Stow, United Kingdom
Scotland at its Finest - Torsonce Mansion House
Scotland at its Finest - Torsonce Mansion Home
Featuring stunning views of the Scottish countryside for miles around, this spectacular five-bedroom classic mansion is a Scottish home you won’t want to leave. Situated over 4250 square feet, and set in 65 acres of grounds, this amazing destination provides you with comfort, leisure, and luxury in a beautiful setting!
With its imposing exterior, the welcoming and warm nature of the interiors might surprise you. The drawing room is elegant and comfortably furnished, with large leather sofas around a marvelous fireplace and flat screen television, perfect for a night in with the family or friends. Floor-to-ceiling windows surround the space, allowing for natural light to flood the room, bringing the beauty of the outdoors in. Carefully chosen artwork and a relaxing armchair nestled in the bay window overlooking the walled gardens complete the soothing atmosphere, making the room particularly welcoming.
As you enter the dining room, you’ll be struck by the magnificent design, including the ten-foot glass table and uniquely crafted wooden chairs. The kitchen is immaculate, with a sparkling sheen of marble counter-tops and state of the art appliances, sure to delight the inner chef in everyone! An oak table sits off to the side, perfect for a steaming cup of coffee as you peruse the paper in the morning or a leisurely lunch.
Our housekeeper will welcome you and be on hand to assist. She will visit twice during the week and is available for additional tasks at a moderate cost.
With four expertly designed bedrooms, you’ll love each one of these spacious retreats. Drift off on top of luxurious sheets and soft bedding each night as the quiet of the Scottish countryside lull you to sleep. Each room features a king-sized bed and some offer the option to be split into two twins. In contrast to the traditional design of the bedrooms, each bathroom is strikingly modern, complete with all the amenities you’ll need during your stay.
The wonderful Scottish countryside is ripe for exploring at this home! Get fit on the tennis courts or play a game of croquet. Children will love the trampoline, and everyone will fall in love with the serene natural beauty of the summer house, boasting an elevated position in the stunning walled garden. Inside, enjoy cozying up to the log stove or sit on the balcony enjoying the amazing views.
With 65 acres of well-maintained grounds, on-site, you'll find a stunning walled garden, arboretum, and lovely kitchen garden. Woodland walks are a must, and you'll love relaxing surrounded by beauty and tranquility.
Scotland has amazing treasures for you to uncover, and this lovely home provides wonderful access to them. Spend your days exploring the woodlands nearby or head to Edinburgh, just an hour away by car or train where you can take in the sights of the city or enjoy the many arts festivals and activities. The rolling hills around you are layered with gorgeous wilderness and a rich history that you won’t be able to get enough of. Closer to home tour some of the famous castles nearby, or simply walk along the Gala Water or the river Tweed. Golf lovers will love the world-famous East Lothian courses, just an hour by car, and nature lovers will be struck by the plethora of hikes and activities.
Scotland at its finest awaits you at this stunning mansion!
***Alternative dates to those listed may be available upon request.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 4250 square feet
King, King, King, and King
8 guests maximum
Edinburgh Airport (EDI), Newcastle International Airport (NCL)
45 minutes by car (EDI), 1 hour and 45 minutes by car (NCL)
Views of the stunning walled garden, rolling hills, and the beautiful Scottish countryside!
A housekeeper is available for provision and for daily visits at an extra cost.
Activities of Interest
- The Cloudhouse Cafe and Gallery (15 minute drive) - With a relaxed atmosphere and wonderful art, this cafe is delicious!
- Torwoodlee Golf Club (8 minute drive) - This majestic course will challenge even the most experienced of golfers.
- Bowhill Stables (15 minute drive) - Traverse around the Scottish countryside by horseback.
- River Tweed (20 minute drive) - Enjoy some of the worlds finest salmon fishing!
- Horseback Riding (30 minutes drive) - There are various stables in the area offering lessons.
- East Lothian's Golf Courses (1 hour drive) - You'll love the amazing layout and stunning views.
Places of Interest
- Gala Water (1 minute walk) - This scenic river makes for a serene walk.
- Thirlestane Castle (25 minute drive) - This magnificent 16th-century castle resides in a quiet meadow and is perfect for exploring.
- Edinburgh (1 hour drive) - Explore your way through the streets of this delightful city, and easy day's trip away!
- Melrose Abbey (20 minute drive) - This abbey is steeped in history, located in a beautiful market town.
- Floors Castle, Kelso (40 minute drive) - Visit the largest inhabited castle in Scotland.
- Hawick Cashmere Woolen Mills and Factory Shops (40 minute drive) - Visit the finest cashmere shops in the land!
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Espresso Machine
- High Speed Internet
- Laundry Service
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo