A beautifully restored village house, formerly the site of an old monastery, and only one small Venetian street away from the waterfront. It has a walled garden with lemon, lime and orange trees, full AC throughout and a daily maid service can be provided if required.
The Island of Vis is Croatia's most westerly island, and is 26 miles from the mainland. Vis was formerly a military island where no foreigners were allowed to step foot until 1992, hence the island is totally unspoilt. Described by the Condé Nast Traveller as 'Capri without the crowds', the Island hosts two main towns of Vis and Komiza, both of which retain much Venetian architecture.
Single Family Home with 3 levels
3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2000 square feet
King, King, and King
6 guests maximum
The house is only 25 metres from the water's edge and the house looks over a beautiful walled garden.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Historical island tours to President Tito's caves can be arranged and is highly recommended.
- Visit Carpe Diem, the funkiest bar in Croatia or Carpe Beach Club and drink their special cocktails during a whole day of relaxing under parasols in this Polynesian style bar.
- Scuba diving can be arranged and there are also 4 flood lit tennis courts within a stone's throw from the house.
Places of Interest
- You can take an Island Taxi to Hvar (20 minutes by sea) which is well worth the trip.
- At the turn of the 20th century, Croatia was the second largest wine growing region in Europe until phyloxera, the dreaded disease, destroyed the entire wine industry. That said, the wine terraces on all the islands and mainland are being resurrected and
- You will find the two small towns of Vis and Komiza full of history with wild mountain scenery and many donkey tracks that can be used for walking.
A beautiful home on a wondrous island - the best of the past and the present. Vis is a hidden treasure - a casually sophisticated European enclave without the teeming tourists. Only recently "discovered" by outsiders, the island offers small uncrowded pebble beaches; sand beaches, crystal clear blue green water, boating, sailing, snorkeling, scuba...as well as bike riding, hiking and frequent strolls along centuries old stone walkways which all lead to waterside promenade... And wIth its daily catches of fresh fish, local vineyards and olive tree groves, there is no shortage of extraordinary restaurants - we recommend Roki's, - get a rez days ahead for the peka - a traditional slow cooked meal of lamb or fish/octopus). The property itself is lovely, esp. the large shaded private courtyard with its fountain, garden and night lit landscaping. Viz House, with high beamed ceilings, open floor plan, modern conveniences, and convenient location would please any discerning traveler. We wish to thank Michael, the gracious and attentive owner for providing such a perfect setting to a most memorable family holiday.”
- 40"+ TV
- Air Conditioning
- Covered Parking
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Washer & Dryer
- Wireless Internet
- iPod Dock Stereo