Tangalle, Sri Lanka
Perched atop the boulder-strewn headland overlooking the wide arc of both Mahawella and Seenimodera bays close to Tangalle, the panoramic views from this 9000 square foot, four-bedroom property are superb.
Lansiya is a full serviced home with four inspiring bedrooms spread between two buildings. Always a favorite with romantics, Lansiya Hill, the solitary one suite building on the highest part of the land and closest to the spray of the sea is an intimate spot for honeymooners, romantics, and escapists. Having its own deep wraparound balcony furnished with a double lounger, built-in sofas, and space for dining, this double suite is truly romantic. Lush foliage bursts up all around it ensuring that your privacy remains intact without obstructing from the scenic bay views that stretch out beautifully beyond.
Perfect for families or groups, the three gorgeous bedrooms of Lansiya House, a newer building on the opposite end of the garden, sit side by side and share a deep balcony with views over the whole property and out to sea. Lansiya's bathrooms in both Hill and House are full of eastern promise as they come with private outdoor shower rooms for bathing under a twinkling blanket of stars.
Gazing uninterrupted from the inviting depths of the delicious infinity swimming pool and indeed from almost every living, dining or sleeping area on the property, your eyes are directed over the swell of a sea scattered with colorful fishing catamarans towards the verdant headland in the distance. At sunset, the scene is sensational as the fiercely glowing sky inflames the sea and makes sultry silhouettes of the shadowy palms that sway elegantly in the gentle breeze.
A tumbling tropical garden, a glorious infinity swimming pool, artfully decorated interiors, and tantalizing cuisine are just some of the ingredients that make Lansiya a truly incredible place to stay.
THIRDHOME has partnered with VIATOR, one of the largest online destination tours and activities provider, featuring thousands of tours and activities to choose from within a global platform of exciting offerings. VIATOR is perfect for “Do It Yourself” planners to consider when seeking to book a sightseeing day tour, city spree, regional day trips, including local city happenings.
Click the link below to view VIATOR tours and activities:
Single Family Home with 1 level
4 bedrooms, 5 baths, 9000 square feet, 837 square meters
King, King, King, and King
8 guests maximum
Bandaranaike International Airport (CMB)
3 hours by car
Views of the stunning wide-open beaches of South East Sri Lanka!
No Pets Allowed
Not Handicap Accessible
View All Amenities
Lansiya comes with a chef, two cleaning staff and two gardeners. Meals are not included - guests are welcome to consult with the owner for prices.
Activities of Interest
- Medilla Beach - One of the most beautiful beach in Tangalle and in far down south of Sri Lanka. Isolated from the city and with many lodgings and restaurants available for guest to use.
- Turtle watching - Head towards the stunning beaches of Rekawa and Kahandamodara to observe sea turtles lay their eggs between April to September in the year.
- Sea Dragon Restaurant - This highly rated family run restaurant is definitely the place to go to enjoy a lovely seafood dinner after a long day spent exploring the wild beaches of Tangalle.
Places of Interest
- Tangalle Lighthouse (5 minutes) - Worth to climb at the top to see wonderful views of the amazing coastline.
- Ranlakshmi Paradise Beach (2 minutes) - Private beach and seafood restaurant just a few minutes away from the comfort of your villa!
- Mulgirigala Raja Maha Vihara (30 minutes) - It consists of a series of rock temples carved out of the face of a huge rock during the second century B.C. There are about 530 steps to climb to reach the top, but the breathtaking views are worth the hike.
- Madunagala Hermitage (1 hour) -Surrounded with forest and nice panoramic views! Better visit with suitable clothing as this is a Buddhist monastery.
- Bundala National Park (1 hour 15 minutes) - This internationally important wintering ground for migratory water birds harbors 197 different species, the highlight being the greater flamingo.