Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Windsor Place Tudor House
Windsor Place Tudor House
Completely renovated in 2018 and restored to its former glory, this stunning 2000 square foot. four-bedroom, six bath Tudor style residence is located right in the center of the quaint, historic town of Shrewsbury, Shropshire. There's no better spot for your next getaway to the UK!
When you first step inside the house, you will enter through the formal dining room with a table that has seating for up to ten people, Continue to the living room, vibrant with color and eclectic decor, and cozy right up to the fireplace for quiet nights at home, sipping a cup of tea while you delve into a favorite novel.
Make your way to the lower ground floor to find the kitchen and informal dining area, where you will find another table that seats six. Colorful patchwork chairs create a quirky, fun contrast against the sparkling white and neutral tones throughout the rest of the space. Catch up on current events in the morning by switching on the wall-mounted TV in the kitchen and watch the news while enjoying your morning coffee. Rainy day or just want to chill out at home after a day out sightseeing? Challenge your friends or family to a competitive game of foosball (table football) on the lower floor!
On the first floor, the master bedroom awaits you with a beautifully ornate wooden bed, large armoire, and ensuite bathroom. The second bedroom on this floor has a king-size four-poster bed, adjacent to a personal fireplace. A family bathroom can also be found on this floor.
Ascend to the second floor to discover the third bedroom, with a king-size four-poster bed and ensuite bath, the fourth and final bedroom, which is fitted with two single beds (great for kids!), and another bathroom. Many guests have claimed these beds are the most comfortable they have ever slept in, so if your idea of the perfect luxurious holiday involves sleeping in every morning, this is the place for you!
Experience quintessential England in this idyllic town, charming and beautiful no matter the season, You will find an abundance of restaurants surrounding the house within walking distance, all different and delicious! Wander around town into churches, shops, museums, and pubs. The property is only a short walk to the River Severn, ideal for an afternoon stroll. Sabrina boat operates 45-minute leisure cruises for a unique way to see and learn about medieval Shrewsbury. Make reservations in advance for the Sunday Lunch Cruise to enjoy a peaceful afternoon on the river over a two-course lunch!
For a getaway to the English countryside that exudes serenity, this Tudor-style home is the only choice!
Single Family Home with 3 levels
4 bedrooms, 4 baths, 2000 square feet
King, King, King, and 2x Full
8 guests maximum
Liverpool John Lennon Airport - LPL
1.5 hours by car
The historic town of Shrewsbury
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Thai Serenity & Soul (5 minute walk) - Relax and be pampered at this luxurious spa.
- Shropshire Wine School (5 minute walk) - Learn about a variety of wines and indulge your tastebuds!
- Market Hall Shrewsbury (5 minute walk) - Enjoy a variety of local goods from the quaint vendors at this charming market.
- Shrewsbury Golf Club (15 minute drive) - Enjoy a relaxing round of golf and finish off your afternoon with a pie and a pint from the bar!
- The Shropshire Way (45 minute drive) - Embark on a. scenic walk and take in nearly 300 miles of Shropshire's finest countryside. Several sections even have geocaches hidden along the route if you're up for the search!
Places of Interest
- Chez Sophie (4 minute walk) - Indulge in every dessert you could want!
- Labyrinth brings Harry Potter to Shrewsbury (4 minute walk) - Find this little shop tucked away in historic Shrewsbury's own version of Diagon Alley.
- Cromwell's Inn (4 minute walk) - Enjoy the bar, restaurant, and beautiful gardens in a traditional English setting.
- Shrewsbury Castle (1 minute walk) - This red sandstone castle was originally built in 1070! It now houses special collections from the Shropshire Regimental Museum dating from the 18th Century to present day.
- Shrewsbury Abbey (10 minute walk) - Originally founded as a Benedictine Monastery in 1083, the part of the Abbey building that survived King Henry VIII's dissolution of monasteries continued as a Parish Church
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet