Nestled on 6730 square feet overlooking the snowy Cottonwood Canyon, this gorgeous six-bedroom ski retreat features a positively stunning location. With accommodations for up to 18 guests, this home offers an unbeatable spot for world-class ski getaways for large groups, with quick access to Alta, Snowbird, Solitude, and Brighton ski resorts!
The stunning entry foyer leads to the commodious family room and the upper level. The main living room features a cozy, rustic feel, characterized by smooth hardwood floors and natural hues that invite you to luxuriate on the plush sofas. Across from the seating sits an earthy stone fireplace, sure to keep you toasty warm during the winter months.
From the family room, when dinner rolls around to make your way to the custom-built chef’s kitchen, complete with pristine surfaces and light wood cabinetry that keeps in tune with the rustic theme of the home. Don’t let the comforting alpine style food you – this gourmet space is outfitted with state of the art appliances that are sure to cook your culinary creations to perfection! A sunny breakfast nook rests just off the bar area, and more formal meals can be enjoyed together in the elegant dining room.
With six bedrooms, this marvelous home is perfect for mountain getaways with everyone! The lavish master offers a king-sized bed and a private fireplace to keep you warm at night. The en-suite master bathroom is sure to pamper you endlessly with a custom glass shower and relaxing jetted tub. Each of the other bedrooms features a custom theme to set it apart from the rest, but all have soft and sumptuous linens and bedding, sure to lull you straight to sleep after a day on the slopes. Before bed, enjoy some time lounging in the Jacuzzi downstairs or taking in sensational views of the Salt Lake Valley!
If you’re looking for a little indoor fun, the basement offers plenty of activity to take advantage of! The kids will adore the family room on this level, complete with their own television and a custom-built slide! From the playroom, kids can climb up the ladder and easily slide down to the living room for a movie night. While the kids are watching TV, the adults can engage in a bit of friendly competition with a game of pool and a mixed drink from the wet bar. For some family time, everyone can gather in the custom private theater for a movie.
The Cottonwoods area of Salt Lake is one of the most breathtaking along the Wasatch Front, with sweeping city and mountain views at every turn. For skiers, this home offers the perfect location for a multitude of a ski area, such as Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, and Brighton. Mountain adventure enthusiasts will love the endless opportunities for hiking and biking on the multiple trails that surround the home. For a night on the town, you’ll have easy access to nearby restaurants, and downtown Salt Lake City is just a quick drive away.
Adventure on the mountain awaits you at this magnificent ski home!
Single Family Home with 3 levels
6 bedrooms, 4 baths, 6730 square feet
King, King, King, Queen, 2x Twin, and Other
18 guests maximum
Salt Lake City International Airport - SLC
25 minutes by car
Views of the Salt Lake Valley from balconies and mountain views from the front!
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- Snowbird (25 minute drive) - Home to the greatest snow on earth, you'll love the slopes at Snowbird!
- Solitude Mountain Resort (25 minute drive) - Enjoy one of Utah's most intimate skiing resorts.
- Holiday River Expeditions (15 minute drive) - A Utah rafting adventure beyond your wildest dreams awaits!
- Grandeur Peak Trail (15 minute drive) - This challenging trail offers stunning vistas all around.
- Hogle Zoo (15 minute drive) - This family friendly zoo features animals from all around the world, sure to delight kids of all ages.
Places of Interest
- Salt Lake City (20 minute drive) - Enjoy the small town, laidback feel of this big city!
- Wheeler Historic Farm (10 minute drive) - This gorgeous historic farm features lovely scenery and a farmer's market.
- Silver Lake (30 minute drive) - Partake in scenic walks around a tranquil mountain lake.
- Franck's Restaurant (5 minute drive) - You'll adore the whimsical nature of this cozy cafe, offering innovative takes on French and American cuisine.
- Settebello Pizzeria (20 minute drive) - For the best pizza in town, head to Settebello and fall in love with slices of deliciously authentic pizza.
Wonderful Week Skiing & Relaxing
We had a fantastic week at Mountainside Retreat. The home was very spacious, and we really enjoyed cooking in the well-stocked kitchen. When we weren’t on the slopes, we were enjoying a movie in the theater or relaxing in the jacuzzi. The location worked great for us—close to skiing and downtown SLC. We would love to stay here again. --Jim & Lauren Torvinen”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Chef's Kitchen
- DVD Player
- High Speed Internet
- Hot Tub
- Multiple TVs
- Outdoor Grill
- Satellite/Cable TV
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet