Punaauia, French Polynesia
This gorgeous 1900 square foot three-bedroom Tahitian bungalow was built with local traditional Polynesian houses in mind and that reflects on the use of natural materials such as bamboo or Pandanus Palm. The property is in the middle of a gorgeous tropical garden and has direct access to the most beautiful white sand beach of the island.
Treat yourself and your better half to a delicious breakfast prepped in the fully accessorized kitchen and enjoy it in the peace and quiet of the airy and bright living room. The entire house is decorated with authentic Polynesian artifacts, which definitely add even more character to the already pretty Fare Ylang-Ylang bungalow.
There are two big bedrooms on the ground floor (respectively with a king and queen bed each) and an additional third room with two twin beds on a mezzanine. A sofa bed is also available in the living room. The bathroom is spacious and includes a stunning walk-in shower.
It might be the intense blue of a bewitchingly tranquil lagoon, or a night sky filled with South Pacific stars. Maybe a silhouette of volcanic peaks dramatically lit by a tangerine sunset, or a lunch of poisson cru (raw fish marinated in coconut milk) under the palms to a backing track of lilting Polynesian tunes. Sooner or later, every visitor of French Polynesia has to concede that yes, this really is paradise.
Single Family Home with 1 level
3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1900 square feet
King, Queen, and Full + Twin
8 guests maximum
Fa'a'ā International Airport (PPT)
15 minutes by car
The blooming tropical gardens of the Tahitian west coast!
There is a mandatory $150 midweek clean for all 7 night stays. Short stays do not require midweek cleaning but can be added upon request (for the additional charge).
Activities of Interest
- Helicopter tours - It is known that Tahiti is best viewed from the air: a ride on a helicopter is a must when you're visiting this gorgeous island.
- Diving experiences - Get your flippers on and get up close and personal with lemon sharks, sea turtles, black tips, eels and thriving reef systems!
- Water Gardens Vaipahi - A sacred place for southern coast islanders, the Waters of Vaipahi were once a required rite of passage to purify the deceased souls of the Great Teva, the ancestral island's clan.
- Whale watching - From Mid-July to November, the humpback whales spend winter in Tahiti's warm water far from the predators.
- Surfing in Taapuna - The swell coming from the South is predominant from April to November and can generate 8ft waves. Get down with your best surfing moves!
Places of Interest
- Musée de Tahiti et des Îles (6 minutes) - It is considered to be one of the best and most beautiful museums in the South Pacific. It is dedicated to educating visitors about this beautiful archipelago.
- Pā'ōfa'i Gardens (15 minutes) - Lushly landscaped green space with hundreds of trees, walking trails & ornamental fish ponds.
- Pape'ete (25 minutes) - Beside the port, busy Place Vai’ete fills with roulottes, or food carts, in the evenings. Nearby, the large Marché de Pape'ete market sells local produce, fish and handicrafts.
- Paul Gauguin Museum (40 minutes) - French Polynesian and Marquesan cultural aspects are represented in its exhibits, which include original Paul Gauguin documents, photographs, reproductions, sculptures, engravings and gouaches.
- Fautaua Waterfall (40 minutes) - Located in the verdant Fautaua Valley, this natural wonder's sparkling water cascades 985 feet down into a large pool. The view is worth the quite arduous hike!
A Real Paradise
The word 'paradise' is often used casually, but once you visit Ylang Ylang, you understand the true meaning. As you open the front door, you are greeted with blue-green color of the calm South Pacific ocean,. The property is away from bustling resorts and you seldom find more than handful of people on the beach, who are usually local residents. The owner Thea is warm hospitable and friendly woman who comes around to see you are truly comfortable. she brings home grown fruits which were more flavorful than any bought from a store,. a medium sized supermarket, bakery, coffee house and restaurants are within walking distance from Ylang Ylang. ”
- Covered Parking
- Gated Community
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet