North Shore Cottage
North Shore Cottage
The house is a Cape Cod-style cottage set across the street from Lake Tahoe on Tahoe's northwest shore. Directly across the street is the local homeowners' association private beach and recreation area (to which you will have access), so nothing impedes the view of the Lake from the house except for trees.
The house has 2 BRs upstairs (with bath + tub/shower). Downstairs are the living room, dining room, den (with sofabed), kitchen, and bathroom (with shower). A garage apartment (with shower) is also available and is a favorite with older children (best during non-snow months).
The house enjoys an excellent location, being only a three-minute walk from the popular Sunnyside resort, as well as the Firesign Cafe (rated the #1 eating spot in Tahoe by Trip Advisor), and tennis courts. The house has central heating, a fully equipped kitchen and laundry, and a backyard deck (with BBQ). Bicycles and other recreational equipment are stored in the unattached garage. Gigantic pine trees augment the setting.
Pets Welcome Upon Approval | Not Handicap Accessible
Private Residence with 2 levels
2 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2000 square feet, 186 square meters
Queen and Queen
6 guests maximum
San Francisco, Reno, or Sacramento
By car: Reno-1 hr; SF-3.5 hrs; Sacramento-2 hrs. South Lake Tahoe Airport
This 2 BR Cape Cod-style cottage looks out on Lake Tahoe, one of the most beautiful lakes in the world.
Activities of Interest
- Snow Skiing
- skiing at Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows, Homewood, Northstar
- boating and fishing on Lake Tahoe
- hiking, nearby tennis, cycling
- shops and restaurants of north shore, Tahoe
- casinos at state line (north and south shores)
Places of Interest
- Tahoe City
- Emerald Bay
- Fallen Leaf Lake
- Soule Domain – Is a fantastic restaurant serving great food
- Lake Tahoe golf courses - There are 7 local courses to choose from in the area, which is sure to offer a challenge to all golfers
- Thomas Brothers Motorsports and Full Throttle Tahoe - provide jet-skis and water-skiing.
- Gar Wood's Grill & Pier - Great food and drinks.
Roger C.July 2013
My stay at North Shore cottage was very enjoyable. With only a beautiful private park separating the cottage from the lake, the location was ideal. The cottage is charming and is a short walk from two excellent restaurants. The Firesign is known as one of the best restaurants for breakfast on the area. The restaurant at Sunnyside Lodge has the largest outdoor decks for dining on the lake. I hope to return to North Shore cottage soon!”