Les Clauzades Vieilles
Les Clauzades Vieilles
This enchanting 3000 square foot, eight-bedroom country manor house is located in the South West of France and extends on three acres. This gorgeous home features a sixteen-meter swimming pool and private tennis court. Two of the eight bedrooms are in a separate cottage/gite within the estate grounds.
Les Clauzades is a 17th century Maison de Maitre, which has been fully restored by the present owners, who have also retained many of its original features. The main sitting room has a huge open fireplace, beautiful tapestries, and classical style furnishings. At the rear of the sitting room is a formal dining room area. The kitchen and breakfast room has traditional fitted units, gas hob with extractor hood, electric oven, a fridge and freezer, microwave and a large breakfast table. To the left of a central island is a lovely seating area with Breton rocking chairs in front of a stunning open fireplace. Antique large windows look out across the blooming green gardens.
The manor extends over three floors. There are two en-suite bedroom on the ground floor as well as two twin rooms and a large family bathroom on the first floor. The lower ground floor features a living room and two additional en-suite bedrooms.
Relax with a glass of French wine and a delicious cheeseboard as you sit by the pool and breath in the crisp clean air of the Lot countryside. Or play a game in the gorgeous garden: you'll be spoilt for choice! Chess, croquet, boules, badminton, darts and table tennis are only some of the many options.
Within the grounds, there is plenty of space for children to run and play to their heart's content within a completely secure hedge-row perimeter fence.
All terrace flowers, the many rose arbours and house window boxes are served by automatic watering systems. At night, the house and grounds are a delight, illuminated by subtle traditional lighting. A local French cook can be arranged to cater for evening meals on the pool terrace.
Revel in the tranquil beauty and famous gastronomy, the romantic countryside of the Lot has associations going back to the Middle Ages when English kings ruled Aquitaine province for 300 years. It is truly a magical place for the perfect family holiday in Europe.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
8 bedrooms, 5 baths, 3000 square feet, 279 square meters
Full, Full, 2x Twin, 2x Twin, Full, 2x Twin, King, and King
16 guests maximum
Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport (EGC), Toulouse–Blagnac Airport (TLS)
1 hour and 30 minutes by car from either airport
The tranquil and green Dordogne countryside!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Wine tours in Bergerac - Rosette and Monbazillac vineyards rise above the town and Pécharmant reds age in oak barrels on family-run estates on its northern fringe. In Bergerac you can taste the region’s 13 different appellations and meet local producers.
- Park archéologique de Beynac - Re-live the life of the first farmers and metal workers in this reconstructed Neolithic village.
- Swimming and Paddling - It is possible to swim and paddle at many places along the Dordogne River. Limeuil is a particularly good spot with river beaches and shallow water at the edges.
- Bournat Le parc Aquarium du Périgord Noir at Le Bugue - More than 6000 fish to see at this aquarium at Le Bugue. With feeding shows and an underwater gallery there is plenty to amuse the children here.
Places of Interest
- Saux (5 minutes) - Quirky local village full of restaurants, shops and famous for their wine. Ideal place to visit for a tasting or guided tour of the vineyards!
- Villeneuve-sur-Lot (40 minutes) - Villeneuve was once surrounded by a fortified wall with six towers and eight gates in it: the centre of the town is found between two of these old gateways, the Porte de Paris and the Porte de Pujols.
- Cahors (40 minutes) - It is known for its deep red wine, elaborate municipal gardens and the Pont Valentré, a medieval bridge with 3 towers. The old town features half-timbered houses and narrow alleyways.
- Grotte de Lascaux (1 hour 50 minutes) - Lascaux is the setting of a complex of caves near the village of Montignac. Over 600 parietal wall paintings cover the interior walls and ceilings of the cave.
- Jardins de Marqueyssac (1 hour 15 minutes) - The gardens of Marqueyssac listed as a National Historical Monument offer more than 6 kilometers of shaded paths, edged with 150 000 hand-pruned boxwoods aged over hundred years.
You May Also be Interested In
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Pool
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet