San Diego Sandcastle
San Diego Sandcastle
This upgraded three bedroom, two bath, 1300 square foot townhome is located in the classic boardwalk beach-front town, Mission Beach. Steps from the beach, a walk to the bay, and a jog south of Belmont Park, this comfortable townhome is ideal for a small family or group of friends to enjoy all that Mission Beach has to offer.
Walking into the townhome, you will find a beautiful open living room and dining room space, with wide windows and breathtaking views of the Pacific. These rooms are warm and roomy, accented with chocolate browns, deep reds, and cherry-brown floors. The dining room table comfortably seats four with plenty of plus additional seating in the living room.
Jog up a short set of stairs to the luxurious renovated kitchen, complete with stainless steel appliances, a tiled backsplash, and a seated island. Take a seat at the island and gaze down at the wide-open views of Mission Beach while enjoying the fragrant smells from the kitchen behind. The master bath has been recently renovated with a sliding glass shower door, dark marble counters, and tiled floors and backsplashes.
Enjoy relaxing in the master bedroom’s plush queen-sized bed and gorgeous views. When you roll out of bed in the morning, go out to the private balcony and sip your coffee as you breathe in the briny sea air and relish the sight of the sun rising on famous Mission Beach. The neighboring two bedrooms contain a queen size and a twin with trundle. Each features a television and beautiful natural lighting. A second renovated bathroom sits across the hall.
Outside of the townhome, enjoy walking down to the pristine Pacific beachfront, or go boat watching in the bay. When the mood strikes you, visit historic Belmont Park to ride the Giant Dipper Roller Coaster, shop for beach wear, or even rent a surfboard for the day!
At San Diego Sandcastle, fun is never far away.
***Please note: This property does NOT have A/C.
Townhome with 2 levels
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1400 square feet, 131 square meters
Queen, Queen, and Twin
6 guests maximum
San Diego International Airport (SAN)
15 minutes by car
San Diego South Mission Beach with Pacific Ocean sunset views
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Activities of Interest
- Mission Bay (8 min drive)- A 4600 acre aquatic playground featuring Sea World San Diego, sport fishing trips, and water sports such as sailing lessons, stand-up paddle boarding, even kite-surfing! Everyone will find something to enjoy here!
- Seaport Village (16 min drive)- A unique waterfront shopping, dining, and entertainment complex that recreates a harborside setting of a century ago. It features more than 70 eateries, restaurants, and unique shops, sure to please every taste.
- Liberty Station (15 min drive)- Once a Naval training center, Liberty Station was redesigned to house unique restaurants, markets, boutiques, classes, artistic events, and more! There is never a dull moment and always something new to see!
- La Jolla Bay (24 min drive)- Rent a kayak and head out into the federally protected waters of La Jolla Bay. Be careful though, you might have a close encounter with an adorable and inquisitive sea lion!
Places of Interest
- The Grass Skirt (11 min drive)- If you're interested in a laid-back hangout with small plates, tiki drinks, and funky Polynesian decor, look no further! Enjoy happy hour with umbrella-topped drinks and pork buns
- Balboa Park (18 min drive)- Along the beautifully curated paths, find over 16 museums, performing arts venues, and even the San Diego Zoo! Lose yourself in this one of a kind park.
- Mike's Taco Club (13 min drive)- Don't miss out on this San Diego classic- the California burrito. Carne asada, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and French Fries, all wrapped together in perfect harmony in a flour tortilla!
- Cuyamaca Peak (1hr15min drive)- If you enjoy hiking and breathtaking views of nature, you cannot miss hiking up San Diego’s second highest peak. The Azalea Glen Loop is a 7.7 mile loop trail rated as moderate, and best used May until October.
- Mizu (9 min walk)- Take a short walk to try delicious fresh sushi and fusion Japanese-Korean food at this family owned restaurant.
- Belmont Park (8 min walk)- Visit this historic boardwalk park and enjoy the attractions, food, and souvenirs. .
Great location and nice upgraded unit
The location couldn't have been better for our family of four (kids aged 4 and 6). We played soccer in the park across the street, made daily trips to the beach at the end of the block, and enjoyed the bike paths along the coast and Mission Bay. The unit had nice, upgraded amenities (kitchen and bath, especially), good connectivity (WiFi and TV-related) and some extra space for beach gear in the garage, even with our car parked there. Street parking for our second car was available during the weekdays, but tight on the weekend. We also were able to access other attractions in San Diego rather easily since the 8 freeway entrance is only 5 minutes from the house. The area is somewhat densely packed with a lot of vacation rentals and has a lot of beach-going visitors on weekends given all the available parking nearby - but the noise and traffic weren't too bad. Unfortunately, many of the attractions at Belmont Park were closed due to Covid...we imagine when they are open it would be nice to enjoy walking to them. ”
Location, Location, Location!
What a great location! Beautiful views. Beach runs several times a day and Mission Beach is very accessible to everything San Diego has to offer! The home is furnished well with everything we needed. The owner was very helpful and responsive before and during. We would love to return to SandCastle ! It was another fabulous family vacation for the books. ”
Awesome time in San Diego
The owner was a pleasure to work with from the moment we booked it. He was very accessible and informative. The location is steps away from the beach and boardwalk. Beautiful views of the ocean and sunsets from the balcony. There is plenty to do an see in the San Diego area. We explored La Jolla, Coronado, the safari, the zoo, Sea World, and took a train from San Diego to LA for the day.”