Padstow, United Kingdom
This charming, rustic retreat offers not only stunning, picturesque countryside views, but a historic build that dates all the way back to the 17th century. Featuring five bedrooms and 2500 square feet, this spacious and gorgeous property is wonderful for family gatherings and has plenty of secrets to uncover.
With two expansive living rooms to lounge and unwind in, you and your guests will have more than enough luxury living space. Both rooms pay homage to local designers, boasting exquisite finishes and soft, plush furniture. The first lounge offers white-washed walls, wood-beamed ceilings, and comfortable sofas styled with rich, earthy tones clustered around the splendid wood burner – perfect for chilly evenings filled with conversation and cool glasses of wine. The second living room is much more contemporary in design, much more suited to catching up on your favorite TV series or the latest film, with a bright and cheery ambiance that you’ll love.
Enter into the fabulous, country kitchen and feel comfortable and welcome – almost as if you just stepped into your own grandmother’s home! With Cornish flagstone flooring, Aga, cream cabinets, and smooth wooden work surfaces, this gourmet space is perfect for any kitchen connoisseur! The dining room sits just off the kitchen, well-appointed with a chunky, reclaimed dining table, stunning copper light, and plenty of wine coolers to keep the drinks flowing. There’s also plenty of space to eat outside in the lush garden overlooking views of Camel Estuary, where you’ll find a state of the art barbecue and swaying hammocks, perfect for a quick lie-down when you’re a bit too full!
Each of the five bedrooms features individual and distinct design, and is exceptionally comfortable with plush, Hypnos mattresses. All rooms feature stunning views of the garden. The lavish master features a king-sized bed and a spacious en-suite bathroom boasting absolute privacy. The next two bedrooms offer another king and full-sized bed respectively, while the other two can be made up with one full-sized bed or two twin beds each. One of these rooms even has a secret spiral staircase, adding to the history and intrigue of the home!
When you’re not basking in the sunshine during an afternoon nap in the flowering garden, this home features an awesome game room situated above the garage. Engage in a little friendly competition with a game of pool or table football (foosball), all while enjoying a delicious drink mixed at the cocktail bar.
This magnificent home is ideally located for exploring the north Cornish coastline! You can easily walk along the Camel Trail to plenty of towns, including Padstow, about a 25-minute walk away. Your home overlooks the Camel Estuary, designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offering plenty of pathways to explore by foot and bike. There are plenty of options for water sports nearby as well, with everything from water skiing to mackerel fishing available to you. Each town on the coast features its own unique atmosphere, brimming with shops, restaurants, and history galore!
For your next trip to the English countryside, consider this glorious Cornwall estate!
Are dogs allowed?
Yes, but they must sleep in the large Utility room in their own baskets, and are not allowed on the furniture or upstairs. We also ask that they are not left alone to bark for hours on end! The garden is dog-proofed, but of course it is at your own risk and we don't ever recommend leaving dogs unattended in a strange place. Please pick up dog waste and leave in poo bags, in the garden and also out on walks
How many cars can the house fit in
There is space for 5 cars in the drive way
Do you have internet?
Yes - but it's supplied via a copper wire from 2 miles up the road, so the speed is 1 - 3MB, usually nearer 1MB. As our nearest neighbour as the crow flies is North Carolina in the USA - we face out to the Atlantic - it can be temperamental - however 4G is brilliant there and can always be used from your phone if necessary.
2 of the 5 bedrooms have zip link beds which can be twin singles or one king - please let us know how you would like them made up.
Can we have more than 10 people?
10 is maximum occupancy without exception, except for babes in arms
Single Family Home with 2 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2500 square feet
King, King, Full, 2x Twin, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Cornwall Airport Newquay (NQY), Bristol Airport (BRS)
25 minutes by car (NQY), 2 hours and 40 minutes by car (BRS)
Superb creek and water views!
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Eden Project (40 minute drive) - Spend your day exploring the Rainforest and Mediterranean biomes!
- National Maritime Museum (1 hour and 10 minute drive) - This iconic museum is a great, family-friendly place to visit for the day.
- Charlestown Shipwreck Centre (40 minute drive) - Visit the largest collection of shipwreck artifacts on display in Europe.
- South West Coast Path - The longest national trail in Britain is filled with stunning coastal beauty for you to uncover.
- Surfing - Plenty of beaches in the area offer great waves for hanging ten!
Places of Interest
- Atlantic Brewery (20 minute drive) - Based in an 18th-century farmhouse, this brewery offers organic, vegetarian beers and cask ales.
- Camel Valley Vineyard (25 minute drive)- While there are many vineyards in the area, this beautiful haven is arguably the most famous.
- The Lizard (1.5 hour drive) - The most southern point on the UK's mainland offers plenty of natural beauty of explore and shops and restaurants to try.
- Porthleven (1 hour and 10 minute drive) - This picturesque fishing village is home to a great number of delicious restaurants.
- The Old Cellars (1.5 hour drive) - This lovely spot in the Lizard offers generous cream teas, fluffy scones, and a gorgeous coastal location.
Beautiful views at Tregonce Farm
We really enjoyed our stay, particularly the views from the garden and the walks into Padstow. Characterful cottage - great for a family group”
- Covered Parking
- Pets (with Approval)
- Wireless Internet