Wimbledon, United Kingdom
*This property may have additional availability, contact THIRDHOME for any other date inquiries.*
Affectionately known as ‘The Shed’, this building dates back to the 1950’s when it was used as a workshop and stables. In 2005 it was converted into a large studio space, and then completely refurbished in 2017 as a residence suited to a couple. With one bedroom and situated on 1200 square feet, this charming residence is perfect for your next getaway!
It is in the heart of Wimbledon Common, among 1100 acres of public woodland and common, which is wonderful for walking, horse riding and cycling.
The Shed's open living space has oak floors, a wood burning stove, and fully equipped kitchen. It has a smart TV, SKY, Netflix, Bluetooth radio and Wi-Fi and a dining table which seats up to six.
There's one king size bed at the back of the space with a shower and toilet and a separate utility room with a washing machine and dryer.
Very close by is Cannizaro Park, Royal Wimbledon, and Wimbledon Common golf clubs, with two sets of golf clubs for guests to use. For after, head to The Fox and Grapes, a friendly local pub just a three-minute walk from the home.
Wimbledon Village is an eight-minute walk, from where there are bus, tube and train services to all parts of London (15 minutes to Waterloo train station) and beyond, giving easy access to both the inner city and outer regions of London.
There's also an off-street parking spot, and private hard tennis court available for use.
Single Family Home with 1 level
1 bedroom, 1 bath, 1200 square feet
2 guests maximum
London Heathrow Airport (LHR)
40 minutes by car
Wimbledon Common views
Activities of Interest
- Golf (2 minutes walk) - There are two golf clubs within a hundred yards. Wimbledon Common Golf Club is a fun 18 hole public course, pay and play at just £15. Royal Wimbledon Golf Club is a higher end private club, costing £160.
- Walking - Wimbledon Common is beautiful for walking, from where you can reach Putney and Barnes Commons, and Richmond Park, which is a national nature reserve, and London’s largest park.
- Horse Riding (10 minutes walk) - Wimbledon Village Stables is excellent for both beginners and the more experienced rider.
Places of Interest
- All England Lawn Tennis Club Museum (15 minutes walk) - Pay a visit to the largest tennis museum in the world.
- Wimbledon Town (20 minutes walk) - Both the Village and Wimbledon town have lots of good shops, pubs, cinemas and restaurants.
- Kew Gardens (30 minutes by car) - Kew Gardens is a botanical garden that houses the largest and most diverse botanical and mycological collections in the world.
I had an amazing time at The Shed! It was beautiful, cozy and just what I needed while I explored all that London has to offer. The train and bus station are close by, so it was easy to get around everywhere. It has all the amenities you would need for the week and then some, I really enjoyed having the fireplace going when the nights were cool. Andrew and Joanna were amazing hosts and made sure I had everything I needed. I will definitely be back!”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- Covered Parking
- High Speed Internet
- Pets (with Approval)
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer