Somerset, United Kingdom
This stunning four-bedroom 2400 square foot luxury cottage is located on the private drive to Dillington House. With its wisteria-clad stone gables at the front, thatched roof, and pretty façade, Orchard House makes for the perfect setting for a much-needed break in the countryside.
The interiors have been recently renovated to a high standard: the spacious open plan kitchen-dining room is well equipped with an induction hob, two ovens and a large fridge freezer with ice machine. In the adjacent utility room, you will also find a washer/dryer. The dining table can seat 10 people comfortably, so you can get creative in the fully equipped kitchen and cook scrumptious meals for the whole family to enjoy!
The sitting room has a wood-burning stove set into a large stone fireplace and is equipped with a 55’’ flat screen internet-connected TV with Bluetooth soundbar and a Bluetooth DAB radio sound system. There is also a little library/study area for those who enjoy reading – or anyone who really must work!
Orchard Cottage also features three main bedrooms and a children’s bedroom in the loft, as well as three modern bathrooms. All the bedrooms include brand new, comfortable deep mattresses, 400 thread count cotton bedding, and fluffy bathrobes.
The ground floor bedroom is en-suite and includes a king-sized bed that can be separated into two twins: its location makes it especially well suited to those less able to navigate stairs, although there are two internal stairs on the ground floor so access is not entirely step-free.
The master bedroom upstairs includes a bathroom with a beautiful freestanding nickel bath (as well as a spacious walk-in shower). The second room is also en-suite and features a spacious walk-in shower.
The fourth bedroom is a twin and is accessed only through the master bedroom, with which it also shares a bathroom. Together these two rooms are ideally suited to a family with children, and because you have to walk through the main room to get to the loft we recommend this room as a child’s room, though the beds are large enough for an adult.
Orchard Cottage's beautiful exteriors include a private parking and a large outdoor eating area featuring a charcoal bbq and a teak table with chairs. You might find the occasional chicken in the garden or in the private orchard area at the back of the house.
The rural location of the house makes it a great escape for those looking to spend some time in the countryside, with pubs to walk or cycle to, plenty to see and do nearby, and convenient shopping in Ilminster not far away.
Single Family Home with 2 levels
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2400 square feet, 223 square meters
King, King, King, and 2x Twin
8 guests maximum
Exeter International Airport (EXT), Bristol Airport (BRS)
40 minutes by car (EXT), 1 hour by car (BRS)
Stunning rural views of the idyllic Somerset countryside!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Perry's Cider Brewery and Museum (7 minutes) - Located in a gorgeous, rustic location , enjoy learning the ropes of cider making and tasting delicious ciders at the end of your tour!
- South West Deer Rescue (20 minutes) - Set in several acres of of gorgeous countryside, this fantastic facility allows you to get up close and personal with such beautiful creatures.
- Chard Museum (20 minutes) - This cozy, local museum showcases exhibits about regional history and displays related to the lives of notable local residents.
- Axe Valley Wildlife Park (30 minutes) - This cute local zoo is home to a variety of animals around the world and makes a great stop for family friendly fun!
- Axminster Heritage Museum (30 minutes) - Channel your inner historian as you explore the history of Axminster, ranging from the Stone and Bronze Age to now.
Places of Interest
- Barrington Court (8 minutes) - Explore your way through this authentic Tudor manor, and enjoy the stupendous architecture and charming gardens.
- Forde Abbey House and Gardens (20 minutes) - Forde Abbey is a stunning example of history preserved, and offers spectacular gardens to peruse.
- F.east (10 minutes) - This absolute gem is tucked away in Ilminster, offering a delicious seasonal menu.
- The Jurassic coastline (40 minutes) - Just a short drive away, one of Nature's wonders: walking through its landslides, cliffs and beaches you'll be able to uncover detailed stories from Earth’s ancient past.
Orchard Cottage Ilminster
charming very well appointed cottage in a lovely setting.”
- 40"+ TV
- Chef's Kitchen
- High Speed Internet
- Pets (with Approval)
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet