Middleton on Sea, United Kingdom
Named the Ideal Home of the Year in 1939, this fantastic seven-bedroom home located on the south coast of England in West Sussex has wonderful views overlooking the sea and set in 5600 square feet, makes it a great place to entertain family and friends as it sleeps up to 16 guests and boasts plenty of space and entertainment facilities, with the luxury of a swimming pool, hot tub and games room.
All the living spaces of the home are modern and extremely spacious. The kitchen is well-equipped with two electric ovens and a gas hob, an American style fridge/freezer, coffee machine and wine cooler with a large wooden breakfast bar in the center. Beyond the kitchen is the main living area, with a wood burner separating a lounge to one side and a dining room with a table that can seat up to 14.
In addition to this, there's a separate TV room, which has two sofas, a Smart TV and DVD player as well as a games room with a pool table overlooking the garden.
On the first floor is where you'll find the six of the seven bedrooms, four of which boast beautiful sea views. There are two master king-sized bedrooms, two queen-sized rooms, a twin, and a bunk bedroom. The seventh bedroom is on the ground floor, which is a twin bed and has an en-suite shower bathroom.
The lavish master bedrooms each have a super-king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with separate shower and balconies from which to admire the glorious sea views from.
Outside, there's a splendid decking area with outdoor dining tables and sofas, a heated swimming pool and jacuzzi to dive into and an outdoor table tennis table to play on. Another superb benefit of this property is that due to the home's front row coastal location, it has direct access through a gate at the end of the garden straight onto the beach.
The home is just a short distances away from some excellent sites well worth visiting such as the Historic Goodwood Estate, the Arundel Castle and the well-known South Downs white cliffs.
Enjoy long walks along the coast by the water, great whatever the weather - and truly amazing when the sun is out!
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 2 levels
7 bedrooms, 6 baths, 5600 square feet, 521 square meters
King, King, Queen, Queen, Twin, Twin, and Bunk
16 guests maximum
Gatwick Airport (LGW), Heathrow Airport (LHR)
45 minutes by car (LGW), 1 hour and 15 minutes by car (LHR)
Garden, beach, and English Channel views!
Pets Welcome Upon Approval
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Optional fee: In Winter there's a charge for the pool to be heated - Nov 1st to April 1st.
Activities of Interest
- Wine Country
- Devil's Dyke (50 minutes by car) - With plenty of walking trails, hike this scenic, V-shaped valley with surrounding restaurants to eat at after.
- Middleton-on-Sea Beach (5 minutes walk) - One of the sunniest spots in the UK, this beach is a lovely spot to spend a day relaxing.
- South Downs (40 minutes by car) - Part of the South Downs National Park, visit these stunning chalk hills that extend for approximately 260 square miles down the south-eastern coastline.
Places of Interest
- Goodwood Historic Estate (25 minutes by car) - Built in about 1600, what is now the seat of the Duke of Richmond, visit this country house and estate covering 4,900 hectares in Westhampnett, Chichester.
- Arundel (20 minutes by car) - Take a trip to Arundel to see the magnificent Castle and explore all the antique and local shops.
- Chichester (30 minutes by car) - This city is a great place to explore. It has a wonderful cathedral, famous theatre and Roman town.
An unbelievable experience. The owner was most gracious in recommending points of interest within driving distance. The home was outstanding and the view of the Channel was perfect. The home was in perfect condition and central to all of southern England. This was a perfect hub for all our inquisitive roaming and we highly recommend it to all of our Third Home family. Except in May when we want to go back. ”