Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Grade 1 Listed Ann Street Georgian House
Grade 1 Listed Ann Street Georgian House
Surrounded by lush gardens and a leafy, tranquil setting, this magnificent five-bedroom home can be found in trendy Stockbridge, situated on 2700 square feet on one of the most desirable streets in Edinburgh! Just a short walk into town, you’ll be close to all of the action while still feeling like you’re a million miles away from it all in your private, elegant retreat.
Featuring a magnificent, traditional design, this four-story home has kept all of its original qualities from the Georgian age, including working shutters, ornate cornices, curved doors, and marble fireplaces. The flooring consists of stone flagged floors, 17th-century Dutch tiles, and original Georgian floorboards, allowing you to feel as if you’re stepping back in time. The main living room is painted a bright blue, inviting you to settle in next to the roaring fire with a classic novel.
While the home itself boasts tradition and authenticity, the kitchen is equipped with modern appliances to ensure you can enjoy many a home-cooked meal. The same vibrant, blue hue covers the cabinetry, and you’ll adore the colorfully tiled backsplash. The gorgeous gardens in the front and back of the home make an idyllic setting for alfresco dining. All the gardens were designed by international designer Anthony Paul.
A gorgeous staircase leads to some of the bedrooms, featuring original ironwork and a Victorian extension to the fourth floor. Each of the five bedrooms features exquisite design, mixing intricate, Georgian detailing with resort-quality bedding and linens. The bathrooms are all pristine, with the master bath offers a splendid soaking tub to relax you at the end of the day.
Your urban oasis is located just a quick stroll away from trendy Stockbridge, with its upmarket shops, bars, and restaurants. Edinburgh begs to be discovered, with its picturesque, medieval buildings and craggy, beautiful coastline. Plan trips to the Edinburgh Castle, the Georgian House, and more! Your quiet, cobbled street lies directly next to the lovely water of Leith, a beautiful river and path which you can stroll along for hours before heading out on the town!
For the perfect mix of countryside serenity and city excitement, this magnificent home is the only choice!
Please note: This property is not suited for children under the age of 12.
Single Family Home with 4 levels
5 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2700 square feet
Queen, Queen, Queen, Queen, and 2x Twin
10 guests maximum
Edinburgh Airport - EDI
25 minutes by car
Views of the tranquil gardens and cobblestones of Ann Street and all the way to the sea across the rooftops of Stockbridge to Leith.
Activities of Interest
- Prestonfield Golf Club (15 minute drive) - For a championship round of golf, head to this beautiful course.
- Scottish National and Portrait Gallery (15 minute walk) - You'll be amazed by this massive and stunning collections of portraits.
- Scottish Gallery of Modern Art (20 minute walk) - Explore your way through ample amounts of incredible modern art.
- Usher Hall (15 minute walk) - Catch a show at Scotland's premier live music venue.
- The Royal Mile (10 minute drive) - Experience the hustle and bustle of one of the busiest streets in the city!
Places of Interest
- Water of Leith (3 minute walk) - This tranquil walk starts at the end of Ann Street and concludes at the Scottish Gallery of Modern Art.
- The Sunday Market (5 minute walk) - Located in pretty Stockbridge, this market features artisan cafes and shops.
- Edinburgh Castle (20 minute walk) - This historic fortress is a great way to spend an afternoon!
- The Georgian House (10 minute walk) - This landmark feature a fine collections of painting and historic furniture.
- Timberyard (20 minute walk) - For Scottish/Nordic cooking at its best, try this delicious local restaurant.
Ann Street is the most stunning street in Edinburgh and to stay in one of these iconic architectural masterpieces was a real treat. Wonderfully, the house has not been overly modernised so retains much of original the architectural detail, such as a wonderful cast iron bath. This combined with old school pleasures like a large library of books, made it a great get-away from the modern world. The owners were very welcoming and helpful with lots of useful local tips on where to eat and what to see and Edinburgh itself has so so much to offer, that our group (young and old) had a brilliant stay. Thank you.”
- High Speed Internet
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet