gardens with a 40ft heated swimming pool, a seven-seater Jacuzzi, magnificent French gardens with fountains, Japanese gardens with a pond, a 14th-century moat, barbecue, and outdoor dining in the conservatory.
The Château has indoor and outdoor atmospheric lighting with a surround sound system that augments the romantic atmosphere. Enjoy champagne in the Jacuzzi after dinner!
Château De Vézins is set in the heart of a Loire Valley village, making it the perfect base to explore the famous vineyards, châteaux, and even the Atlantic beaches.
On the ground floor, all seven main reception rooms open out onto the surrounding gardens. The reception rooms include:
- The Grand Entry Hall has a double staircase and colonnades.
- The Baron's Grand Dining Hall with a huge fireplace.
- Louis XVI gilded sitting room, perfect for afternoon tea (or champagne). - Talleyrand's Office for those who need to stay in touch with the outside world (computer, Wi-Fi, copier & printer).
- Pool/Snooker room, perfect for a game and a cognac.
- Music Lounge, Napoleon style sitting room with gilded and painted wall decor and a baby grand piano.
- Winter Lounge with plasma TV, comfortable seating, and ceiling-to-wall paintings.
- The kitchen has two pantry rooms and comes fully equipped with: a microwave, 2x fridges, freezer, hob, grill/oven, washing and drying machines, and dishwasher.
- The medieval library.
- The new cocktail room with a fabulous whisky collection.
The nine main bedrooms sleep up to 12 adults and four children. All the bedrooms are spacious and have brand new mattresses, bed linen, and towels. Each has its own authentic decor and furniture.
- Marie-Antoinette with double king poster bed, en suite child bedroom, double bathroom, and two walk-in wardrobes.
- Imperatrice Josephine with king-size four-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Marquise de Pompadour with king-size four-poster bed, en suite bathroom.
- Mme de Maintenon's with king-size four-poster bed and en suite bathroom.
- Diane de Poitier with two single beds.
- Dauphine's with a single bed, a child bed, and a cot. En suite with Marie- Antoinette's bathroom.
Outside, this stone castle is set within the ancestral Barony's grounds, comprising seven acres of lush gardens surrounded by an ancient moat.
- 40ft heated pool with child area surrounded by palm trees.
- Pool terrace fitted with designer sofas and deck chairs.
- Seven-seater Jacuzzi overlooking the pool and the Château.
- Terrace by the dining room for aperitifs.
- Conservatory with outside dining table and Webber barbecue.
- Antique gazebo overlooking the French gardens.
- 14th-century moat and stone bridge
- French manicured gardens with water fountains, sculpted trees, roses, and lavender bushes.
- Japanese exotic plant garden with Koi fish pond, bridge, and sculpted marble bench.
- English park with magnolias, hortensias, rhododendrons, and rare ancient trees.
- Fruit orchard.
- Treehouse in the old oak hollow tree.
Estate with 2 levels
9 bedrooms, 5 baths, 10764 square feet, 1001 square meters
King, Queen, Queen, Queen, Full, 2x Full, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, and King + Twin
14 guests maximum
We have cots for babies
40 minutes by car
French gardens and pool area
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
Please note that an additional mandatory fee will be requested and directly paid to the Host, as following:
* $40 per night for any stay between April and September
* $185 per night for any stay between October and March
The Reserve tier within THIRDHOME is a collection of qualified higher-end homes. The required key values to book these homes and exchange fees are higher than other homes in the Club.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Chateau and vineyard tours
- Outdoor bicycles on site. (Lots of paths in the forest and by the lake)
- Yoga room
- Outdoor ping pong table
- Indoor pool table
Places of Interest
- Brissac: 20 min away: the tallest chateau in France, same family for over 500 years.
- Japanese Gardens / Parc Oriental in Maulevrier – the biggest in Europe! (13km away) – day walk or night walk
- Chateau Serrant: amazing furniture collection, Queen Elisabeth stayed there.
- Day trip to Saumur: small city on the Loire River, pedestrian streets, beautiful dominant chateau (but no furniture inside).
- Go for wine/bubbly tasting near Saumur in the small nearby town of St Hilaire St Laurent…to discover our local bubbly…the main street has plenty of producers, the biggest ones are Bouvais ladubay, Ackermann, Langlois.
- Beach: Pornic harbour and its wild beaches of St Marie, few restaurants on Pornic beach, Villa Noe has great seafood and sunset views, great little town to walk in/shop.
- Puy du fou – Fabulous, must go! Medieval shows & villages. Especially their evening shows with fireworks and 3000 people / horses, won best family show in the world!
- Dinner or lunch at Chateau Colbert (10 minute drive)
Adis F.December 2022
The Chateau de Vezins was the dream place I was hoping to be hosted while registering to third home. It became a reality thank you to both the host (Gaelle) and my personal advisor (Benjamin). Everything was fabulous. A winter holiday close to Christmas with friends and family. Even if I had reviewed the website the reality of this castle is/was beyond my expectations. Each part of the castle was so beautifully restored and decorated with great taste keeping history in mind yet offering all the modern comfort (a big functional kitchen, a sauna, a jacuzzi, a nice chimney, a piano, a yoga studio, and a lot more). Without a doubt a place I would recommend to anyone and wish to return soon to relive the magical experience of the Chateau de Vezins. Merci Merci Merci! ”
Philippe P.February 2022
Great Castle Experience
Charming owners and friendly staff. Huge castle with independent rooms and salons decorated with taste so you feel like a king/queen during your stay. Lots of castles to visit around and emerge yourself in French history. Highly recommended. PhP”
Cazijn L.October 2019
Our stay at Chateau de Vezins was just great. The castle is enormous and comes with all the necessities you need to have a great holiday. On top of that there are many (cultural) things to do within an hour drive. The cook, Sebastian, who was recommended by the owners made our trip extraordinary. We would love to come back in the future. ”